PDA

View Full Version : Neuro-Astrology Getting a hint

eyeoneblack
7th March 2014, 10:37 PM
“These results imply that environmental variables associated with season of birth impact human brain development,” says Pantazatos, “which subsequently exerts influences on brain structure that persist through adulthood.”

Interesting article (definitely off topic) http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/03/season-birth-etched-brain/. I know Astrology isn't cool anymore - not mainstream - but remains an interesting domain at least for me. If neurologists can identify brains as to which season the individual was born, then that's a hint of some scientific basis for the zodiac.

CFTraveler
7th March 2014, 10:56 PM
In the new tradition of facebook, :thumbsup:

eyeoneblack
7th March 2014, 11:08 PM
That's pretty rye for you C.? But funny and I get it. :)

John Sorensen
8th March 2014, 12:52 AM
Interesting article (definitely off topic) http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/03/season-birth-etched-brain/. I know Astrology isn't cool anymore - not mainstream - but remains an interesting domain at least for me. If neurologists can identify brains as to which season the individual was born, then that's a hint of some scientific basis for the zodiac.

Thanks for the link, pretty darn interesting article there. But it does sound like a very loaded study.

"You get what you focus upon"

Of far more verifiable effect is the mothers overall mental state during pregnancy, babies born to violent parents, who hear loud angry arguments while in the womb etc will VISIBLY react and move, this has been demonstrated in real time via ultrasound. Their environment also influences how they develop and grow,
are they entering hostile environment, then certain traits will be activated to have a better chance of survival, in a more neutral or loving environment, other traits will pre-dominate.

Bruce Lipton talks about this at length in his lectures and books.

Babies have also been shown to grow up with a particular personality or view based on what they are exposed to in the womb and in that critical first year.

Also, for the first 4 years of so, kids grow from Delta brain waves, to Theta, they literally accept as TRUTH anything you tell them, it goes straight into their subconscious mental programs, their "software".

So you tell your kid when they want a toy in the store (angrily) "you don't deserve this" repeatedly, and the message they grow up with is "I'm not good enough" "I don't deserve to be loved" "I am unlovable"

Kids absorb what is in their immediate environment, all of it, for better or worse, like a sponge, there is no discrimination, because the software is still being installed, they have no way to tell "useful" from "harmful" programs.

eyeoneblack
8th March 2014, 02:14 PM
You are so right, Mr. (Dr.?) Sorensen and well articulated. The article I referenced came from Wired magazine - not Nature, and does not pass for robust in the least. But it may serve as an indicator of a direction neurology may explore in the future.

Our daughter was born in '78 and Dad and Mom were of the New Age sort and happy together. I played my recordings of classical music for her in the womb. When she was able, later, she liked to crawl under my grand and listen to me play. God bless her, life was sweet. Eight, nine, years later I walked away from a very lucrative job. Mom and I began to fight and it pained me for daughter to witness that. We separated and daughter came to live with me in a ramshackle house. I was plying my trade as a pianist. I worked but it didn't pay much.

She's grown now and beautiful inside and out - maybe I gilt the edges a little. She married a great man and produced an amazing grandson.

I, on the other hand, grew up in a very hostile environment. Always fighting and I couldn't help but think it was my fault. It was the cost of those piano lessons for sure.

I totally get it, sir.

Richard