PDA

View Full Version : Weird voices and flshing lights.

Philippe
8th July 2005, 09:30 AM
After reading on the internet about OBE, I decided to make an attempt but that was not very conclusive.

That happened before I discovered Robert Bruce book, or this website.

I was very relaxed, but each time I tried to "let it go", I started to hear high pitched voices, it was very weird. The voices were very quick and "high", as if people had breathed helium.

I firstly thought that was hypnagogic hallucinations (I'm very used to that kind of hallucinations, because I have SP for many many years), but it was very different: Two presences with two voices, maybe three, one good, one evil, and if a third a good one.

The good voice(s) were cheering on me, the bad one was trying to scare me.

Then I stopped trying, I couldn't sleep because that was a very disturbing experience. I was about to get up to go to my computer, then I suddenly saw 5 flashes of light coming from the living-room (I was in the bedroom). The flashes were red and blue. It longs just one second, with this rythm: 1...2.3.4.5.

I don't remember the color of the first flash.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was hypnagogic or not, but as I said I'm very used to hypnagogic hallucinations and that didn't was the same experience. The only thing that could make me think to hypnagogic phenomenon is my state of mind at that time (very relaxed), but I was not sleeping or something like that.

I checked through the window to see if there was a police car outside, or another vehicle with emergency rotating lights, but there was no such thing outside.

I'm wondering what were the voices, and what were the flashes. If someone can help me...

Strength
2nd August 2005, 05:29 AM
The scary voice was some weak neg trying to scare you, the good voice could be your higher self or guide. I have no idea what the flashes were.

Hegemony
3rd August 2005, 05:29 AM
The scary voice was some weak neg trying to scare you, the good voice could be your higher self or guide. I have no idea what the flashes were.

Most likely third eye strobes. This usually when the chakra is stimulated or well-activated (common when trancing).

metalwyrm
12th August 2005, 06:05 PM
I hear voices sometimes too, when I'm going to sleep though usually these voices seem to pass by me, like I'm standing on the sidewalk and a car passes by

it's also very hard to make out what they are saying but they don't seem dangerous, but I don't always remember

often times though the voices, no matter what they are, seem to make me a bit more alert for a split second or two

Dr. Rumfield
26th August 2005, 07:01 PM
I had experiences like this years ago... It does scare and freak you out. Makes you want to not try this kind of stuff anymore. Still hear voices and I agree they are not harmful... the negative voices seem distracting and a bit scary... the positive voices seem to enhance the experience and are not distracting but encouraging (energy wise) to me.

Sachiel
27th August 2005, 12:03 AM
Yeah, well the good voices could be your higher self or guides as described, and the bad thing a weak neg, but it could also be a entity...infestation, per se in your house or wherever you are. I've seen many cases of this. Interesting.

Basically, just ignore the evil thing, since it's weak anyways, and if you want, you could do some basic self defense, (salt bath, drink of water, pentagram, mind shield, etc.) but really, you might just want to ignore it. Actually, a glass of water before and one by your side projecting would suffice. No worries.

Because if anything bad ever happend, *snap* you're safe again.

Celtic814
2nd October 2005, 11:16 PM
I too have heard voices while attempting an OBE. One incident whenI was relaxing in my car, while parked of course, suddenly I started to feel that heavy wave of drowsiness.

At that time I heard a voice call my name. It sounded as if it was someone standing right outside of my car.

I awoke to find nobody around. I can't be sure if that voice was a dream or the beginning of an OBE but it is one thing I experience alot.

BudOnly
16th October 2005, 05:01 PM
in my first obe i heard a soft voicee of a woman telling me to get up as my body vibrated .......this was after a horrible motorcycle crash

Dr. Rumfield
18th October 2005, 04:21 AM
I have heard voices on both sides (perceived negative and perceived positive)... It looks like we have very social and well known lives in the Astral and other worlds. I have had experiences where I encounter people or beings that know me and greet me and I know them... well immediately remember them upon realizing their presence.

Based upon this idea, it would make sense that these same beings / people would be happy to visit us in the physical state and encourage us to OBE or realize their presence in some way. It would also seem logical that mischievous beings may visit us to hamper our progress because they could have selfish motives ie, ripping us in business deals... or love. The reason I mention this is whenever we have questions on our minds that are not completely resolved, we tend to look for understanding in our dreams or even psychic or OBE experiences. The offenders would most likely be focused on their desires or objectives and would be subconsciously interested in protecting their goals.

OBE's are a valuable tool to find out the absolute truth about anything, simply by thinking about the issue you want more information about. Many beings want us to know the truth and are interested in helping us to OBE if we trust and know more about this OBE stuff. Regardless, the voices and even presences cannot hurt you and should be a little clue to your possible popularity (that you as of yet know nothing about) or someone trying to influence or control your progress through your fear of OBE.