PDA

View Full Version : Time by PleaseJustListen

PleaseJustListen
9th February 2014, 02:32 AM
First of all I would just like to say that yes, I am only 14 as my profile says but please do not treat me as a child I would like to be respected. Thank you all

Most people think that time moves around them, while this may seem true it is not. Think of time as an endless pool of jello (by endless I mean endless in all directions.) this pool of jello never moves, but YOU do. The sensation that time is moving is only there because you feel the "jello" pushing right past you. You are in fact swimming through. YOU make the conscious decision to move through time. So, this being said. YES there is a way to "stop time" all that you have to do is just stop trying to swim through jello and then BAM time is stopped because you decided to not move though IT. To do this is a very complicated process and you will have to be very very open to things as finding out how to manipulate time is a very hard task and everyone has to figure it out on their own. The first step however I can tell you is to stop thinking that time is inevitable you must realize that you control your own journey through time and always be open to many things. This may take you a long time to master but eventually you will learn. Also when trying to do this it is better to not look at a clock until you are ready to return to normal time.

These are just some of my thoughts on time I can go a lot further if you wish. Also yes I am a person who is "awake" and I am open to comments on these sorts of things. Thank you all.

CFTraveler
9th February 2014, 07:04 PM
Very interesting PJL. Science (or rather, Einstenian science) sees time pretty much as you do-as a function of space, and motion is intimately connected to it. The only discrepancy is that according to studies done with velocity, the way to stop time is to go at the speed of light (or close to it) which will give you a near-infinite mass (much like the jello metaphor) and time will stop. These mathematical predictions have been verified by experimentation, and it has been demonstrated that the faster you go the slower time goes for you.

eyeoneblack
9th February 2014, 07:48 PM
Welcome, Please! I am so impressed that more young people are taking interest in our subjects - you should visit with GMAN, maybe.

Practically speaking, if you want to stop time, watch a pot till it boils. If you want to speed time up, let a person flirt with you. I'm really not being childish because the experience of time is perspective. If you have ever talked to a tree, best be patient - a rock? - give it up. Physics tries to assume an 'everywhere - no person' perspective which leads ultimately to counter-intuitive paradoxes.

Life is a paradox and I love it :-D

ButterflyWoman
10th February 2014, 05:53 AM
time [...] as a function of space, and motion is intimately connected to it.
Yes, that's my experience of it. I'm not so great at physics (I understand the very basics, but that's the extent of it), but I have certainly experienced time in non-linear form, and, in fact, have had experiences where there simply is no time at all, and an eternity and a moment are the same thing (very, very difficult to describe). Most mystics (and many scientists ;)) have concluded that time is not what it appears to be, and that our interpretation of time moving forward and pulling us with it (however you want to describe that) is only a perception and not actual reality.

Which, of course, leads right into, "Then what is reality," which is yet another can of worms. ;)

wstein
11th February 2014, 04:07 AM
I think discussion techniques for maneuvering around in the 'Jello' would be worth discussing.

Yes, I agree with your model for 'time'. I have explored time as only space. It makes sense out of more than time. It also addresses shared but still individual experience, resolves quantum duality confusion, and also the effects of relativity.

My model is a static field of potentials and probabilities (AKA a quantum field) of everything that could happen (and has happened). Consciousness moves around in that field using available senses to sample this reality. From those snapshots, it constructs a story about its experience. The effect called time is caused by taking samples at regular intervals and assuming some cause and effect relation between them. The only relation is in how the sampling was done. Thus time is an artifact of sampling reality, not a dynamic aspect of reality.

I would like to hear your thoughts on how to move about differently in the 'jello'.

ButterflyWoman
11th February 2014, 05:00 AM
My model is a static field of potentials and probabilities (AKA a quantum field) of everything that could happen (and has happened). Consciousness moves around in that field using available senses to sample this reality. From those snapshots, it constructs a story about its experience. The effect called time is caused by taking samples at regular intervals and assuming some cause and effect relation between them. The only relation is in how the sampling was done. Thus time is an artifact of sampling reality, not a dynamic aspect of reality.
That's very well explained. I completely concur.

Personally, I can't really articulate any of the means by which I navigate the space-time continuum. I do it regularly (it's extremely helpful when studying history, actually; I can get an exceptionally clear picture of an era or event), but I can't explain precisely how. I just kind of decide to "go see" some time/place and I do. Same with "alternate" timelines and having very clear perceptions of, I guess you might say, forks in the road in a particular story, that is, had something been different, it would have gone another way, and I'm very good at seeing the ways it would have gone (and did go, in an infinite field of possibilities). Not sure that makes sense. Articulation is problematic, to say the least. ;)

I'll just quote Doctor Who, "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

GMAN12
11th February 2014, 06:25 AM
I saw my name in the thread then found that it ended up being pretty interesting. I am pretty astounded that another person close to my age had become interested in a topic not much people find time worth for. I myself find that I would be able to manipulate a 110 Beats per minute song to go faster or slower depending on how I thought about the notes in my head. It is pretty amazing what the mind can do.

Anyways, Welcome to the forum!

eyeoneblack
11th February 2014, 08:31 PM
I am pretty astounded that another person close to my age had become interested in a topic not much people find time worth for.

