PDA

View Full Version : Fasting Advice - water is key

Robert Bruce
22nd April 2014, 03:08 AM
Some advice on fasting....

I am on day 22 of a water fast, and aiming for 35 - 40 days.

I did a 28 day water fast also in November 2013

The key to water fasting is...water.

Double or quadruple the amount of water you drink and you will find your fasting very easy.

I take two pints of water first thing in the morning. i drink one pint, wait five or ten minutes, and then drink the rest.

I am currently drinking 12 - 15 pints per day.

As i do this, i feel very well indeed. For example, I'll wake up in the morning a bit dehydrated and will feel bad and weak. i drink my water and immediately begin to feel better. a short time later and I feel fine....no weakness and no bad feelings from my body. i am a bit weak and would not like to go jogging, but i feel fine.

I did some research and consulted some experts and this information is key.

When the body burns fat it needs a lot of water to do this, to break apart the bonds of the fat molecules.

If your water gets low, you will start to feel weak and cold (if the weather is cool) and your stomach will feel uncomfortable.

It helps to wear extra clothing, and to make sure you never get chilled. If you get chilled and lose body heat, it takes a long time for your body to warm up again.

So, stay warm, drink 'lots' of pure water, and you'll be fine. The rest is all mental...keeping your mind off eating.

Your eyesight will at times weaken during a fast. This can be helped greatly by drinking more water.

Mind you, a common phenomenon for people fasting is that they become very interested in food and watch the cooking channel and recipe videos etc. i find myself doing this, hunting for new recipes. i do all the cooking in my home, and continue this during my fasts. i also sit down with my family when they eat and enjoy watching them eat.

I do taste food for spice and salt content as i am cooking, but carefully spit it out and rinse out my mouth. i don't want 'anything' but water in my system.

i no longer use vitamins and minerals while fasting as i have found that this is not necessary. everything you need is stored in your body fat and this is easier on the body and frees up more of the body's immune and self repair systems.

robert

GMAN12
24th April 2014, 07:50 AM
How much lbs (fat as well as water weight) do you expect to lose in a Robert Bruce willpower fast? (20-40 days)(It's my name for the greatest cleansing fast).

I see a lot of people doing this new thing called the Purium 10 day Transformation which they cannot exercise or eat any food; They basically take the shakes every day for 10 days. Wouldn't this be solely water weight lost and would be regained fast? I don't think they'd lost body fat; they would get a basic cleansing for 250 dollars when you could drink pure water for a fraction of that amount.

CFTraveler
24th April 2014, 12:38 PM
I have something to say: You should fast to cleanse and detox; a fast should never be done to lose weight. It just invites trouble. If you want to lose weight eat lots of fruits and vegs, drink lots of water, and clean food- no processed food. All fads are bad.
I'm just sayin'.:?

GMAN12
24th April 2014, 08:42 PM
Exactly CF. I don't go for the fat; It's mostly because the fast helps me to prepare for when I say a bija mantra which in this case is the Solar Plexus Chakra's (Ram). It really takes my mind off of the burden of eating as well as makes me get into trance faster.

CFTraveler
24th April 2014, 09:13 PM
:thumbsup:

Rimbecano
25th April 2014, 09:11 PM
Hi Robert, thanks for these tips! I found out about fasting through your youtube video series, and did my first fast (4 days, only water) in December. I felt absolutely great about it and plan to do my second one next week.

I was wondering, when you say that you no longer recommend taking vitamins and supplements during fasts, does this include vitamin C? I would think C (the high quality kind, pure ascorbic acid powder) would always be good for the body. What about calcium? One person told me to be careful not about the risk of calcium being harvested ("leeched") from the bones during an extended time without proper nutrition. Do you think this is a valid cause for concern?

2: You say you don't want "anything" but water in your system... Do you still recommend taking phylum husk and organic vinegar during the fast as you recommended in the youtube video? I didn't do this on my first fast but was planning to try it this time, unless you have decided against it.

3. I am wondering how to tell, how far is too far when it comes to fasting. I don't have much body fat because I do a lot of exercise including competing in cross-fit events. I probably do have a lot of impurities and toxins in my body because I have always had a high metabolism and eaten as much as I want of whatever I want with no attention to ingredients (but combined with a lot of exercise; I've never gotten fat). On one hand, I see fasting as you promote as being very valuable for me as a way to get a "clean slate" so to speak in this regard and avoid future risks of cancer and other diseases. On the other hand, I don't want to destroy all the healthy muscle development and strength and fitness that I've put a lot of work into, by going to far with the fasting.

