PDA

View Full Version : The Mind Body Project

GMAN12
6th April 2014, 12:52 AM
I'm keeping this here so I can update on a project i'm working on. It involves binaural beats, hemi sync, an EEG, A whole lot of paper, experiments, and the most important, biofeedback.

Why did I start this? My interest in Biofeedback. I had read a book by Dr. Elmer Green of the Menninger Foundation called Beyond Biofeedback. I was amazed at how the people they had tested were able to do many things like controlling what was once known as involuntary functions like stopping your heart or inducing brainwaves.

I think that using something like this could speed up our training of the control of bodily functions within our body by giving us feedback on it so that we know we're doing it right. In a hypothetical answer, I would say it trains our mind to be able to accomplish things like this.

I also learned through hermetics that all these things are possible with imagination, but you have to know if you're doing it right using intuition. This technique allows you to see the physical results of what exactly is happening inside of you.

Now, if only I could get that government grant...

John Sorensen
6th April 2014, 10:00 AM
I'm keeping this here so I can update on a project i'm working on. It involves binaural beats, hemi sync, an EEG, A whole lot of paper, experiments, and the most important, biofeedback.

Why did I start this? My interest in Biofeedback. I had read a book by Dr. Elmer Green of the Menninger Foundation called Beyond Biofeedback. I was amazed at how the people they had tested were able to do many things like controlling what was once known as involuntary functions like stopping your heart or inducing brainwaves.

I think that using something like this could speed up our training of the control of bodily functions within our body by giving us feedback on it so that we know we're doing it right. In a hypothetical answer, I would say it trains our mind to be able to accomplish things like this.

I also learned through hermetics that all these things are possible with imagination, but you have to know if you're doing it right using intuition. This technique allows you to see the physical results of what exactly is happening inside of you.

Now, if only I could get that government grant...

Yes, Biofeedback replicates what Indian Yogis have done for thousands of years, in a Western context.

I simultaneously got into the topics of Biofeedback, Autogenics, Meditation and Neuro-Science (and Neuro-Plasticity) perhaps around ten years ago.

I can lie down and take my breath down to about two breaths in a minute after a few minutes of deep breathing, and also slow my heart rate down considerably, similar to sleeping - but I have not "measured" the actual beats per minute, just estimated. I have no reason to do any objective measurements.

It is also much easier (with practice) to go into Alpha and Theta brain wave states pretty much whenever I like.

The more you CONSCIOUSLY practice, the greater the effect in my experience. That is, you CAN teach yourself various skills /states.

However I would make this suggestion.

Lets say you use a binaural beat to go into an Alpha, Theta or Delta brain wave state for either 30 or 60 minutes. Do this one day, then the next day do the same thing WITHOUT the Binaural beat audio.

Then the following two days repeat the process, that is listen to the audio on day one, and then the second/alternate day go without the audio.

This is what I did for about a month while listening to Delta audio / Binaural beats in an experiment to be more familiar with Delta while in a waking state.

EDIT: I didn't really make it clear here. On Day 1 - the audio / Binaural beats. On Day 2 - Meditation without the audio with the Intention to produce the same brain waves as with the audio.
Day 3 Repeat audio Day 4 Repeat meditation without audio.

I did not know if this would work, I just spontaneously decided to try it last year, and it worked pretty well for me, however I have been meditating for several years previously.

Next I'm going to repeat the same experiment with Gamma waves, hopefully I won't turn into the Incredible Hulk.:wacky1:

It's odd that most articles on brain-waves don't even mention Gamma, the ones that do usually talk about Tibetan monks who have been meditating 20+ years.

GMAN12
7th April 2014, 06:42 AM
True. They don't talk about Gamma, from which I heard is a LOT faster than the other brain waves, but I have no idea what it would produce if you were in a state with Gamma brainwaves. I think I will try that experiment. If I could get into the necessary brain wave states through will, it would be A LOT easier to astral project, fall into trance, and all these other things. Thanks!

John Sorensen
7th April 2014, 09:03 AM
Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFMtq5g8N4

GMAN12
7th April 2014, 09:05 AM
Interesting. I'll update this post later after I watch the video.

GMAN12
10th April 2014, 05:33 AM
I now remember where I had heard of Ken Wilber. I saw in another forum about him flat lining his brainwaves which is in the video above. It is amazing what we can do which is limitless. Now I am back into pranayama, I find it hard to do a 2:8:4 ratio (breathe in:Holding breath:breathe out) which is what I am working on right now. My goal for next week is 3:12:6 (The starting ratio is 1:4:2 for reference). I have yet to test out my untrained mind and compare it to possibly an accomplished and adept mind.