This is encouraging. The dawning of the 5th race may well be upon us. This, theosophically, marks the turnaround. From the 1st race into 4th, humans were defining themselves in and, mastering, the material. With the 5th race mankind is pointed in the direction of evanescence - of becoming less material, both in body and spirit, to the end that we abandon our physical bodies entirely in favor of a more 'liquid' (my term) existence. Essentially, an astral and beyond experience no longer burdened by physical exigencies.

This is what I see going on and it is quite encouraging. :heart:

wstein
12th February 2014, 12:04 AM
Same with "alternate" timelines and having very clear perceptions of, I guess you might say, forks in the road in a particular story, that is, had something been different, it would have gone another way, and I'm very good at seeing the ways it would have gone (and did go, in an infinite field of possibilities). Not sure that makes sense. That is completely in line with the 'many worlds' interpretation of quantum mechanics (known as the 'multiverse' in metaphysical circles). This universe is a multiverse type universe where all possible outcomes actually happen. Through various techniques, these alternate timelines can be explored. The field of all timelines is sometimes referred to as hyperspace.

Its not clear to me how consciousness 'chooses' when and how to sample the multiverse. Though most humanoids here seem to simply plod along in a more or less linear trail, I'm quite sure that jumps are possible. More than once I have 'skipped' to an alternate reality (and not always returned).

One of the more important implications of all this is that while the multiverse may be infinite, it is not free form. Actual locations in the multiverse are constrained by the 'laws of nature'. Thus while all possibilities that can play out do, not all possibilities have the means to actualize within the constraints. While one is 'free' in concept to bounce around anywhere one wants to experience whatever they want, one can not just arbitrarily appear in any situation. Only existing possibilities can be visited. Note that by including other universes, it might not be possible to imagine a scenario that doesn't exist somewhere.

ButterflyWoman
12th February 2014, 04:34 AM
Its not clear to me how consciousness 'chooses' when and how to sample the multiverse. Though most humanoids here seem to simply plod along in a more or less linear trail, I'm quite sure that jumps are possible. More than once I have 'skipped' to an alternate reality (and not always returned).
Ditto, on all points.

Only existing possibilities can be visited. Note that by including other universes, it might not be possible to imagine a scenario that doesn't exist somewhere.
*nodnod* As a lighthearted observation, in no alternative timeline am I a ballerina. ;)

Giorgia
12th February 2014, 07:47 PM
Through various techniques, these alternate timelines can be explored. The field of all timelines is sometimes referred to as hyperspace.

What techniques ?

wstein
13th February 2014, 04:07 AM
What techniques ? Basically any OBE technique will work, you just need to learn to set your destination rather than just end up wherever you are taken.

There is also way to do shared dreaming, they have contacted me this way so I don't know how to initiate this.

Any remote viewing type technique that allows for time travel will also work. Basically you need to travel (back) to a choice point and go forward along another choice. The extra push to go another way is the same as how one travels during an OBE.

Dimensional doorway or portals can be set up between alternate timelines.

If your over-soul is aware of the other timelines, you can visit with it or just rummage around in its 'memory'.

Depending on the capabilities of your guides, you might be able to ask them.

ButterflyWoman
13th February 2014, 05:21 AM
Basically any OBE technique will work, you just need to learn to set your destination rather than just end up wherever you are taken.
Yes, this. The trick (for me) is to be able to get a feel for a specific time and place, as far as moving around in time goes. I can get to where I can perceive a great deal about an era or an event. Often, I'll later find documentary evidence (sometimes only fragmentary, but that's the nature of historical documentation sometimes). I get a kind of picture in my mind of where I want to go and what I want to see, and then, I just see it. (I don't actually do a full-on OBE because I can split awareness quite easily and naturally, but that's not a common thing, from what I understand.)

Basically you need to travel (back) to a choice point and go forward along another choice. The extra push to go another way is the same as how one travels during an OBE.
Again, yes. You articulated something that I couldn't have. But, yes, that's how it is. You find a point and follow a different stream. And in true geometric fashion, there are an infinite number of points in any given timeline, and while not all of them have an infinite number of alternate streams, when you consider the infinite number of points, well...

Dimensional doorway or portals can be set up between alternate timelines.
This, I haven't tried, at least, not consciously. Sometimes when I'm working with a particular period of history (as an historian, not for any mystical purpose) I do kind of create a sort of... link to it, so I can refer to it as necessary. Sometimes those links remain indefinitely for me, and sometimes I close them or let them fade out. So I guess what you're describing is pretty much what I do. Interesting. And good to see it in a sort of... workable metaphor.

PleaseJustListen
20th April 2014, 12:53 AM
wstein (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/member.php?1346-wstein) I seem to have a problem with OBE's it seems that whenever I try it's like all the sudden I'm doing something else. Almost impossible to explain. Any chance you've been through this and could help?

wstein
20th April 2014, 10:04 PM
wstein (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/member.php?1346-wstein) I seem to have a problem with OBE's it seems that whenever I try it's like all the sudden I'm doing something else. Almost impossible to explain. Any chance you've been through this and could help? Can you be more specific about 'doing something else'? Are you getting distracted by something in the physical world? Do you find yourself thinking about something else? Are you ending up somewhere unknown?

PleaseJustListen
18th May 2014, 04:12 AM
Oh gosh. Forgot I posted this. Um. It's like all the sudden something comes up and I either fell asleep or I am just. POP doing something else. (No missing time) Just doing something else.