PDA

View Full Version : Progress in proportion to session length

devorb
14th March 2014, 01:27 PM
Hi Robert,

Some parts of your videos suggest there is extra advantage in longer sessions.
In the last couple of weeks I was doing 1 hour of practice every morning, but I consider to increase it.
Let's say I practice for 1 hour an develop my energy body with 1 unit. If I increase the session time
to say 2 hours would I gain more than 2 units? To say it otherwise is there extra advantage in doing longer
sessions or is it harmful? You use the gym example, I go to the gym for many years and do 1 hour regulary, can do maximum 2 hours, but longer is disadvatageous it's just a struggle to push myself, as I'm exhausted.
So which is it?
-Doing 2 hours is the same as doing 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening
-Doing 2 hours is more advatageous, because ...
-Doing 2 hours is disadvatageous, because ...

CFTraveler
14th March 2014, 06:24 PM
I'm only going to mention the Golden Rule of Energy Work. (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?7106-The-Golden-Rule-of-Energy-Work) I'm sure Robert will have something to say.

Robert Bruce
15th March 2014, 05:35 AM
The gym body building analogy can only be taken so far.

the reason I suggest longer sessions is because after 90minues or so, the body mind shifts into a deeper altered state. This has a direct parallel with the sleep cycle and the period of deep dreamless sleep in the Delta range. This level, while you are awake and meditating, causes a profound 'shift' in consciousness and power.

This, longer meditation sessions, is hugely helpful for kundalini raising. And this is also why I teach people to learn how to induce altered states while walking, to make this state more robust. Because it is easier to trigger Kundalini in this state, I have found.

peace, robert