PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening Quiz

ButterflyWoman
28th April 2014, 08:05 AM
http://www.in5d.com/spiritual-awakening-quiz.html

I had almost all of those, and more than half of them at once (yeah, was a pretty unstable period of my life story, to say the least). These do eventually settle down, but because the signs and symptoms are so strange and often disruptive, it can turn spiritual emergence into a spiritual emergency, so always be careful and, especially, don't panic.

See: http://www.psychologytomorrowmagazine.com/enlightenments-evil-twin/

This, by the way, is why there is a thread here about enlightenment which has "not for sissies" in the title. It's like childbirth: normal, natural, progresses at its own pace, but it can be painful and extremely messy. ;)

SoulSail
28th April 2014, 01:41 PM
Thoughts now feel like cool air gently shuttling through soft passages in the head--my only symptom. I used to hate thinking. Now, I think for the fun of it. What a wonderful playground when the earth drops out from below.

Just this...

ButterflyWoman
28th April 2014, 01:46 PM
Thoughts now feel like cool air gently shuttling through soft passages in the head--my only symptom. I used to hate thinking. Now, I think for the fun of it. What a wonderful playground when you pull the earth out from below it.
What a nice metaphor. :)

I was the opposite. I thought CONSTANTLY. Overthought, think think think all the bloody time. Stayed awake deep into the night thinking, following my thoughts in loops like a donkey following a carrot on a stick. I believed they meant something, that they were important, that if they were interesting, I should follow them. Spent a lot of years chasing my own tail inside my own head. So to speak. :)

I do remember clearly the day I realised, rather suddenly, that I was not THINKING. I was sitting quietly in the car on a pleasant suburban street waiting for school to let out and I was just THERE. Present. Not thinking, not imagining, not worrying, nothing. Just as quiet as can be inside my own head. And when I realised it, my first thought was, "Oh my God, I'm not thinking! Uh, well, I am now..." ;) :D

I can stop thinking at will now. I normally don't because I do enjoy it, but sometimes it all gets to be too much and I just stop doing it for a while. And life goes on and things still get solved and done and finished and so on. And I used to think thinking was soooo important....

CFTraveler
28th April 2014, 02:14 PM
I used to hate thinking too, because I couldn't stop. Now that I can, I enjoy, when I go to sleep, just seeing what I'm going to see. So I just 'see' instead of think, with no effort, and sometimes it's pretty cool things, sometimes it's blurry and sometimes I goes to sleep.

SoulSail
28th April 2014, 02:27 PM
Another symptom-spontaneously bursting into sobs. Drenching clouds overtake me. The whole of reality bleeding out in tears and only to pop up in front of me for the first time ever. Not exactly the traditional stream entry, but stream is all there is now.

I can barely contain this. It's taking everything and leaving nothing behind but itself spun up into the next totality. Now. Now. Now. This. This. This saying, "come away forever and I'll show you the never right now."

ButterflyWoman
28th April 2014, 02:34 PM
Another symptom-spontaneously bursting into sobs. Drenching clouds overtake me. The whole of reality bleeding out in tears and only to pop up in front of me for the first time ever. Not exactly the traditional stream entry, but stream is all there is now.
Been there, done that. In my interpretation (which is open to interpretation, of course) it's related to the bliss of relief. That's how I experienced it, anyway.

"come away forever and I'll show you the never right now."
Good offer. I'd take that one up. Not that you probably have that much of a choice at this point. I think, as Julius Caesar famously said, "The die has been cast." Only he said it in Latin. Or Greek.

SiriusTraveler
29th April 2014, 06:52 AM
I definitely have/had some of these symptoms. Can relate to being emotionally sensitive, barely containing myself when I watch emotionally charged scenes in movies etc. Also hearing my name in deeper meditation and getting spntaneous heat waves all over the body, ending up in the head.

IA56
29th April 2014, 08:51 AM
Thank you for posting the list of symtoms.
I have had Kundalini raised at least 2 time in this Life.

Love
ia

Eyeswideopen
29th April 2014, 11:47 AM
I am glad I read these symptoms as I have been struggling of late with feeling like I am really boring and that my brain has deteriorated a lot. I cannot hold onto any information I read and I feel like I am flittering around and not able to focus. I have realised I am in a place of not knowing like I have no idea who I am or what I should be doing. I have no opinions of my own it's a not a great place to be but I am just trying to go with it.

ButterflyWoman
29th April 2014, 12:00 PM
I cannot hold onto any information I read and I feel like I am flittering around and not able to focus.
Yes. I used to get this a lot. There was a considerable period during the height of my transformation (as I like to now call it) where I was so unable to focus that I was practically invalid. That was a long time ago, thankfully, but I still get episodes of this that coincide with any remaining bits of my belief set and my reality coming unravelled. It's pretty disorienting. The good news is that it does get better.

But I'll add (because I'm a mod and I have to) that there are also physical things that can do this, so see your doctor, etc. etc., you know the drill by now, I'm sure. :)

Best thing I've found to do is just relax into it and let it flow. Part of this is, in my personal interpretation, the release of control that you shouldn't be holding on to, anyway. If you just let things go and watch, you'll usually see that they get resolved in interesting ways. So has been the case for me.