PDA

View Full Version : Identification with one's role

sono2
6th January 2014, 06:51 AM
I have recently had the humbling experience of realizing how deeply I was identified with my role at work. When I was made redundant, while I did not actually "fall apart", I was worried, anxious and unable to focus on the next step. I had always hated the job, but when I no longer had it, there was an unexpected void that I tried to fill by writing a book (am now busy on another). So in that way my hand was forced, as I had always planned to write a novel. . . . .

And since I was asked to help out again at one of the companies owned by the same family, I have discovered that I DO need human contact after all - but it is all just a game, working for money is not something one should be too earnest about. . . .after a few weeks back, I can see how everyone has an agenda; everyone manipulates, creates dramas, plays games - but it no longer gets to me. I am grateful to be earning in order to support my animals & other dependents, but I have learned not to take it too seriously, and to simply enjoy it for the superficial perks.

I suppose the experience of being out of work has been positive. . . !
I just wanted to share this in case anyone else is facing the same situation.

ButterflyWoman
6th January 2014, 02:43 PM
So in that way my hand was forced, as I had always planned to write a novel. . . . .
I used to manifest things this way, too. I wasn't willing or able to actively allow (or take action) manifestation of the things I wanted, so drastic things would happen to "force" me into what I really wanted all along.

I suppose the experience of being out of work has been positive. . .
It often works out that way. ;)

SiriusTraveler
7th January 2014, 01:22 PM
Nice insight sono2. I've also thought allot about this game "Physical Life On Planet Earth" and what it means to be here etc. I also think that you shouldn't take things like work and other stuff to seriously, although I feel we are here to learn something we decided for ourselves at some point in our evolution and thus the feeling of that we need to do something or belong somewhere pops up here and there.
Right now I feel that I'm supposed to be where I am. I asked for personal evolution at some point in my life and ended up far away from home, with a new job, a new girlfriend, 3 cats, 1 dog etc etc. A totally new life with many new hardships I don't need to get into :)

eyeoneblack
10th January 2014, 03:31 PM
Like I've said before, make your life a good story, and you guys are doing great.

When you arrive at 'the gates of St. Peter' and are asked to account for yourself, I reckon St. Peter at some point will interrupt you, "Just shut up and come on in!"