PDA

View Full Version : here ya go (psychic self defense)

Moogle
10th July 2006, 11:20 PM
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/ha ... arfare.htm (http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/premise_spiritual_warfare.htm)

oath
10th August 2006, 07:06 AM
This is a very interesting and good article. It makes a lot of sense.

I can second the evidence of calling upon the name of god or christ or perhaps any spiritually evolved being for that matter having done it myself. But that was some sort of demon or devil not a ufo which Ive never much believed in. Also, somewhere in a rather unfamiliar book of the bible it says that "evil" beings cannot reside in a place of prayer.

Good article though, thnx for that.

When your visited in the night by strange beings, pray!

Rhone
11th August 2006, 04:03 PM
This article reminded of me of something....

When I was a kid, my older brother's tendency to occasionally attend Sunday School resulted in a book called "The Satan Seller" being given to him. The book eventually fell into my hands, and I read it out of curiosity. The first half of the book, detailing the author's supposed experience as a "high priest" in a Satanic cult, was quite interesting--like a well thought out horror movie, with just enough realism (for someone who believes in demons and other metaphysical stuff, anyway) to be believable.

The second half of the book described the author's escape from Satanism and redemption as a born-again Christian. It became so nauseatingly stupid (picture adults sitting around saying things like "Yeah Sally, and through my ultra-Christianness I discovered that astrology, tarot, wicca, <insert everything even remotely new age or non-fundamentalist-Christian here> is all directly from Satan and anyone who does it is going to Hell!" Even as a pre-teen, my BS Alarm was immediately set off (now that I think about it, that makes it pretty depressing that so many people bought into it..) and I realized the book had to be complete crap aimed at converting people (not to mention lining the author's pockets).

Later, after getting access to the internet, I looked up Mike Warnke (the author) out of curiosity and found that, indeed, he had been quite convincingly exposed as a fraud (by a Christian group, even).

Why do I bring this up? Because the article linked to in this thread had a very familiar feeling to it.

The author of the article starts off sounding very unbiased, open-minded, research oriented, etc... as if he isn't strongly Christian to begin with. He presents himself and his "CE 4 Research Group" as if they began with no pre-existing bias, aside from a belief that UFOs and abductions are real.

And yet, before the middle of the article, the author is already throwing out phrases like "fellowship with Christ" like an experienced, hardcore born-again Christian bent on converting the heathens. As if that wasn't enough to set off my trusty BS Alarm, the second half of the article is almost entirely Bible quotes. The subject of alien abductions is dropped for a while as the article becomes an extremely typical attempt at demonstrating the superiority of Christianity, and an assertion that the Bible is the perfect word of God.

I'll give the article credit for not coming right out and saying, for example, that all non-Christians are going to hell, and it doesn't bash "alternative" religions in the way that fabricated books on Satanism have. But the article does clearly divide people into two categories: Those Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, etc. who only "talk the talk" but don't "walk the walk" with their religions, and Christians who "walk the walk".

Notice that the concept of Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Pagans, Hindus, Native Americans, etc. etc. who "walk the walk" with their religions are completely left out of the article. This is strange, because I would expect any unbiased researcher to have looked at the effect of strong spiritual belief in general without focusing on one religion in particular. But by focusing only on "walk the walk" Christians, and espousing the Bible as the One True Word of God, there is a strong implication that Christianity is the only acceptable religion.

And, because of that, the article comes off as extremely deceptive. I believe the author and the "CE 4 Research Group" are primarily a Christian group interested in using the UFO/Abduction phenomena to convert people to Christianity, rather than an independent research group that just stumbled upon true Christians being immune to abductions as the article claims. Because of this, the veracity of their "research" is highly suspect, in my opinion.

And this is unfortunate, because there are certainly some positives in the article. The possibility of "aliens" being spiritual entities has some merit, and the invoking of divine assistance when under spiritual attack has some merit as well. The article just completely ignores the fact that that divine assistance doesn't specifically have to be Jesus, and the person calling upon that divine assistance doesn't have to be Christian. I also appreciated that they make a distinction between positive spiritual beliefs and the negative and often hateful teachings of organized religion.

It's just too bad that this "CE 4 Research Group" isn't more open to the fact that different paths can lead to the same end, or at least more honest about their original motives.

Kashmirror
25th January 2007, 02:37 PM
Hello there,
I'd just like to say, When I was at my job, I had a strange converation with a man, whom I had never met before, and then he left the job shortly after and I never got a chance to question him. He told me the following information:

He said: Humans will be Harvested here pretty soon...We will be eaten by an alien race. He explained that:
The average American is over-weight and has a stationary and predictable life-style- that pre-occupies them daily and nightly. They won't even see it coming.
They are like cattle, plump and juicy.
He told me to enjoy life, and enjoy this planet, because it won't always be the way it is now.

He also said, that every human has a virus inside of them, one that has no cure and we are all bleeding. He explained in further detail: For example, when you get a cut in your skin, one of the Human bodies first defense to stop blood loss, is to send natural cholesterol to the cut site, then fibrinogens form and then you should get a scab if you are normal at forming clots.
The real mystery here, is why there is this natural Cholesterol present inside of the body- what made your body form it?
At one point in your life time, there was something that made your body form this lining to protect it'self--- why??
According to Medern Science and Medicine, "natural" Cholesterol occurs inside everyone bodies.
BUt this doesn't make any sense.
There must be a Reason, for your body to make it.
They tell you that it exists inside the linings of every human body's arteries.
The man I spoke to claimed, that when you bleed, this is the bodie's first line of defense, to send the natural cholestrol there- to help from blood escaping.
So he concluded, Humans must have a virus that is attacking the insides of our Circulatory Systems, becuase there would be no reason otherwise, for your body to create the natural cholesterol to coat the inside of your arteries- if there wasn't something wrong- something occuring to your body that it is trying to defend it's self.

