PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye Opening?

Daisy
29th April 2014, 07:50 PM
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but this seems to be the closest category.

When I was a teen (I'm almost 50 now) I had a few spontaneous OBE's, which ignited my interest in such things. Back then (pre Internet) there wasn't a lot of info available and I didn't have much money to spend on books, so my information was pretty limited. But I meditated a lot and often tried to induce OBE's (mostly unsuccessfully, but that's not the point of this post).

Anyway, something did occur one night that I've never told anyone but have thought of many times. Perhaps someone here can give me some insight.

One night, during my meditation I suddenly felt a very strong, very intense pressure on my forehead-the area between my eyes but a little higher. It didn't hurt but it was extremely intense and it frightened me. I fought against it and it did stop. Since then I have wondered if what was feeling was my third eye opening.

Back then I didn't know about third eyes and that people actively tried to open them-I just was trying to induce OBE and this sensation was frightening to me.

Now all these years later I am wishing for it to happen again!

Any thoughts? Does it sound like my assessment is correct-that it was my third eye opening? Is there anything I can do to facilitate it happening again? It's so frustrating-I didn't want it then but very much do so now!

CFTraveler
29th April 2014, 08:54 PM
Po-tae-toes, poh-tah-toes- I call it 'the eyebrow center becoming active', and it's something that happens with energy work (especially energy raising) even if you don't work directly on it.