PDA

View Full Version : Diet in the program

Connor
26th February 2014, 08:54 PM
I have been studying nutrition on my own for over a year. I disagree with some of Robert's opinions on the ideal diet. I won't expand upon my views because it isn't necessary. my main question is how can I continue eating meats regularly while also proceeding to raise kundalini. each and every day, at least once and sometimes twice a day, I eat small portions, (5 oz max) of organic and wholesome meats, dairy, eggs, and sometimes fish (only ones that are known to be low toxicity) I always do this in simple meal combinations and with digestive aid supplements. these contain essential nutrients and amino acids that cannot be found elsewhere and are deficient in raw food diets. I consider this practice to be fundamental to my health practice and I am not willing to give it up for any extended time. period. I have been doing energy work for over 6 months now and I know that my body can handle and digest meat and obtain great benefits from it if i give it time and rest. I hope i don't encounter too many contradictions because I have a well thought out and established daily and weekly cleansing and health practice already set up in my life.

anybody have ideas for workarounds? maybe avoiding meat for a few days before a kundalini raising session? what is the essential principle behind this suggestion? not to have meat in the system during the session or the few days afterward? i assume it has to do with the amount of energy that goes into digesting meat and that if digestion is weak it can rot in the gut.

CFTraveler
26th February 2014, 09:42 PM
i assume it has to do with the amount of energy that goes into digesting meat and that if digestion is weak it can rot in the gut. I think so too, but let's let Robert chime in before I give an opinion.

Robert Bruce
27th February 2014, 08:15 AM
The advice I gave was specific to kundalini raising, and not an 'ideal diet' for regular life.

I have suggested that a strict vegetarian diet, preferably all organic, is helpful for kundalini raising. I say this because such a diet increases the 'vibrations' of the energy body, and cuts down on protein buildup in the large intestine and colon.

yes, there are workarounds, using purgatives and enemas to clear the digestive tract. It would also help to go raw vege for one week prior to kundalini raising sessions.

A three day fast on water only before a kundalini raising session is recommended, along with purgatives and enemas.

It if fine for anyone to experiment and try to raise kundalini in any way they wish, including changes in diet, or no changes in diet from the norm. It it works, great. If not, try something else.

If you succeed in raising kundalini with no change in diet, no purgatives or enemas, then the worst that can happen is that you will have a rather messy explosive bowel event, which is not the end of the world. And if this happens you will learn from your mistakes, just like I did. This is the way of the master...to proceed through personal experience.

Regular fasting on water, two or three days per week, is also excellent long term training for kundalini. This is something i have done myself for decades, along with a yearly 30 or 40 day fast on water.

Some research on fasting will help. Medically supervised fasting in a clinic is another alternative.

Fasting is an ancient cure, that can cure just about anything, including heart disease and diabetes and cancer. Again, before tackling longer fasting, you need to do your research. You also need to know that you cannot fast on water if you are taking any medication that cannot be stopped. If that is the case, the Gerson method is reccomended.

Humans have evolved over hundreds of millions of years and our inner systems are adapted to life on our planet. This includes adaptation to the seasons. Typically, in days of old, when Winter arrives the food supply stops, and we humans go several weeks without food. During this time we would relax and sleep a lot. And during this time, the body gives itself a total overhaul, scavenging the body for damaged tissue, including plaque buildup in the arteries, consuming it all for calories. It also repairs itself on all levels during the long Winter fast. This is the basis of fasting therapy and how and why it works.

Heart disease is cured by the body consuming all plaque buildup in arteries, which restores perfect circulation. Diabetes is cured by all cells being 'reset' through the long absence of food, where all insulin sensitivity and resistance is removed.

Most diseases of modern humanity are caused through diet, and consumption of toxins and heavy metals in diet, and other environmental factors. Removing the cause of disease through fasting gives the body a chance to heal itself. This also includes bacterial and viral diseases, as when you remove food the body has 100% of its energy available for healing. And the body knows how to heal itself, if given the chance.

robert

SiriusTraveler
28th February 2014, 06:48 AM
Just to add something here. As the body needs MUCH less energy to digest fruit and vegetables or other organic raw foods that's not diary, meat or grains there are more energy left for us to consume/use in other ways, for example on energy work and other spiritual matters. Also there are a lot of myths and false common consensus regarding food and what to eat, and its being propagated mostly through media. Apply some logic to this and you can se a lot of holes and false 'truths' out there. I guess the path of the master could be applied when sorting out what to eat and what not, but common sense also works pretty good.
For many, things like what to eat and what not just comes with the spiritual evolution. I have noticed this to be true as I have developed over the years.