Thanks!

atsguy
25th April 2014, 10:09 PM
I read somewhere that distillers water is best since it has absolutely no minerals or anything in it. Also distillers water is very cheap, u can get it at the store an entire gallon for 25 cents.

CFTraveler
25th April 2014, 11:11 PM
If you're eating a normal diet then distilled water is good. If that's all you're drinking, and for prolonged periods of time, you might risk leaching minerals off your bones, and risk electrolyte imbalance from lack of salts. This is not accepted everywhere but I thought I'd give the warning anyway.

Rimbecano
6th May 2014, 06:32 PM
Hi again Robert, are you still on this fast? I'm rooting for you! (I remember you said in the youtube video on fasting not to tell people about your fast that might not want you to succeed as this will send negative energy... well, here it's the opposite. I'm rooting for you!) I would be curious to know how many days you ended up doing and what the results are... also hope you're OK.

Cheers

Robert Bruce
7th May 2014, 01:00 AM
G'day All...

(The following is a bit disjointed, but please bear with me)

I ended up doing another 28 day water fast this time. My body told me it was time to end it after 28 days on water only.

During the first 28 day water fast I did late last year, I went through a 'cold' patch where I felt very cold for about three days. This time, I did not hit the cold spot until day 25. This was not too bad as the weather was reasonable.

I think this cold patch happens when you hit old hard fat that your body has carried around for many years. Drinking extra water helps.

Normal light 'jiggly' type fat seems to burn very easily and provides reasonable levels of energy. But when you hit deeper hard type fat, which is compressed, this seems to hold a lot more toxins than other types of fat. Your body is not very enthusiastic about burning this type of fat, so shuts down a lot of body processes (including heating) and burns this as slow as possible. This seems to cause the coldness.

These cold patches are best handled by making sure you keep yourself warm. The problems arise if you allow yourself to get chilled at these times, and the body has problems warming itself. So when this happens, its time to break out the hot water bottles and sweats, hot showers, warm cat, etc.

During my previous fast, the cold patch hit along with some cold weather about day 14 and lasted till about day 19. Then I learned that wearing warmer clothes day and night, and drinking extra water, helped. During this time I also hit one day where I had an explosion of nicotine tobacco taste and smell for one day. My mouth tasted suddenly like an ashtray. I used to smoke a pipe, but gave up smoking a few years ago. I am guessing that I hit a layer of fat that contained these toxins. It only lasted for one day...thank goodness.

I finished this fast just over a week ago and in total lost about 10 kilos of weight. Anyone can do similar so long as they are not underweight to start with. I have a solid build, so handle this easily. But a lighter person could do the same on less fat fuel.

I use enemas and the husks for internal cleansing and this is a great help. The husks alone are not sufficient for internal cleansing and there is no way around the enemas. Cleaning out the digestive system means you will have fewer problems and will maximize the body's self repair mechanisms. If you don't do this, your body will only do half the repairs it could have done, or less, as it will be busy handling the toxins from decomposing waste.

The extra water I took this time was a huge help. Water awareness! I was probably taking 20 pints a day at one state, but this made me feel great with reasonable energy levels. It made the fast much easier in general. And this did not make me urinate too frequently. The body seemed to burn the water up. According to some scientists I consulted with, the body needs a lot of water to break down and burn fat efficiently, particularly the denser types of fats.

Taking minerals and supplements and apple cider vinegar, etc, are helpful with short term fasts, up to 5 days. But for longer fasts I recommend nothing be taken but water, and the husks once a day. Everything the body needs is stored in fat, including all vitamins and minerals and salts. Pure water, distilled or RO, is all that is needed. Anything else that is taken will cause some type of issue and increase difficulty.

During this fast, I was taken out to some wonderful restaurants at least twice a week. And on other days I cooked and prepared food as usual. This caused me no issues at all, but I found myself collecting new recipes...lol...and watching cooking shows for same.

There seem to be a lot of myths concerning fasting and you really have to do it yourself to discover the truth about fasting. Fasting is a very natural and healthy thing, the mechanisms for which have developed over hundreds of millions of years of evolution, where every year during winter there is little to no food available during Winter. So at these times the body rests and repairs itself ready for Spring and Summer.

