PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Manifesting Books and Techniques You Have Applied

John Sorensen
8th March 2014, 05:08 AM
Hi,

:tongue:Please recommend any good books/articles on Manifesting and similar topics here.:tongue:

If you care to summarise any specific techniques you have used, then please do so.:thumbsup:

I am currently writing an article on Manifesting and the Quantum Field, I greatly appreciate any suggestions, as I am combining things from over 10 years of reading / studying / application into one core article for my own personal reference.

The article may grow into a short ebook, depending on length, which if so I would keep under 100 pages, for the sake of simplicity. I am happy to post a draft of the article here in a month or so for comments/criticism.

If it does expand into an ebook, anyone who posts here would be welcome to a free copy.

I "intend" for the ebook to be free on my own website or blog on spiritual evolution, for any vistors, which does not yet exist (well it does at the quantum level...lol)

Any help is greatly appreciated, I thank you in advance you wonderful and fabulously talented and very attractive person you! :angelic:

Sinera
8th March 2014, 11:07 AM
It might not be helpful, but anyway, here I go. Just in recent days I was learning stuff about this from my daily experience. Learning by mistake, so to speak. :?

I now found out about a mistake definitely to avoid: attachment to outcome. You need to be detached to it. This is at first glance almost contradicting, how can you be un-attached to sth you want to manifest in the first place? But that must be the way it seems because the other way round it definitely does not work, so I learnt.

I thought I had a specific job at a specific company. I even read books and material to prepare for it intellectually up until last month. First, as a kind of manifestation ("act as if you already have it") but also since I was so sure. I had two good interviews there before that. It was in a company where I already knew people so I thought that "vitamin C" also played a part. I was 100% certain it would work. I was in my preparations totally fixed on it, no more allowing for any other outcome (understandable as I am hungry for a job and a change). Even more: I had several precognitive dreams about this job. One was (believe it or not!) 3.5 years ago (I have a dream journal so I know for sure).

Then the rejection e-mail came. That taught me something. I had been too attached to this specific outcome. The dreams were precog indeed but only about a possibilty that might or might not manifest / become actualised. Maybe I also did not want it subconsciously, so doubt about my own intent might have played a role too, at least in the end after I had to wait too long for a reply I lost patience and started asking myself if I "really" needed/wanted that, leaving the answer open.

Another recent technique which is connected to detachment I learnt now was from a guy on Youtube, it was linked by another user in the Astralpulse forum. I bookmarked it weeks ago and only 2 days ago I watched it to learn about manifestation again.

I decided to try this out now. It is actually also a form of detachment. He gives a long talk but actually his final advice could be expressed in a few sentences and even summarised in two words: exaggerated visualisation. I think it is indeed a detachment of sorts if you go overboard with it because you are no longer attached to the "realistic" and specific outcome. So it might be a good hint after all. And two techniques in one (detachment, exaggerated visualisation).

Here's the talk - as said, it takes him a while to make his point, but I consider his verbose deliberations worthwhile and even entertaining, after having listened to all of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoMkpof0cQ

ButterflyWoman
8th March 2014, 12:33 PM
I've read a LOT of books on this topic. Most of them I wouldn't recommend, and they all tend to run together in my mind, unfortunately. However, this one was extremely helpful, and I do recommend it:

The Map: To Our Responsive Universe, Where Dreams Really Do Come True! by Boni Lonnsburry

It's not really a beginner's guide, but a guide for people who already are familiar with the tenets of deliberate reality creation but who need help clearing their own blocks, baggage, etc., in order to really get it going. I found a number of the techniques in the book to be extremely helpful in that regard.

CFTraveler
8th March 2014, 06:59 PM
The way I do it is in my blog. Divided in two parts, Here's part 1.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/entry.php?75-Coralie-s-Manifestation-Manual-Step-One
Once you're there you can find part 2.

John Sorensen
9th March 2014, 12:04 AM
It might not be helpful, but anyway, here I go. Just in recent days I was learning stuff about this from my daily experience. Learning by mistake, so to speak. :?