John Sorensen
13th March 2014, 11:45 AM
It's very simple. Eat meat raw, there very little "byproducts" that will stop you from meditating etc. I have been in short fasts on raw meat and vegetable juice, my body is cleaning out and rebuilding at the same time. Fast for a weak body are not healthy in my view.

I have been eating raw meats for many years, like out ancestors did, and the majority of humanity has done in all cultures for thousands of years, with superior health to modern man. The Inuit were one of the few cultures never to develop doctors, as they did not get sick. They ate over 70% of their diet as raw neat with EQUAL amounts raw fat. Raw animal liver contains far more Vitamin C than dairy products or any fruits/vegetables, bones, organs, glands, guts, grease, bone marrow, brains are the MOST nutrient dense form of foods, but are not recommended in modern society due to pollution, unless from good clean certified organic sources.

Raw meat alone leaves too much protein in the body and over works the kidneys, combining with raw animal fat provides the co-factors to properly absorb the minerals and use the meat, without taxing the organs, or making you sleepy. Meat alone, without the fat can make you quite sick, the body needs the co-factors in raw fat to properly utilise the nutrients in meat AND the nutrients in vegetables.
http://www.westonaprice.org/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/myths-of-vegetarianism?

I have had good astral projections and lucid dreams on a raw meat diet, don't buy into the pseudo-scientific nonsense on this topic!

Whenever I read the usual BS about meat and "spiritual" topics, most times it is s cultural issue, meaning you are reading something that is sources from India, which has many cultural practices around eating / not eating meat, and leads into the modern pseudo-science of "pro-vegetarian" idealists who advocate not eating meat (none of this is aimed at Rob FYI, I have read his Evolution book, and his ideas are very sound, balanced and practical, he is refreshingly un-dogmatic, unlike the typical Indian guru, even Paramahansa Yogananda vilified meat with inaccurate information that was prejudice from his culture, I love his books and teachings, but he is dead wrong on meat, well at least un-scientific).

For good information on meat and minerals visit the Weston Price website

http://www.westonaprice.org/abcs-of-nutrition/health-topics

I am not advocating one diet or another, I just don't like BS when it comes to diets, I've eaten vegetarian, frutarian, raw fooder, meat-atarian, paleo, fasted on water, juice, colonics, enemas, etc and all are equally flawed as they emphasise diet PHILOSOPHY rather than the Biochemistry of the body and its ACTUAL needs, rather than what we want to believe.

Be informed, read and think for yourself and don't listen to ANYONE who says there is one way to do anything.

My personal protocol for what Robert recommends for Kundalini would be as following:

*A period of Nutrient saturation (along with clean water and plenty of sunlight) for several months along with resistance exercise to increase the strength of the muscle tissue, bones, organs, tissue, ligaments, tendons and connective tissue
*A short detox period
*More nutrient saturation and exercise
*a longer detox period (for general health)
*THEN, when the body is clean, and has nutrients to live on, a short fast of 1-3 days, building up to
*Longer fast of 1-4 weeks - for thorough cleaning of the organism (with enemas to prevent auto-intoxication, which can actually kill you, so don't skip this part)
*Kundalini practice / astral travel / meditation etc during the longer fast for accelerated practice while the metabolism is not burdened with food, freeing up energy for the mind/consciousness

*OPTIONAL: there is no reason to starve the body, if you have done at least one good long fast, all following fasts for detoxing or spiritual practice can be supplemented with SPIRULINA, which provides most nutrients essential for life, you can live on this alone (around 6 tabs a day) with water for at least six weeks.

Spirulina is cheap, easily available and assimilates nearly 90% by the body, with very little waste products left over for the bowels and blood stream.

Robert Bruce
14th March 2014, 01:30 AM
The approach to dietary discipline, including fasting, can be simple or complex. Which path you choose depends on your physical situation as well as your beliefs. What you have outlined here sounds very reasonable and well thought out.

But nothing can prepare you for a lengthy fast, beyond five days, because when you are fasting your body must live on its own fat. And after five days or so you should not even take vitamins. Water and herbal teas are about all the body can tolerate. Anything else will cause unpleasant reactions, headaches, etc.

Note....you 'cannot' fast on water alone if you are taking any medication that cannot be stopped. Ignoring this advice can have fatal consequences. If this is the case, consider juice feasting as a viable alternative.