The idea behind water fasting is to get down to skin and bone, and then to put on health fat from healthy food and drink. If you are a woman, you will lose your boobs during the fast, but they'll come back pretty quickly afterwards. This replacement of old fat with healthy fat makes your whole system healthier, and can be said to raise your 'vibrations' and increase energy body and Chakra activity.

You will know when to quit. When you are fasting you are burning fat and damaged and diseased tissues. Your body scavenges for anything containing calories that it can burn, to slow down the burning of its 'precious' fat reserves. It will scavenge tumors and plaque buildup in arteries and veins, and reset the cells of your body back to default. This totally removes insulin sensitivity, so if you were diabetic or had heart disease or fatty liver, you will no longer have these issues after one or two month long fasts. I don't have cancer, but did have a few small tumors here and there and these were consumed during my two water fasts. As far as I can tell, my body has also started repairing some damaged spinal disks, and nerve damage here and there.

Let me get this straight here.... Fasting is 'not' starvation. Starvation happens when your body runs out of fat to burn. Starvation is burning muscle, and you don't want this to happen. When you run out of fat to burn, your body will tell you immediately by giving you starvation symptoms. Starvation begins with a massive urge to eat that comes from your THROAT and not your belly. This urge will make you eat grass and bark and shoe leather and snails....anything remotely edible. It is a powerful urge and impossible to mistake for anything else. So if you get the big throat urge and are skin and bone, its time to eat.

And do not let your ego fool you into thinking you are 'starving' when you still have plenty of fat to burn. Your body may reduce fat burning, which will make you feel cold and weak, but this is because your body is having problems processing toxins and it is not starvation. Drink lots of extra water and dress warmly and you'll get through that layer of fat.

If you are not well experienced with fasting, it is wise to do it under medical supervision. Go visit your doctor once or twice a week and get your blood tested. Tell your doctor what you are doing. Your doctor may not agree, but will make sure nothing bad happens. There are also fasting clinics you can book yourself into, eg, True North Fasting Clinic.

Fasting is a lousy way to lose weight. Weight loss is easier done with food. But, fasting is also very effective and many people find it easier to fast than to diet.

Fasting is also a great way to get to know yourself, especially your ego. So this can help to identify ego based dietary issues and deal with them...deal with them by recognizing them and being mindful of them. Just observing them will start to melt them away.

Trauma memories and bad feelings that are at the root of many psychological issues are often buried in the fat of the body. The body wraps toxins in fat and stores them as a way of avoiding dealing with them. It does the same thing with traumas and bad experiences and pains. So you will find such things surfacing during a fast. And then these can be processed and dissolved. If you find this happening to you and your personality reveals some not nice parts of you, like anger and depression, this is a good time to seek the help of a loving psychologist or counselor to help you handle it.

In my case, my ego revealed itself during my first 28 day water fast. This was an enormously helpful spiritual exercise, as it allowed me to come to grips with it. My ego separated into something like a separate possessing entity. It was very powerful and complex, but also gullible. I found I could wear it down by lying to it. For example, when a food urge appeared and grew strong, I would give in and lie to it, telling it 'yes, this fasting is silly. I'll go and eat in a minute. I'll just finish this paragraph.' Then the pressure would go away for a couple of hours. I would not eat, but would just continue working. When the urge to eat came back, I'd do the same and just lie to it. This is a great workaround as no matter how many times I told the same story, it would believe me and go away. In time, the gaps got longer and the urges to break my fast were fewer.

This next part is difficult to explain, so please bear with me. Eventually, we (my body ego and I) had a series of confrontations and battles, where it went all out to force me to break what I was doing. I faced it squarely and told it that if it did not back off and learn to behave and obey me, I would fast my body to death. It knew I was capable of doing this, and so backed off completely. After this, when it tried to intrude into other areas of my life, and other thought patterns, I used the same threat and it backs away. This allowed me to come to grips with all aspects of my personality, and this has allowed me to retrain many aspects of my self that have remained elusive. So this is a great way of getting at some of the nitty gritty aspects of self that you may think are just a part of you. They are a part of you, as the ego body mind is a part of you, and an essential part of you at that. But all this can be retrained and you can totally remodel your personality aspects.

Eyesight will get weak during a fast, and I found I needed to wear stronger reading glasses during both these fasts. But a week or so after ending these, my eyesight became stronger than it was before. My hearing and sense of smell also improved.