--whether it be pollution that you are ingesting into your body, bad food, or NEGS INside of Everyone-- or--- whether this man is correct, and there is indeed a virus that has invaded the human race- I think he's on to something- and there definetly is something fishy going on here.

CFTraveler
25th January 2007, 04:12 PM
Hello there,
I'd just like to say, When I was at my job, I had a strange converation with a man, whom I had never met before, and then he left the job shortly after and I never got a chance to question him. He told me the following information: First of all, you've got to stop talking to strangers and believing what they tell you.

The average American is over-weight and has a stationary and predictable life-style- that pre-occupies them daily and nightly.
That is self-evident.

He also said, that every human has a virus inside of them, one that has no cure and we are all bleeding. No. As part of our genetic code, there are viruses that are in our DNA, which shows that we made them part of us, since they helped us survive in the past. That's just evolution and has nothing to do with his next fabrication (lie).

He explained in further detail: For example, when you get a cut in your skin, one of the Human bodies first defense to stop blood loss, is to send natural cholesterol to the cut site, then fibrinogens form and then you should get a scab if you are normal at forming clots. No, cholesterol is involved in all kinds of processes I'm not sure if in bloodclot formation.
The real mystery here, is why there is this natural Cholesterol present inside of the body- what made your body form it? It's made in our bodies for cell-building and other processes. Without it we would be dead. Thinking of it as a virus shows the ignorance we have about what things do. Because Low-density-lipoprotein is not good for the cardiovascular system it doesn't mean it's a virus. A virus is another thing altogether.

At one point in your life time, there was something that made your body form this lining to protect it'self--- why?? You mean ancient man tripped and fell, and cut himself and bled to death? That makes no sense. The components associated in bloodclot formation are present in any animals that have a circulatory system, not just people. And they don't just develop the ability to clot, they are born with it. I'm not an expert in evolutionary biology, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that that evolved way before mammals were mammals.

According to Medern Science and Medicine, "natural" Cholesterol occurs inside everyone bodies. It doesn't 'occur'. It's necessary, like fat, protein and sugar. (Yes, sugar). They are necessary to grow and live.

BUt this doesn't make any sense. Yes it does. If you know what it's for.

There must be a Reason, for your body to make it. There is a reason for bile, gastric juices, and blood. And your body makes all of them. Why would cholesterol be any different?
The reason is:
"Cholesterol is required to build and maintain cell membranes; it makes the membrane's fluidity - degree of viscosity - stable over wider temperature intervals (the hydroxyl group on cholesterol interacts with the phosphate head of the membrane, and the bulky steroid and the hydrocarbon chain is embedded in the membrane). Some research indicates that cholesterol may act as an antioxidant.[1] Cholesterol also aids in the manufacture of bile (which helps digest fats), and is also important for the metabolism of fat-soluble vitamins, including vitamins A, D, E and K. It is the major precursor for the synthesis of vitamin D and of the various steroid hormones (which include cortisol and aldosterone in the adrenal glands, and the sex hormones progesterone, the various estrogens, testosterone, and derivatives ).

Recently, cholesterol has also been implicated in cell signalling processes, where it has been suggested that it forms lipid rafts in the plasma membrane. It also reduces the permeability of the plasma membrane to hydrogen ions (protons) and sodium ions.[2]

Cholesterol is essential for the structure and function of invaginated caveolae and clathrin-coated pits, including the caveolae-dependent endocytosis and clathrin-dependent endocytosis. The role of cholesterol in caveolae-dependent and clathrin-dependent endocytosis can be investigated by using methyl beta cyclodextrin (MβCD) to remove cholesterol from the plasma membrane."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol#Function

They tell you that it exists inside the linings of every human body's arteries. Well, you read where it is and what it's for.

So he concluded, Humans must have a virus that is attacking the insides of our Circulatory Systems, becuase there would be no reason otherwise, for your body to create the natural cholesterol to coat the inside of your arteries- if there wasn't something wrong- something occuring to your body that it is trying to defend it's self. Apparently he has no idea what he's talking about. Was I too tough?

--whether it be pollution that you are ingesting into your body, bad food, or NEGS INside of Everyone-- or--- whether this man is correct, and there is indeed a virus that has invaded the human race- I think he's on to something- and there definetly is something fishy going on here. What's fishy is whatever he was smoking, IMO.

Tempestinateapot
25th January 2007, 08:33 PM
one of the Human bodies first defense to stop blood loss, is to send natural cholesterol to the cut site,No, platelets and plasma are the bodies defenses against bleeding. Cholesterol is carried in the blood, but unless I remember my physiology class incorrectly, it has nothing to do with stopping bleeding. If this guy can't even get his science right, be very suspicious about anything else he has to say. Beware of strangers who may be coocoo for coacoa puffs. Besides, if we were constantly bleeding, as he implies, we wouldn't be long for this world. In other words, extremely short life-span.

Kashmirror
31st January 2007, 05:38 PM
Aloha!
This guy never returned to work, even though he promised to explain to me about astral projection..later, so he said.
Funny, how he thought he knew everything. I think It's good to say sometimes, that you just don't know. I think it builds you're credibility for the things you say you do know.
Thanks- for clearing up his wacky tabacci paranoid medical delusion for me.