When i fast, I take two mugs of black organic coffee each morning. After a couple of days this begins to act as a flush, a bit like a coffee enema, as it goes straight through my system. So this is helpful. but after five or six days, i cannot tolerate this. And this does not preclude the need for enemas, as the coffee will not flush out all of the bulk matter from the colon.

robert

Dreamweaver
14th March 2014, 05:38 AM
This topic is making me curious - proteins are the building blocks of amino acids, which then in turn are the building blocks of the neuro chemicals that are integral to the balanced functioning of the nervous system - the entire nervous system. This means all bodily processes - all organ, lymphatic, hormonal, metabolic, immune etc processes and functions. Everything: mental, emotional, and physical. I would say spiritual as well - all is part of the whole.

So - how does throwing our bodies and nervous systems into neuro chemical imbalance - really into starvation mode - help kundalini rise? Do we want a weakened vessel to channel that energy with? Is kundalini really so adverse to the earthy reality of the human body and it's workings that it needs it to be flushed and stripped before it can find purchase?

Another thought -- kundalini is the movement of energy through a channel - a circuit. What is it about being well nourished with a working digestive system that would stop the process or retard it in some way?

I can certainly understand junk food getting in the way. It has no nutritional value and contributes mightily to ill health and disease - it throws the body out of balance too.

I also get that starvation is "psychoactive", changing brain wave states.

so - do you suppose starving yourself and filling yourself with water or alkaline or acidic fluids makes you a better battery?

or can kundalini rise through balanced healthy human flesh and bone?

food for thought.

John Sorensen
14th March 2014, 06:03 AM
The approach to dietary discipline, including fasting, can be simple or complex. Which path you choose depends on your physical situation as well as your beliefs. What you have outlined here sounds very reasonable and well thought out.

But nothing can prepare you for a lengthy fast, beyond five days, because when you are fasting your body must live on its own fat. And after five days or so you should not even take vitamins. Water and herbal teas are about all the body can tolerate. Anything else will cause unpleasant reactions, headaches, etc.

Note....you 'cannot' fast on water alone if you are taking any medication that cannot be stopped. Ignoring this advice can have fatal consequences. If this is the case, consider juice feasting as a viable alternative.

When i fast, I take two mugs of black organic coffee each morning. After a couple of days this begins to act as a flush, a bit like a coffee enema, as it goes straight through my system. So this is helpful. but after five or six days, i cannot tolerate this. And this does not preclude the need for enemas, as the coffee will not flush out all of the bulk matter from the colon.

robert

Great post Rob, thank you!

To clarify one point, (and this is my prejudiced opinion, I am not trying to give anyone medical advice etc, but just discussing a point of view) I think fasting for anything other than a short period on the typical western diet (junk food, lack of enzymes, lack of minerals, chemical deposits in fatty tissues etc) is a bad idea due to the risk of auto-intoxication.

In my view it is better to have some detoxing experience to clean the body out somewhat, and then the second time around go for an extended fast, with the water and air we consume daily, and pesticides, heavy metals and industrial chemicals in our food supply, our bodies have much higher levels of toxicity from man-made chemicals than any previous generations on this planet.

Also, doing a protracted fast after some initial experience with detox symptoms, one is likely to be more mentally strong, and better able to gauge symptoms. Whereas going for a longer fast first time around, can be quite scary and unpleasant for some people after a life time of wrong diet.

I hope this clarifies my other post somewhat.

Regarding the comment I made Melbourne Scientist Tom Chalko author of "The Freedom of Choice" http://thefreedomofchoice.com/ states in his book "Mt Best Cookbook" that he has fasted for up to six weeks and more on pure water and Spirulina, after his initial fast where he cured himself of cancer.

Robert Bruce
14th March 2014, 09:19 AM
I have explained some of these things in multiple other posts. But its probably not easy to see them:)

Starvation is a specific thing. The body does not begin to starve until it has used up its entire resource of fat. Then it begins to burn muscle. This is starvation and that is a very bad thing. The body never burns up its essential organs, beyond reducing the size of the liver to minimal size. When your body runs out of muscle to burn, you die.

The average person can easily do a 30 day fast on water, because it is quite amazing where the body hides its fat and resources.

You can tell when you hit starvation easily. You experience true hunger. True hunger is not belly rumbling and feeling dizzy True hunger is felt in the 'throat' and is a massive compulsion to eat 'anything' even bark and grass. If you ever get this, you will be skin and bone and you must eat....being mindful of 'refeeding' of course. Refeeding means to consume diluted juices to start, then to build up slowly to more solid food. the general rule is that refeeding should talk half the time of the fast. So if you fast for 30 days, you refeed for 15 days after you finish.

Kundalini does not need you to do anything in order for it to rise. But it is incredibly difficult to get enough energy to raise it, especially the first time. And, any foreign matter close to a chakra will inhibit it. this is especially so with the base chakra, which is very close to the colon. Cleaning this area is a major help.