Ending the fast 'Refeeding'. This is important. If you end your fast in the wrong way and just chow down, you'll end up in the emergency room with a blockage. Your body does not have enough stomach acids and etc to digest normal food. Start with vege juice and light foods like green salads and slowly build on this over two weeks. I recommend no grains for a week, no bread or pasta, and no red meats.

I started back on green vege juice and a small head of lettuce, and a few ounces of brie cheese, and a green smoothie. Several hours later, I had some curried eggplant and spinach and some green salad. You want green or 'sloppy' foods for the first few days. Avoid hard root vegs unless they are thoroughly blended.

After a day or two, sushi is good, but avoid all rice and batter type dishes and keep it light.

As a general rule, refeeding should last 50% of the fast. So after 4 weeks I need two weeks for my digestion to return to normal. You will feel this happening. If in doubt, eat a 'little' of something and see how you feel. If it feels lumpy in your system, or if it gives you heartburn, avoid 'it' for a few more days, whatever it is. Introduce salad oils slowly, and increase only when it does not cause heartburn. Start with a teaspoon of good olive oil and see how it sits.

Common sense rules here. Everyone has different digestive systems. My system is legendarily robust. Some people are delicate. So pace yourself and experiment.

No red meat for at least a week. Stick to seafood and a little chicken and lots of veg. And don't take too much fruit or fruit juice, or it will cause heartburn...which you don't want. And when you do try something heavier, take it slow and chew well and do frequent gut checks to see how it makes you feel.

Listen to your body and it will give you the best advice. And if your body tells you it wants pizza, it is misleading you badly. No pizza for several days at least. I tried a pizza five days in and had to feed it to my pets after one piece, which gave me heartburn. This took half a gallon of water to fix.

Water is amazing. If you make any mistakes in refeeding, drink lots of water.

Everything you eat for the first four days will pass straight through you with barely any digestion taking place. This is good as it helps avoid blockages.

If you eat the wrong thing, like bread or pasta or rice, and this starts to feel uncomfortable, drink 'lots' of water and you'll avoid any blockages forming.

Your body will continue to burn fat for a few days after you break the fast. So, the keytone break will continue for a few days. This type of breath contains acetone type smell...and urine will also smell of this. If you have eaten a lot of meats in the past, you'll find the smells of these fats will also be produced during fat burning.

The only other thing here is that none of my clothes fit me, so I had to throw just about everything out and got a new wardrobe, as I had dropped two sizes and 6 inches off my waist. I'll put some of this weight back on of course. After the first 28 day fast, I deliberately put on extra weight to get ready for this 28 day fast. But my diet has changed a fair bit so this will be minimal, as I am attracted to different foods, more vege and juice, and more raw foods, and less grains and etc.

Given the confusion I find in books on fasting, I will probably write an eBook on this in the near future, on various types of fasting.

That's about it for now.

My next fast will likely be an extended juice fast for 45 days, probably in August.

peace, robert

IA56
7th May 2014, 05:33 AM
Hi Robert Bruce,
Do you know if it is dangerous to fast when eating med´s as I do...I have had removed the thyrodea gland and has to take that hormone in tab....and also high blood preasure....I have also tumors in liver and it is why I´d like to fast to get them away....I do not dare to ask my doctor for advice or permission, I´d like to hear what you say...and if I feel it is okay, I will do a fast maybe not as many day´s as you but try how I feel in my body, and if it feel´s right then I can do a longer fast....I have also slipped disc´s and injuries down to the nervroot and it would be wonderful if these injuries would heal...and something in my oesofagus they do not know yet what it is...I eat antihistamine and they changed also blood preassure med´s to see if the couff will get better.

Love
ia

Robert Bruce
7th May 2014, 05:54 AM
To be clear....

you 'cannot' fast on water alone if you are taking any meds that you cannot stop.

This would be very dangerous and you might get very sick or even die.

Juice fasting is a worable alternative in this case (taking nothing but juice and water - mainly vegetables and not too much fruit juice).

robert

IA56
7th May 2014, 06:24 AM
Okay I hear you :-)

Thank you telling about this....."My ego separated into something like a separate possessing entity. It was very powerful and complex, but also gullible. I found I could wear it down by lying to it".
I have noticed this every time I will do some Changes in my Life, it is very strong force to keep you in your old patterns...so thank you for saying this out loud, I am sure many battles will be less intimitating when knowing how our own mind tries to seduse us to keep us in old patterns.

