PDA

View Full Version : INFO ON INFRARED CAMERA

LOgic
4th July 2006, 03:02 AM
I have just recently figured out that a camera with just infrared doesn't do the trick to be able to see your astral body.. you would be in more need of a infrared with thermal vision built in..I however cannot afford a thermal camera. :(

Apex
4th July 2006, 03:41 AM
This, I assume, is based on the quasiknowledge that spirits change temperature as they move. If this is the case, you would see a cloud of temperature a few degrees lower than the equilibrium in that area. If that counts as good enough for you in terms of 'seeing', then I think it is at least a remote possiblity that a thermal camera could pick this up.

CFTraveler
4th July 2006, 05:48 PM
I have just recently figured out that a camera with just infrared doesn't do the trick to be able to see your astral body.. you would be in more need of a infrared with thermal vision built in..I however cannot afford a thermal camera. :( What's the difference between a 'thermal' and 'IR' camera? Really, just curious.

LOgic
5th July 2006, 12:14 AM
the thermal camera detects heat and cold while the purpose of the infrared camera is to see in the dark..

CFTraveler
5th July 2006, 02:41 AM
I should have phrased the question better: Doesn't infrared glow directly proportional with heat, so that anything with body heat will glow brighter? So isn't that what you do with an IR filter- to detect heat? My understanding is that you can see in the dark with it because you are looking at residual heat in inanimate objects and body heat in living beings (or anything with heat.) How is a thermal filter different?

LOgic
5th July 2006, 03:58 AM
no, the single ir camera can only see in the dark if you have the type of led light that comes out of a remote. you cant see the light with the human eye but the ir camera will detect it. the thermal camera however is both a ir/heat/cold sensor. that type of camera can see in the dark with just solid black and white color or detect heat or cold and you can program the thermal camera to only show heat at a certain degree and color. you can turn any old camera into a single ir camera by simlpy taking out the colored filter behind the lense. so by what i understand is that when you raise energy you also raise bidy heat while doing so. so it would probably be easy to detect your astral body with a thermal camera but not the single ir camera. which I have tried with the single ir and it didnt work.. :(

5th July 2006, 11:34 AM
An educated guess by myself on what you would need to detect full energy body:

Infrared,
Ultraviolet scan,
Electromagnetic scan/vision,
and possibly one or two more either science hasn't found yet or I just don't know about :o

5th July 2006, 12:37 PM
Infrared and Ultraviolet are both ranges of the electromagnetic spectrum, just like microwaves, radio waves, cosmic rays and ulf, vhf, uhf, etc... All are electromagnetic radiation. Even visible light. This range is absolutely huge, all are capable of producing "heat" if they resonate with the frequency of the particles they interact with.

A full scan of the electromagnetic spectrum would be interesting, Despite the fact that there isn't a single device that you can just point in a direction and see whatever range of the EM scale you want...

Thermal imaging would be a likely starting point, although I would also equip infra red and visible recording gear, just in case.

I don't think light is electromagnetic, rather it's a by product of electric activity. That's what they taught us in school anyway. They call it the elextromagnetic spectrum on one end, and the light spectrum on the other. Of course, I could be wrong.

What they taught us is that an excited electron will release a particle photon, and this is the light we see. Electromagnetism isn't entirely explained by science if I remember correctly.

astralspinner
5th July 2006, 03:39 PM
You appear to be confusing electromagnetism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism) with the electromagnetic spectrum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum), of which light is indeed a part, between radio waves and X-rays..

5th July 2006, 05:50 PM
You appear to be confusing electromagnetism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism) with the electromagnetic spectrum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum), of which light is indeed a part, between radio waves and X-rays..

Thanks for confirming that :), so it would seem that the spectrum is the radiation of electromagnitism?

CFTraveler
5th July 2006, 07:39 PM
I may be extra dense but I still don't think my question got answered.

no, the single ir camera can only see in the dark if you have the type of led light that comes out of a remote. you cant see the light with the human eye but the ir camera will detect it.
All IR is infra-red. The light that comes out of a remote is emitted bu an infrared diode- which transmits a signal in the Infrared spectrum of light. The human eye cannot see IR in any form, because it's too slow for it's cones/rods to see. However, looking through any red-light filter will enable you to see it because red is close enough for it to be picked up by the filter, hence you see the signal as red. But that's just a trick to see it.

the thermal camera however is both a ir/heat/cold sensor. Yes, but how does it sense the heat? And what is cold, but the lack of heat? What mechanism does it use to sense heat, if not IR?

so by what i understand is that when you raise energy you also raise bidy heat while doing so. so it would probably be easy to detect your astral body with a thermal camera but not the single ir camera. which I have tried with the single ir and it didnt work.. :( This is a big assumption- Just 'cause some people perceive (correctly) a rise in body heat doesn't mean that the astral body is emitting it. If anything, if you are using your physical energy to produce an astral body, it would be taking energy from your body (provided it works that way, I don't know ) thus it would make it cooler, not warmer. (Interestingly, some people report feeling cooler when they do energy work. I feel neither hot nor cold, just 'tingly.')
Another thing to consider is that the energy that the astral body uses is not physical, not in the electromagnetic spectrum, and that it can't be measured that way. Of course that is just an idea born of the observation that the astral body has no mass (which is a necessity if it's going to travel at the speed of light, or higher, something that is probably true since observation and experience has led me to believe that if the astral body can and does do all of the above (and be out of time also) then it has at least some nonphysical (by that I mean non-mass) component that may not be measurable by EMF and other methods of detection. However, this is a big guess of mine, and it hasn't been even demonstrated one way or the other.
Something else to consider is that when Ghost-Hunters and other paraprofessionals use Thermal imaging to track spirits, they detect temperature drops, not rises, which indicate to me that they consume physical energy, not emit it, so if the astral body works through a similar mechanism it probably would cause a drop in its' environment or in the physical body, so if you're using a thermal or IR camera then I'd recommend taking a baseline picture of yourself pre-OB and one during-OB and use them for comparison purposes, instead of to 'see' an astral body.
Just my .02. :lol:

kiwibonga
5th July 2006, 09:02 PM
Well, people have reported that they were able to erase magnetic tapes or hard drives by putting their astral hands through them. I don't know how reliable these are, because they were accidents, and could have been coincidences...

I don't think a heat-sensitive camera would work any better than an IR camera, and the combination of both wouldn't be very useful... It's probably already been tried by ghost hunters and the like..

I've heard about masters of reiki getting measurements of the magnetic fields emanating from their hands, but I don't know if there's a camera that can film that...

SP3
22nd November 2008, 11:45 PM
I once called the 'Rescue Mediums' (psychics that investigate and rescue spirits) and spoke to a producer to suggest that the Rescue Mediums, channel an answer to what type of technology would make spirits visible...but I received no reply.

So the question is sound, why not put these psychics to the test, and figure out how to make these spirits visible?

Or ask spirit guides in the astral...?

Also,
What about Kirlian photography they use in taking photographs, and use it in video cameras?

Tom
23rd November 2008, 01:44 AM
Digital cameras have filters to block infrared, to keep it from obscuring the visible portion of the spectrum. I saw this thread and was assuming that it was spam. If an article of clothing is dark or wet it becomes translucent in infrared.

CFTraveler
23rd November 2008, 10:17 PM
The ultimate xray specs! *we need a geek icon*

Tom
23rd November 2008, 10:30 PM
Actually think airport security. It is already in use and being criticized for the very ... lifelike ... images that are possible.