PDA

View Full Version : Gary, Indiana Demons Excorsism (for real)

eyeoneblack
2nd February 2014, 09:14 PM
I don't know folks. Check this out:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/01/25/the-disposession-of-latoya-ammons/4892553/

CFTraveler
2nd February 2014, 09:36 PM
Bookmarked for later.

SoulSail
3rd February 2014, 12:37 AM
Excellent article, though clearly a tough topic. It's rare to see something covered so well outside dedicated, paranormal outlets.

Reading stories like this always makes me wonder about the back story. Why no problems with other renters? Why such a sudden surge of activity?

Soul

eyeoneblack
3rd February 2014, 01:15 AM
Yeah, Soul. This one got my attention coming from a main-stream rag - IndiStar - and documented by legitimate agencies and their people. Kinda' puts the nail in the coffin. How can I argue with this report? As you said, there is a difference between paranormal reports in paranormal web-sites and supposedly unbiased journalism.

Holy Moly!

SoulSail
3rd February 2014, 01:35 AM
I find it very interesting that many stories like this show considerable overlap in the progression of events. I've never posted my complete haunting account here on AD, but my son, who was four at the time, was the first to hear footsteps coming up the stairs in the middle in the night. Rather than flies trying to get in the house, we had birds. Birds would dive bomb our place daily. They came in through the chimney, outside air vents, anywhere they could. I was guiding live birds out of the house almost daily, and picking up dead birds in the basement often as well. In the movie The Conjuring (based on true story) there's mention of similar activity. Who knows?

What I do know is that the malevolent spirit that made life very difficult for months was clearly intent on taking me over. And it's with a lot of humility and thanks I can say it did not succeed.

Soul

eyeoneblack
3rd February 2014, 06:07 PM
I don't know if that's inspiring or troubling :laugh:. I wouldn't think that birds could be the agent of a malevolent entity!? Saint Francis, for example, rather liked the feathered friends. Then again, I can sense your bother and compassion for the creatures being where they shouldn't be - in your house. It stresses me when a bird gets in the house. Like a panic to get it out where it should be.

On that reason I can see, but it does trouble me symbolically.

http://images.realclear.com/225802_4_.jpg (http://www.realclearscience.com/2014/01/28/why_039angry_birds039_attacked_pope039s_peace_dove s_257243.html)Then again, I may be wrong on that. Crows and gulls attacked the Pope's doves. Boooo.

SoulSail
3rd February 2014, 06:25 PM
Hi eyeoneblack,

Sometimes I don't word things well. I didn't mean to suggest that the birds had anything to do with the demonic influx, only that when the haunting was ramping up, the birds just came at the place. I suspect they are terribly sensitive to vibrational qualities in ways we may not be, and something about the change in the house simply caused them to steer into the place. Not sure. In this Gary, IN story, flies kept trying to get in, but that's likely because they were onto the decay mojo coming from the evil spirits there.

Soul

eyeoneblack
3rd February 2014, 06:34 PM
I see and agree. It is not uncommon for flies to look for warmer conditions when cold weather sets in, but December in Indiana is a little late for that. Flies are also associated with the God Mercury (I think). They are not wholesome and I can certainly understand their association with the underworld!

GMAN12
3rd February 2014, 11:48 PM
A friend of mine from another forum had gone to the actual house today. He got no vibes from it. They suggest the kids pulled off some kind of poltergeist.

eyeoneblack
4th February 2014, 03:17 PM
I think it was not the house, but the tenant the nasties were attracted to. That's the impression I got. Whatever, at this point they were successfully exorcized - or so it goes.

Odd you would have a friend in the area :whatthe:

SoulSail
4th February 2014, 04:18 PM
As I've come to understand all this stuff, which is to say I understand very little, it's sort of like cooking. Once all the ingredients are there and under favorable conditions, you might get something interesting--or nothing at all. Some wickedly haunted houses can be rendered benign by virtue of the owners thoughts and general attitude towards life and others. Fill a house with love and it pretty much won't matter how much evil has gone down there, you won't find nearly the level of issues.

But again, I understand very little.

Soul

eyeoneblack
4th February 2014, 04:43 PM
I'll totally second that Soul.

Mari
7th February 2014, 11:07 PM
There are some inconsistencies in this story. First of all, no priest is going to tell the person to look up the name of a demon on the internet. That is absurd. I cannot believe that he would know so little about the Rite of Exorcism that he would suggest that, but that is what he said.

Secondly, if the kid could walk up the wall, why did he need to hold on to grandma? If the demon had enough power to have the kid do that, surely it could have had the kid do it independently.

Third, so the guy from Ghost Adv. buys the house within 24 hours. I am sure he had the money, but a house does not simply close and finalize w/in 24 hours. He had to have known this was coming out ahead of time.

Granted, there certainly is substantial documentation from professionals and that is what makes it so odd. Otherwise I would dismiss this as a total hoax.

GMAN12
11th February 2014, 06:29 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Yup the friend just happened to want to go there. I never met him in real life, but he is actually coming to Hawaii this month so that I will now meet him : )