Love
ia

Rimbecano
8th May 2014, 05:26 AM
Hi again Robert, thanks for all the additional explanations and feedback. If you write this ebook, I'll definitely read it. After reading your last post where you responded to my and other people's questions, I am planning on starting my next fast on Sunday and shooting for 5 days. Congratulations on your 2 long fasts. You are awesome.

This next paragraph is just food for thought. Not trying to argue against anyone's opinions, just thinking out loud... Out of everything you say, the only thing I have a little trouble understanding is how our fasting mechanisms could have evolved over millions of years in response to our ancestors not having food during winter months: 1) Since the beginning of recorded/archaeological human history, we see peoples all over the world storing foodstuffs for non-growing seasons and also keeping animals (or hunting/fishing/trapping effectively) that could be eaten during non-productive months. This was achievable, and was done, throughout the world even before there was any modern technology or civilization. So, why would humans have gone without this know-how for millions of years, if their bronze age descendants 6,000+ years ago could figure these things out? 2) From what you say about fasting vs. starvation and how to know when to end the fast, it sounds like the doable, healthy limit is somewhere around the 30-40 day range. But it seems to me that necessity-based fasting of true hunter-gatherers in harsh climates who really didn't have any food sources during the winter months, by definition would last several (up to 7) months. Could people survive this? 3) If the evolution of the fasting mechanisms was necessary for survival during winter periods with no food sources, how did the intermediate generations survive while these mechanisms were still evolving? And on the other hand, if these mechanisms evolved and got better over time, why the sudden need, after millions of years, to innovate ways of storing food or obtaining it during winter as we see in even the earliest recorded human history? Again, these doubts are just food for thought. It would be really interesting to consult the akashic records on this.

Robert Bruce
8th May 2014, 09:22 AM
I think these mechanisms evolved over hundreds of millions or years, or longer.

Humans are very clever, and we do of course store what we can. But things happen, like extra long winters, droughts, taxes and theft, and rodents, and food spoiling. So I think long ago life was pretty dicey. Most animals have some way of surviving without food for some time.

I have heard of some people going for over a year without eating. Mind you, these people were very large, and under medical supervision. Fat is the perfect fuel for the body...which is why the body stores and values fat.

In a long famine, those people with the best metabolisms and extra fat tend to live, and others would die. This is natural selection.

And the severity of food shortages seasonal would depend on the local climate. But way back in time, before humankind first climbed down out of the trees and turned on the TV, these mechanisms must have developed in us, because they exist.

peace, robert

Hi again Robert, thanks for all the additional explanations and feedback. If you write this ebook, I'll definitely read it. After reading your last post where you responded to my and other people's questions, I am planning on starting my next fast on Sunday and shooting for 5 days. Congratulations on your 2 long fasts. You are awesome.

This next paragraph is just food for thought. Not trying to argue against anyone's opinions, just thinking out loud... Out of everything you say, the only thing I have a little trouble understanding is how our fasting mechanisms could have evolved over millions of years in response to our ancestors not having food during winter months: 1) Since the beginning of recorded/archaeological human history, we see peoples all over the world storing foodstuffs for non-growing seasons and also keeping animals (or hunting/fishing/trapping effectively) that could be eaten during non-productive months. This was achievable, and was done, throughout the world even before there was any modern technology or civilization. So, why would humans have gone without this know-how for millions of years, if their bronze age descendants 6,000+ years ago could figure these things out? 2) From what you say about fasting vs. starvation and how to know when to end the fast, it sounds like the doable, healthy limit is somewhere around the 30-40 day range. But it seems to me that necessity-based fasting of true hunter-gatherers in harsh climates who really didn't have any food sources during the winter months, by definition would last several (up to 7) months. Could people survive this? 3) If the evolution of the fasting mechanisms was necessary for survival during winter periods with no food sources, how did the intermediate generations survive while these mechanisms were still evolving? And on the other hand, if these mechanisms evolved and got better over time, why the sudden need, after millions of years, to innovate ways of storing food or obtaining it during winter as we see in even the earliest recorded human history? Again, these doubts are just food for thought. It would be really interesting to consult the akashic records on this.

Rimbecano
9th May 2014, 04:27 PM
Good points, all.

Peace!