So, flushing out the body's digestive system is only necessary until enough energy and skill are developed to raise kundalini.

I have raised kundalini many times over the years and could do it with no prep or inner cleansing at all. I have done this a few times. But this relaxation of discipline is not recommended for the first time, or the first dozen times.

You must also keep in mind that raising kundalini can cause a massive shock to the system, and so if you have any food left in your digestive system this will be expelled if the body goes into full physical shock. this happened the me the first time. I had fasted for three days, but skimped on the enema. I learned the hard way, and barely made it to the throne in time. Fortunately, it was close. And I did this without breaking my altered state - I have a robust altered state. This is why I teach people how to induce altered states while standing and walking...it really helps.

Lastly, the physical energy of the body has nothing to do with kundalini. Kundalini is pure subtle energy. As massive as this can be sensation wise, we do not yet have a way to measure this with instruments...not that I know of.

The bottom line here is that it is fine to approach kundalini with any kind of dietary preparation, or none at all. The worst that can happen is 'nothing' or 'explosive liquid bowel action'. So feel free to try it your way. you will not break anything. And if that does not work, consider purgatives and enemas and a 3 day fast.

peace, robert

IronGega
21st March 2014, 03:37 PM
Are proteins allowed at all?

like nuts fish or whey protein?

CFTraveler
21st March 2014, 07:43 PM
You can eat what you want- you just better be close to a bathroom.

Infinite
22nd March 2014, 04:34 AM
Hey peoples,

What everyone is saying above/below is correct, I have done courses on naturopathy, nutrition etc. and have also followed Roberts techniques for over 10 years now with fantastic results. In my opinion and as Robert states he is just trying to explain areas where mistakes have been made and alterations to life style, dieting and fasting have improved his ability to work with energy and raise Kundalini. In my opinion if someone sticks their hand in the fire get burned and then shows you the burn and describes the pain, I learn from their mistakes as much as my own and will not put my hand in the fire.. thought I am certainly not abdicating skepticism and trial and error as this is invaluable.

My dad was diagnosed with cancer about 8 years ago now, he is a jeweler and the toxic chemicals that he had used for electroplating and smoking for 30 years of his life meant that by the time he found out he had cancer he was absolutely riddled with it and the doctors said that he should set his affairs in order and prepare to die, giving maximum of 4 weeks best case scenario..

Long before I knew about the 'Great Cure' aka water fasting, my dads church gave my dad a book called the 'Grape Cure', please note that I'm saying Grape not Great here. My dads only other option was death, so he gave it a shot. It consisted of 1 month (dad ended up doing 6 weeks) of eating 5 meals give or take, of organic red grapes including the seeds (important apparently, grape seed oil very good for you) and drinking cold pressed organic grape juice which he had his friends produce for him as he was quite weak at this time, using lets say just old school Armish methods.

My dad ended up writing a short story regarding his experiences with this however in short he could smell the diseased tissue and toxins being digested and released increasingly over the 6 weeks, as he laid in bed he could only describe to me that he smelt like death. He was about 65kg when he started and by about week 3-4 he was down to under 50kg. After this however he began to gain weight again slowly over the remainder of the time and by the end of the 6 weeks he was almost back to his original weight. Needless to say he started feeling better and better, this rancid smell that he described subsided and he finished the 6 weeks, gently reintroducing easily digested fruits and juices as the book and Robert states for a couple of weeks after. My dad revisited the doctor after this 6 weeks and to be frank the doctor was surprised to see him. They did the full cancer tests again and were astonished to find that not 1 trace of cancer remained in my dads system he was completely healed. You will have to look into the book if you are interested the cover page is light violet with a couple of bunches of grapes shown, it can be a hard book to find. He has gone for regular checkups since and no cancer has returned, that being said he did change his diet substantially after this to become more vegetarian at the start only eating white meat and is now a complete vegan as HE believes meat was the cause..

This just goes to show that there is so much truth to the healing effects of fasting and natural therapies and we need to stop saying this or that diet is the best as we have all evolved slightly different and require slightly different nutrition. Yes there are essential amino acids and proteins that are required to maintain your physical body, however as proven above they are not required all the time.

Sending Love and Light,
Infinite.

Robert Bruce
22nd March 2014, 07:41 AM
It is amazing what can be accomplished when you start thinking outside the box.

The body has amazing self repair intelligence and resources that will go to work when they are given the right environment.

Unfortunately, most people will not entertain anything outside of the box until life holds a gun to their heads.

robert

Infinite
22nd March 2014, 09:41 AM
Haha, too true.