PDA

View Full Version : For all you Aussies you need to disseminate this

CFTraveler
18th February 2014, 02:19 PM
http://action.sumofus.org/a/australia-tpp/2/2/?sub=fb

eyeoneblack
18th February 2014, 02:34 PM
I've been cursorily following the transition of gov't from left to right in Australia and it does not, to me, seem to be going in good direction in terms of the environment and civil freedoms. I'd be very concerned.

What if the Mormon Mitt Romney had won the last presidential election. I'm afraid that could have set up the same dominoes here in the U.S.. Netflix released a biopic of Mitt which was free of bias imo but served as a 'close call' reality check for me. He is a very sympathetic person, much too much so to lead a country hoping to leave puberty behind in favor of a mature and responsible national and international leader. Obama is no saint, that's for sure. But he's had to swallow some bitter pills.

ButterflyWoman
18th February 2014, 09:24 PM
Have already been posting that link. The man is a menace. He got in by default, because the other major party had been engaging in a lot of admittedly inappropriate and tiresome internal bickering that spilled over into aggravating the public, and the public responded by kicking that party out of office, but unfortunately, this is what we got. Now, of course, people are not so happy about him and his incredibly bizarre, cruel, and just plain stupid policies (if you can even call them policies at all; more like "attitudes").

Sorry. I could go on about this at some length. I won't. This man is a disgrace.