-asalantu-
5th January 2015, 04:13 AM
Interesting article about burning deep fats:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/african-herb-stimulates-loss-brown-fat-tissue

My best regards...
Ángel

Robert Bruce
8th January 2015, 05:00 PM
We must look at evolution outside just the human race, for the development of mechanisms for fasting. Humans evolved from many species, and regardless of how modern humans have farmed and stored food for winter over many thousands of years, we were once animals living off the land and during Winter there were periods of time where there was little to no food.

This is a very clever mechanism, if you look at it. During long fasting, the body repairs itself and gets ready for Springtime activities.

My opinions here are based on logic and personal experience, which may differ somewhat from the official biological narrative.

robert

Jonathan2525
12th January 2015, 02:40 PM
Hello Robert,

Thanks for all the info on fasting. What is the timing of the enemas during the fast and what solution do you use? - salt water? What is the volume of the solution? - 2 or 4 liters?

Would taking electrolyte water ( filtered water with calcium, sodium, potassium etc..) be a problem. I read on the above comments you advise against taking vitamins? Why? I thought B and C vitamins were not fat soluble so they were not stored in body fat. The body also need some B vitamins to extract energy from fat.

Robert Bruce
12th January 2015, 03:44 PM
How often you have an enema, and what quantity you use, is entirely up to you.

I use plain filtered (Reverse Osmosis) water at room temp.

Daily, while fasting, is best. This way, the body does not need to deal with decomposing waste and can focus all its energy on self healing and self repair.

Giving yourself an enema is something one needs to learn. You'll find videos and guides on the internet.

One issue is getting a large enough water bag for a 4 litre (two quart) enema. This solves the problem of how to refill the water bag so you can get the amount desired. Most enema bags I've seen only hold 1 liter or less.

It is easy, however, to make one yourself that will hold the necessary amount. Of hunt online for one.

Use 2 to 4 liters, depending on body size and experience.

When you first start, the bowels will have many folds. These will come out as the bowels are pushed back to their proper shape and size.

This is why you need a tap on the hose you are using, so you can turn the flow of water on and off. When things get 'tight' turn off water and wait and relax. This gives the bowels time to adjust. Then, when you feel okay, turn water back on. Repeat till you cannot hold any more, which for the average adult is 4 liters (4 quarts).

Search on youtube for video instructions from people experienced with this.

It is not a good idea to take any pills at all. The stomach needs to be active in order to digest a pill. During a water fast, it shuts down. So taking anything like a pill or capsule can cause problems. And your body does not need anything but water.

Electrolyte water can be taken 'as needed' but only if your electrolyte is out of balance. If this happens, you will start to feel ill, dizzy, nausea, etc. When this happens to me, I drink one or two 'pints' of water and soon feel well again. But some people will take electrolyte water, or something like lemon water, or coconut water. But this is not something you would take every day, only in emergencies.

Water is key for successful easy fasting. Drink a 'lot' of water. And if you feel unwell, drink more and you'll soon feel fine.

Taking a regular enema also helps you feel better during a fast, as this reduces toxins your body has to deal with.

Peace, robert

-asalantu-
13th January 2015, 01:21 PM
¿How many liters are contained in a PINT? ¿0.250? ¿0.5?
General medical consensus advices to drink 2 (two) liters of water per day.

My best regards,
Ángel

Robert Bruce
13th January 2015, 05:32 PM
one pint is about half a liter. Two pints = one quart, which is about one liter.

How much you drink depends on what you are doing. If you are fasting on water only, you'll need a lot more than two liters, especially if the climate is warm.

While you are fasting, if you start to feel weak and ill, drink a pint of water...wait five minutes and drink another. You will start to feel much better in a short time. Repeat as necessary.

I drink approximately 5 or 6 liters a day while I am fasting...sometimes more if the weather is hot.

robert

WhiteMonkey
7th March 2015, 06:00 AM
This is a very interesting post. Thank you so much for it Robert. Im also planning to make a fasting for myself.

I read in a book about Yoga that people should make two long fasts very year at the change of the periods of the year and many short fast during each month. They suggest to fast one day a week and every 11 day after new/full moon.

For the long fasts the say fast longer than 3 days, only water is allowed, and continue the fast until you feel a strong urge to eat again.

Do you think a weekly one-day-fast would increase our health and spirituality?

Im thinking with starting just a 1 day fast and then another one with 3 days and then start to make longer ones :)

Thanks for your answer :)
All the best

PS did you get a change to write that book of yours about fasting? OR do your recommend a good one?