I now found out about a mistake definitely to avoid: attachment to outcome. You need to be detached to it. This is at first glance almost contradicting, how can you be un-attached to sth you want to manifest in the first place? But that must be the way it seems because the other way round it definitely does not work, so I learnt.

Thank you Sinera for contributing your ideas and experiences.:P

Interesting to see you learning the part about "detachment". That used to be a meaningless term to me, until I studied the Bhagavad Gita, the Indian spiritual classic, the converstaion between Arjuna and Krsna on the battlefield contains many sutras on detachment from the results of one's actions.

“When he [, the virtuous person,] renounces all desires and acts without craving, possessiveness, or individuality, he finds peace.” Bhagavad-Gita 2:71

“Always perform with detachment any action you must do; performing action with detachment, one achieves supreme good.” Bhagavad-Gita 3:19

"If you cannot take to this practice, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge. Better than knowledge, however, is meditation, and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action, for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind." 12:12

"Disinterested, pure, skilled, indifferent, untroubled, relinquishing all involvements, devoted to me, he is dear to me. He does not rejoice or hate, grieve or feel desire; relinquishing fortune and misfortune, the man of devotion is dear to me. Impartial to foe and friend, honor and contempt, cold and heat, joy and suffering, he is free from attachment. Neutral to blame and praise, silent, content with his fate, unsheltered, firm in thought, the man of devotion is dear to me. Even more dear to me are devotees who cherish this elixir of sacred duty as I have taught it, intent on me in their faith" 12: 16-20

I was very fortunate many moons ago to hang out with some friends (for several years, and actually for 3 years I lived in a house full of Indian immigrants, who practiced daily prayer and japa meditation) who were Hare Krishna devotees, who turned me on to the Gita. It's funny, I was never a religious person, nor a "joiner" or any group, but one friend used to say to me quietly "You are a true devotee".

Which I did not understand at the time, but what he meant was I was always doing work for others without asking for anything in return, and without any care other than doing the work itself, which becomes a moving meditation, when you absorb yourself in any activity in a mode of "goodness".

Also listened to Wayne Dyer's audio programmes for many years, and he talks about the Gita a lot (and other texts), so before I learned anything about conscious manifesting, I had learned / lived/ applied devotion and detachment from my actions to every aspect of my life.

Looking at the bottom quote there above, it reminds me of quantum physics and meditation. When we meditate, we are at the zero point - the place before thoughts, where all possibilities and probabilities manifest and unmanifest exist simultaneously.

In recent years, more and more when I look ahead, make plans of goals, I get all kinds of data in my mind during/after meditation. I can literally see a large number of probable realities (personal reality), and this is helpful, but sometimes frustrating, I still have to make conscious choice as which probability I want to manifest, they are usually all equally appealing, and they are all equally valid.

The filter that I have found useful is asking questions such as,
If "x" probability manifests:
*What will I learn from this?
*What is most enjoyable to me right now?
*What is most enjoyable to me in the longer term?
*How can I best be of service through loving, serving and giving?

Asking those of each possible personal reality I find helps immensely to decide what events and people to attract into my life.

John Sorensen
9th March 2014, 12:06 AM
The way I do it is in my blog. Divided in two parts, Here's part 1.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/entry.php?75-Coralie-s-Manifestation-Manual-Step-One
Once you're there you can find part 2.

Thank you CFTraveler, I AM.... reading this now.:D

SoulSail
9th March 2014, 12:41 AM
I found some of the Seth material very helpful, and equally accurate in its descriptions of how "reality" works--best I can think of is titled, The Nature of Personal Reality. But after reading CFT's blog, I think she's got all bases covered and then some...very well done!

Soul

John Sorensen
9th March 2014, 01:19 AM
I found some of the Seth material very helpful, and equally accurate in its descriptions of how "reality" works--best I can think of is titled, The Nature of Personal Reality. But after reading CFT's blog, I think she's got all bases covered and then some...very well done!

Soul

Cool, Nature of Personal Reality is one of my all time favourites!

Ubadoz
10th March 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm going to make a thread about how I'm planning to use LOA. I've read half Amazon on manifestation so you might be interested :-)