PDA

View Full Version : Admitting we can talk to people in our "Mind's Eye"

Morgan Nowlen
11th November 2013, 05:53 PM
I want to be able to talk to my girlfriend about what's going on in our mind's eyes. She refuses to admit that we exist on that plane, yet I know she knows what I'm talking about. Why do people refuse to admit they can interact with each other in non-physical reality?

Morgan

CFTraveler
11th November 2013, 06:08 PM
Because many people are invested in their worldview- and to admit it's not correct or not complete can be ego-shattering. Things like these can undermine the whole view of their existence to the very core of who they think they are, and some people just can't handle it.
This is true of believers, as much as skeptics.
Most people are not open-minded- they just tightly grasp at what they come to believe about the world, and invest their sense of wellbeing in it- and for them, to change the underlying beliefs of what life is and what it's for is too unsettling, even dangerous.
People change, things change, so don't be surprised if you someday can meet in the middle.

PleaseJustListen
9th February 2014, 02:45 AM
Most people are just scared. If you want to interact with her on that plain of existence then just have a conversation with her about it. Maybe she is just scared.