Leon
11th March 2015, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCQCr2Z1mvw&index=13&list=PLIyY_H7IxiGtQRN MrcBVZx1tZq_fp8Ffk

WhiteMonkey
11th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the youtube-lini i will watch it tomorrow in the morning ��

-asalantu-
21st August 2015, 04:07 PM
I aknowledges risk (and need of to avoid it) of to starvate (muscle mass burning) but ¿how do you gets the state skin and bones? The logical for mine, is: skin, muscle and bones (fats all burned).

Furthermore, long term fasts (28 day, by example) is not healthy for many (specially for me, with 1.80m height and 69kg weight) if I want to avoid starvation.

I think a rule for avoid starvation is to fast until abs muscles seems a "wash table" (and the other muscle-sets gets definition).

Please, feedback with your opinions.

My best regards,
Ángel

-asalantu-
21st August 2015, 04:36 PM
After fast enough long minerals and vitamins reserva levels goes depleted.

Further succesive fasts, will become short (in time lenght) without previous rise of such reservas.

At that case vitamins and minerals supplements are advisable. ENSURE (TM by Abbott) ¿is a reliable dietary supplement, taking into account metaphysical purposes of fasting? ¿or raw food is best?

ENSURE is cheaper if we take into account a big percent of fruit mass is water. Could be better to purchase dry fruits, but that is far from "raw" specification. ¿Or "raw" accounts only for non-cooked condition?

My best regards,
Ángel

-asalantu-
21st August 2015, 04:47 PM
¡Hi, WhiteMonkey..!

About your inquiry to Robert Bruce, I remember he recommended following book available online:

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020102moser/020102Moser00toc.html

This is a very interesting post. Thank you so much for it Robert. Im also planning to make a fasting for myself.
PS did you get a change to write that book of yours about fasting? OR do your recommend a good one?

My best regards,
Ángel

-asalantu-
21st August 2015, 05:08 PM
Specially for arterial/venous plaque (atheroma) removal, ¿at what fasting stage removal process starts? ¿Immediatly previous to muscle burning? ¿Or at the same time of coarse body fat volumes?

At my case, hopefully (done carotid artery Doppler scan) I'm far of diseases derived by arterial occlusion (in emergency situations only treated by stent installation) but atheroma is unnoticed spread along the whole internal surface of circulatory system, compromising reliable/efficient nutrient supply from (and toxin transfer to) blood.

My best regards,
Ángel

Robert Bruce
25th August 2015, 05:49 AM
if you are light on body mass, limit fasting on water only to a few days. For something longer, use 'juice feasting' where you take only raw juice and water.

If you have plaque issues or heart disease, take Vitamin K2/D3 and see https://youtu.be/fYMExQNosTQ

robert

-asalantu-
27th August 2015, 05:31 AM
Dear Sir...

Thank you very much about your advice.

As quoted above, a Doppler scanning showed main blood vessels reasonably clean and healthy (specially taking into account I'm 50 years old). Regularly I include with my feeding habits high doses of chelants like garlic and cilantro; the both raw and processed with a micronizer.

Sincerely
Ángel

if you are light on body mass, limit fasting on water only to a few days. For something longer, use 'juice feasting' where you take only raw juice and water.

If you have plaque issues or heart disease, take Vitamin K2/D3 and see https://youtu.be/fYMExQNosTQ

robert

-asalantu-
18th November 2015, 12:02 AM
Dear Sir...

¿Do you backups concepts at following video?
¿Reliability/suitability of fast depends on individual metabolism?
¿Metabolism can be educated in order to achieve more and more longer fasts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2WxgvKfIYw

My best regards,
Ángel

Robert Bruce
18th November 2015, 03:02 AM
My research shows that the heavy duty body repair begins on day 21 of a fast.

However, for healing arterial occlusion, a better approach is to take vitamin K2/D3 which helps your body to heal this condition.

See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2-qqQCD4xM

And search for other's by same person.

robert

-asalantu-
23rd November 2015, 06:31 AM
Dear Sir...

My research shows that the heavy duty body repair begins on day 21 of a fast.

¿Are you speaking about research done by you about your own metabolism? ¿Or is an standard time interval as it seems to be the three day fasting time interval about which some members speaks about along astraldynamics forums?

However, for healing arterial occlusion, a better approach is to take vitamin K2/D3 which helps your body to heal this condition.

