PDA

View Full Version : When I close my eyes Im seeing a series of rectangles

Ayan01
12th April 2014, 02:10 AM
Hi,

When I meditate I am seeing a series of rectangles, is that normal?

usually one within the other, the rectangles look like they are made of beams of light, one inside the other, they usually fade after I try to zoom in...

I was thinking it could be a cauldron of rectangular shape perhaps...well im not sure?

CFTraveler
12th April 2014, 08:09 PM
I see circular rings. Someone once speculated they could be brainwaves themselves. But I have also seen angular shapes too. I have no idea what meaning, if any, they might have.

ButterflyWoman
12th April 2014, 08:20 PM
I see circles, and sometimes I see very rapidly changing shapes, triangles, but more like an animated scribble (hard to describe). I don't know what it means, but seeing shapes and so on when you close your eyes seems to be an extremely common and totally normal, even mundane, phenomenon.

CFTraveler
12th April 2014, 09:13 PM
I agree. The reason others don't notice it is that they don't pay attention to it since they're trying to go to sleep. We're watching and waiting, and can see and hear all of it.

-asalantu-
13th April 2014, 01:46 PM
Some thougths/questions:

1 - ¿Patterns are similar to those that appears when a finger driven pressure is exerted on eyes?

2 - As tinnitus appears when deprived of ear input, ¿same automatic behaviour couldnot be expected at time of visual sensory input deprivation?

My best regards,
Ángel

RayBay Moon
13th April 2014, 03:34 PM
The Seth/Jane Roberts books would tell you that these shapes are a signal that you are going into what he call psychological time. Which is considered a jump off point for reaching other areas of consciousness. He would say you are seeing just a bit of the universes internal structure. When they go into floating shapes and color masses you are starting to relax back into your meditation. I think they are kind of a mental discharge. Watch them a bit. When A sound comes in from your external environment it will show up as brighter colors, different shapes, and faster more concentrated motion.

Sometimes you can use the energy of an external sound to push you into a slightly different stat of consciousness. They are however, not something you need to concentrate on if you are wanting to get somewhere else in your meditation.

Aunt Clair
15th April 2014, 11:21 PM
Some things to considers a series of rectangles seen in meditation could be ;

*doors open to realms into which you can project consciousness

*metaphorical choices before you to make

*clairvoyance of a particular realm that has appeared around you is limited and percieved as silvery golden lines. Drawing up more energy from the heart to the third eye or from the crown to the third eye should improve sight.

* visual disturbance requiring a medical checkup(unlikely since the shapes are angular and geometric)

* sacred geometry which appears in stages during meditation
Google Metatron's cube, Flower of Life, Sacred Geometry

CFTraveler
16th April 2014, 02:13 PM
Some thougths/questions:

1 - ¿Patterns are similar to those that appears when a finger driven pressure is exerted on eyes? Not for me- usually I have to be in a medium trance to see the patterns, and they move concentrically, as if I were moving through them (imagine a tunnel made of concentric circles, and you're advancing slowly through it.) Something like that.

2 - As tinnitus appears when deprived of ear input, ¿same automatic behaviour couldnot be expected at time of visual sensory input deprivation?

My best regards,
Ángel Perhaps, like a form of hypnagogia, but instead of landscapes or objects (or people), geometric shapes.

IA56
17th April 2014, 04:22 AM
I have started to see these SHAPEs with Eyes also open, but more new patterns when I Close my Eyes, and I also have very loud sound comming and going...and it is making me deaf to the physical hearing. I know I was total both deaf and blind during the big beating period...and it is comming back, and after last night Dream I did have energy fatigue whole day, I felt that I had bean to total new realms and it was the result after that my symptoms did get clearer so to speak.
I feel I am opening up more to total new areas and therefore new symptoms occures.

Love
ia

susan
17th April 2014, 08:51 AM
CFT, your description of the circles reminds me of a picture I got once when coming out of sleep but I had no recall of dream .
I was sitting with a small group of people and someone was standing in front of all of us and we were looking up to the sky.
The sky was filled with stars but between the stars were circles made up if stars spiralling up into the sky even higher than the stars.
The best way I can describe is like the coil spring you can find in a pen , ( biros) made of stars heading higher than stars. Some of them angled a bit rather than straight up.
I wondered at the time if these were entry points for different planes.

Reav3R
9th June 2014, 07:41 AM
When I close my eyes I see colored balls (borderless filled circles), if I pay enough attention they become like a 3D sphere but I'm not sure what they are but I know most people see those.

CFTraveler
9th June 2014, 04:25 PM
Some people call them hypnagogics- I don't, because I get them before the hypnagogic state sets in. Some others call them retinal discharge, and I tend to agree, except that after a while and before the hypnagogic state (but after the initial closing of the eyes) I can manipulate them, change the colors, and the shape- but that is probably close to the hypnagogic state.