PDA

View Full Version : Question

Infinite
20th March 2014, 12:03 PM
Hey Bob,

Just wondering, I'm up to rk_s12 now and have already done a 1 day water fast. My girlfriend and I would like to water fast, starting with once a day for every week so I'm wondering if;

1. Can I do weights on the days that I fast? I do mostly push-ups, chin-ups, squats and just general core work nothing to put on size just to maintain 'the temple' so to speak but definitely getting the heart rate to 180+, will the fast to your knowledge effect this and how I can perform after, as sometimes I go to work after).

3. I take a range of vitamin and minerals obviously taking them before and after would be no problem as some don't go well on an empty stomach?

2. This enema... I've had a look at it before and considered getting a 'colonic irrigation' for general health and detox reasons.. Places do it though... Are they just going to be doing the same thing that you would have mentioned?? It really doesn't take my fancy but Kundalini takes my fancy more, should I just go buy some adult nappies :P

Cheers

Robert Bruce
22nd March 2014, 07:53 AM
1. Can I do weights on the days that I fast? I do mostly push-ups, chin-ups, squats and just general core work nothing to put on size just to maintain 'the temple' so to speak but definitely getting the heart rate to 180+, will the fast to your knowledge effect this and how I can perform after, as sometimes I go to work after).

On a one day fast you will be detoxing and using energy that is stored in your tissues. Working out is good for you, but it will trigger major appetite so this might make it difficult to stick to. You might want to have a more relaxed workout on fasting days.

I have had many reports of people breaking fasts due to heavy work and appetite. But, this is also an opportunity to test your will, so this would give more value.

Working out while fasting for a day or two will not harm you, so long as you are taking enough water.

3. I take a range of vitamin and minerals obviously taking them before and after would be no problem as some don't go well on an empty stomach?

Yes, cut down on these for the fasting day, or eliminate them completely for that day.

2. This enema... I've had a look at it before and considered getting a 'colonic irrigation' for general health and detox reasons.. Places do it though... Are they just going to be doing the same thing that you would have mentioned?? It really doesn't take my fancy but Kundalini takes my fancy more, should I just go buy some adult nappies :P

Colonic irrigation is very convenient and more thorough than a normal enema. you just lay there and let the machine do it all. You'll be glad you did as it is efficient at removing toxins and old matter from your system.

robert

Infinite
22nd March 2014, 09:37 AM
Hey Bob,

1. I ended up doing a fast from Thursday night until Saturday morning and I had my 1 hour 15 min workout Friday after work. Two of my good friends and I car pool so I was raising and storing energy to my dan tien and base/root chakra in the back seat on the way. It was strange I did all the things I normally do but a little faster even. It seems that I had more poke but it made me sweat ridiculous amounts (I'm guessing due to the increased detoxing effects) but after the work out I recovered and felt like I could go again much sooner then I usually do. Usually for a couple of hours after I'm really spaced but after 10 - 15 mins I was full of beans again.

That being said I had trouble getting to sleep on the Friday night took me until about 1 AM and I have been sooo drained since, which I consider a little weird. I woke up at about 10AM and had my morning shake which contains as much goodies that you might want, my vitamins and minerals, as well as lots of water but I was still really cloudy, drained and spaced out so I had another nap from 1:30PM to 5:00PM (long nap I know) and I still feel tired but much better now...

2. I might book a Colonic Irrigation for the first one to have the experience and give it a good flush and then try myself from then on in.

Cheers for the advice.

Sending Love and Light
Infinite.

Robert Bruce
23rd March 2014, 07:41 AM
These are mainly detox symptoms. This takes as long as it needs to, depending on the toxin load. But you can overcome this one day at a time, so when you try a longer fast you'll have less problems with the detox.

The body needs less sleep at times during a fast, and sometimes it needs more sleep. It lets you know what it needs by your level of tiredness. Its best to follow this, but within reason.

Eating raw fruit and veg for a day or so before a fast will help clean out your system.

You'll find that with practice your body will become much more predictable in this sense.

Keep in mind here that longer fasts, more than 5 days, require a bit of research so you will know what to expect and can do it safely.

This is a voyage of discovery....enjoy.

robert

Infinite
23rd March 2014, 08:24 AM
Cheers Bob,

As usual, appreciate the advice.

Sending Love and Light,
Infinite

Robert Bruce
22nd April 2014, 03:07 AM
Some advice on fasting....

I am on day 22 of a water fast, and aiming for 35 - 40 days.

I did a 28 day water fast also in November 2013

The key to water fasting is...water.

Double or quadruple the amount of water you drink and you will find your fasting very easy.

I take two pints of water first thing in the morning. i drink one pint, wait five or ten minutes, and then drink the rest.

I am currently drinking 12 - 15 pints per day.

As i do this, i feel very well indeed. For example, I'll wake up in the morning a bit dehydrated and will feel bad and weak. i drink my water and immediately begin to feel better. a short time later and I feel fine....no weakness and no bad feelings from my body. i am a bit weak and would not like to go jogging, but i feel fine.

I did some research and consulted some experts and this information is key.

When the body burns fat it needs a lot of water to do this, to break apart the bonds of the fat molecules.

If your water gets low, you will start to feel weak and cold (if the weather is cool) and your stomach will feel uncomfortable.

It helps to wear extra clothing, and to make sure you never get chilled. If you get chilled and lose body heat, it takes a long time for your body to warm up again.

So, stay warm, drink 'lots' of pure water, and you'll be fine. The rest is all mental...keeping your mind off eating.

Your eyesight will at times weaken during a fast. This can be helped greatly by drinking more water.

Mind you, a common phenomenon for people fasting is that they become very interested in food and watch the cooking channel and recipe videos etc. i find myself doing this, hunting for new recipes. i do all the cooking in my home, and continue this during my fasts. i also sit down with my family when they eat and enjoy watching them eat.

I do taste food for spice and salt content as i am cooking, but carefully spit it out and rinse out my mouth. i don't want 'anything' but water in my system.

i no longer use vitamins and minerals while fasting as i have found that this is not necessary. everything you need is stored in your body fat and this is easier on the body and frees up more of the body's immune and self repair systems.

robert