See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2-qqQCD4xM

And search for other's by same person.

Done my poor english quality expresion (my first language is spanish), may be that when I told you...

Specially for arterial/venous plaque (atheroma) removal, ¿at what fasting stage removal process starts? ¿Immediatly previous to muscle burning? ¿Or at the same time of coarse body fat volumes?

At my case, hopefully (done carotid artery Doppler scan) I'm far of diseases derived by arterial occlusion (in emergency situations only treated by stent installation) but atheroma is unnoticed spread along the whole internal surface of circulatory system, compromising reliable/efficient nutrient supply from (and toxin transfer to) blood.

... you interpret that arterial occlusion was my case, and stent instalation was the solution when as a matter of fact it was not. No time was my feeding discipline as bad as that which led me to such extremely bad blood vessel condition.

Anyway, in general, your advice (K2/D3 related) is valid and I'll take it into account.

So, thank you very much about your advice.

Sincerely,
Ángel

Robert Bruce
23rd November 2015, 10:16 AM
This is from research, and also through my own fasting, which includes occasional 30 day fasts on water only.

I can't find the actual video, but I got the information from a senior doctor at the True North fasting center, USA.

This is the website of the fasting center http://www.healthpromoting.com/

This has good information.

robert

-asalantu-
23rd November 2015, 11:26 AM
Very interesting...
Thank you very much...
Sincerely,
Ángel

Reptaked
14th October 2016, 11:52 AM
This is from research, and also through my own fasting, which includes occasional 30 day fasts on water only.

I can't find the actual video, but I got the information from a senior doctor at the True North fasting center, USA.

This is the website of the fasting center http://www.healthpromoting.com/

This has good information.

robert

I could not understand that how one can survive 30 days on just water?

susan
17th October 2016, 08:23 AM
Hi Reptaked,

Wonderful news this morning of the release of some of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria.
From what this girl says we can only assume they had fluids to drink and certainly no vitamin supplements

Of the 276 students kidnapped in April 2014, 197 are still missing.
One of the girls freed said .......
"We had no food for one month and 10 days but we did not die. We thank God," she added, speaking in the local Hausa language.

Not proof but an example.

CFTraveler
17th October 2016, 01:15 PM
I could not understand that how one can survive 30 days on just water? Usually fasts like this start out by reducing intake first, perhaps juices, until they get to just water. I'm not saying that's how Robert does it, but it is how he teaches it. Not 'cold turkey'.

befree22
21st October 2017, 04:29 AM
I fasted four times a month for over 8 years. The fast was a dry fast, ie no food or water for 36 hours, and I did it 3 days before the full and new moon and on the full and new moon. It was fun and I long to get back to this regimen. I also plan to do water fast or juice fast.

Robert Bruce
21st October 2017, 09:52 AM
I would not recommend a total fast with no water.

Water is needed for the body to break down fat molecules for energy...and you need a lot of water. This makes fasting far less uncomfortable.

This is also extremely dangerous. In very hot weather, with no water, one could be dead in a few hours. This happens every year here in Australia, where a few people get lost in very hot weather.

And fasting in cold weather is no fun, as you really feel the cold.

I have heard of people dying attempting to do this...trying to live on nothing but light and air...breatharians, etc.

robert

I fasted four times a month for over 8 years. The fast was a dry fast, ie no food or water for 36 hours, and I did it 3 days before the full and new moon and on the full and new moon. It was fun and I long to get back to this regimen. I also plan to do water fast or juice fast.

mercedes
18th June 2018, 01:21 AM
Following is quote from next link:
https://articulos.mercola.com/sitios/articulos/archivo/2017/09/18/ayuno-de-varios-dias.aspx

Yes, it's in spanish, and if anyone of you is not proficient in such language, I advice use of translators like:

http://www.translate.google.com
https://www.deepl.com/translator

My best regards,
Mercedes

tomh5157
10th September 2020, 07:38 PM
Water is needed for the body to break down fat molecules for energy...and you need a lot of water. This makes fasting far less uncomfortable.
This is also extremely dangerous. In very hot weather, with no water, one could be dead in a few hours. This happens every year here in Australia, where a few people get lost in very hot weather.
And fasting in cold weather is no fun, as you really feel the cold.

fghom001
24th February 2023, 01:19 PM
extremally morbid obese person can maybe fast very long time. its not really recommended more than 3-4days a wet fast.