PDA

View Full Version : Body Awareness

Diabolus
8th July 2005, 10:36 PM
This is a question that has been plaguing me for a while now.

When you target a part of your body with body awareness, do you just concentrate on that area (like I'm doing now), or actually imagine your point of view is at that point?

I can sort of put my view there, as though my eyes were where I'm targetting, and seeing everything around me from that point. But I find this pretty difficult to keep for long, maybe about 3 seconds at most.

I'm just wondering because I'm still getting results from just targetting like I am now, without having to go deep and actually viewing from that point.

Could anyone share their ideas and how they do it? Will I be alright to just continue as I am with concentrating on the area and moving energy through it? It's been working fine for me so far, so I guess this may be a case of "If it's not broke, don't fix it". But if I'm doing this wrong, or inefficiently, it may be taking longer and less potent than it would be.

I don't want to have to try and make my point of view go to that area though... it's pretty difficult and mind boggling. I have this trouble with visualising places as well, if I'm walking through them. I have walked around my house in my mind before, but I always seem to see it in 3rd person, still from my body, even though I still seem to be getting the same effect. For a few moments I can go 1st person, but it goes straight back to 3rd if I remember where I actually am, and perceive it from my body.

Thanks!

EOL007
8th July 2005, 11:10 PM
Hi,

Briefly.. if it works stick with it.

Robert has said that the idea of visualistion can confuse the matter. Stick with the idea of using imagination!

You are doing well,

S :)

Quantitativefool
8th July 2005, 11:21 PM
I generally just imagine what it's like from there but i have tried both of the ways you mentioned for targeting and body awareness. Find which one seems to work bettter. Maybe try just one for a week then the other the next week and just go by results! You might be suprised even if one is harder.

Good luck!
-Stu

Chris
8th July 2005, 11:45 PM
I 'feel' that area. Visualisation in a mindseye visual sence seems to take me away from the body and into the imaginary. As I type this I placed awarness on my right foot, and the sensations arising in that foot now are more noticable than other body area sensations as thats where my attention is. I hope this makes sence. It's more a tactile sensation. Increased awarness of the area targeted over that of other areas for me.

Diabolus
9th July 2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Thank you EOL007. I will stick with it as it's definitely working :)

Thank you Quantitativefool. I'll try a session purely doing the other way and see if I get anything.

Thank you Chris. I definitely know what you mean. I can place awareness exactly as you just described. I tried it with my right foot as well and got immediate sensations there as I type this too. I guess I seem to be doing the right sort of thing then.

Thanks again everyone. I hope this aids anyone else who's also got the same uncertainty.