PDA

View Full Version : Help getting to a real-time projection state

Tijopi11
5th May 2014, 08:05 PM
So, as I've posted before, I've again been having trouble getting into real-time projection (exiting my body and perceiving what is currently happening around me, the same place and time, as my real body is experiencing it.) I voiced this complication earlier on here, but I think I misphrased it and thus got mixed results.

I'm currently working on my lucidity and have come to the point where I'm almost bold enough to claim that I have nearly mastered it. Not on a whim, but I do have them frequently and if I desire to have lucidity that night, I can usually get it that night sometimes even more than once. (As opposed to having had 2-3 my whole life, and only for a few moments. I've now had more than I can remember in short-term memory, and they've been more or less successful in that I can keep the lucidity fairly long.)

But as many times as I've tried, I utterly fail when it comes to changing the lucid dream into a real-time projection. I've read multiple times that once you reach lucidity, then you can just simply change the scene ino a real-time projection. I thought it would be this easy during my first experiences with lucidity, but for some reason, every time I try to change my surroundings, they don't change in the slightest!

That's why I'm asking if there is some way to change a lucid dream into a real-time projection forcefully, or 'manually' in a way. As in some sort of technique that isn't purely willed upon or done entirely by mental strain. Or at least something to aid along with it. Maybe I'm simply doing it wrong, and willing it to be so cannot be done, is hard to do, is not for beginners, or is the wrong way to do it entirely?

Here's a lucid dream I recently had that isn't really related to my question, and doesn't need to be read to understand this post. I just felt like I wanted to get it of my chest, so if you're curious and want to read a lucid dream, here is my most recent annoying one:

This has been bugging me particularly since a few nights ago. I immediately recognized the dream as a dream (which is odd for me, considering the majority of my lucidity dreams will take some 'prodding' before I realize anything.) and, even more excitedly, I was stationed in my basement. This was my first time, save perhaps my very first lucid dream, where the dream took place in a scenario similar or even identical to my waking life (instead of some sort of made-up fantasy land, or a place I haven't been to before.) I was standing at the bottom of the staircase, the door wide open, my dog staring at me curiously. I was so happy about the dream at that point that I was almost inclined to believe i actually was ALREADY in a real-time projection (though I painfully knew it wasn't, since my dog was looking at me and the door was open for no reason but to invite me upstairs.) I was confident, however, in my ability to change the lucid dream into a real-time projection, deciding that 'this was the day I finally succeeded at my goal.'

To this, I merrily skipped up the stairs not unlike a certain Dorothy down the yellow brick road, as I had planned to start to try and reel in my wanted rela-time projection from the living room (which I deemed was the most appropriate place, as it was also the place I was most familiar besides my bedroom and was most open to the outside world as I saw it.) I was stopped, however, when a massive bang/thud stomped at the mouth of the stairs, scaring me for some reason, and also scaring my dog, who looked up at an unseen figure (hidden behind the door frame.) My dreams have a habit of putting the most expressive faces on the creatures living within them, and the look on my dogs face struck me as resigned to some sort of horrible fate and ominous. A shadow lurked at the top of the stairs, casting partially over my dog and at the top of the steps, meaning that as soon as I climbed up the stairs, I would have to come face to face with the unseen foe. I somehow knew that what was waiting for me was a sort of realistic criminal, a burglar of some kind, who was waiting for me to climb up the stairs so he could rid of me quickly with an awaiting ambush.

This was oddly the most scared I had been in a lucid dream- and I questioned it even while I was dreaming. Usually in lucid dreams, I completely and utterly dismiss any form of harm knowing that it didn't mean a thing, but for some reason, this time I was genuinely petrified. I kept trying to will myself up the stairs before I lost my opportunity, but I was so scared that I couldn't move. I soon lost my lucidity all together and when I woke up, I was annoyed at my sudden spell of unneeded fear and made all the more frustrated that I hadn't come any closer to my goals towards a real-time projection. Any help for this would be nice, thank you.

CFTraveler
5th May 2014, 11:18 PM
But as many times as I've tried, I utterly fail when it comes to changing the lucid dream into a real-time projection. I've read multiple times that once you reach lucidity, then you can just simply change the scene ino a real-time projection. I thought it would be this easy during my first experiences with lucidity, but for some reason, every time I try to change my surroundings, they don't change in the slightest! No, you don't change the landscape you're in, you change the location you're in. That's why when you realize you're dreaming you don't try to go somewhere else, unlike when you're trying to go to an astral plane, instead you think of your body, where it is, how it feels to be in, the bed under you, etc. Then you will find yourself located back in your body. Then you stay there and try not to fall asleep again maintaining your eyes closed and immobile. Then, when you get some sort of projection symptom, you do an exit technique to separate from your body, in the real time zone.

Tijopi11
6th May 2014, 03:44 AM
Interesting, I thought it was a matter of contorting your surroudings to the proper 'dimension.' I'm not sure if dimension is the proper word I'm looking for- is it dimensions that seperate you between a lucid dream state and a real-time projection? Since I've heard that lucid dreams actually are a form of projecting, I thought you had to sort of mentally will yourself from point A to point B, like switching broadcasts on a radio. In a sense, I suppose I was trying to change location VIA changing my landscape, as in I was hoping if I changed my landscape, I could sort of 'mentall trip myself' into changing the location, or changing the dimension, since I knew I couldn't do this myself at my current state of spirituality. (As I've stated, Im a beginner, and I've done very little spiritual work.) I'll certainly try this next time I have a lucid dream (If I'm capable/remember to while in lucidity) though I admit I'm nervous to, because I've never woken up on my own accord as you seem to describe. I've never been able to find my location and wake up (I've actually never understood how people have woken up with their eyes closed. When I wake up, I instictively open my eyes, and my brain's too fuzzy to remember not to.) I guess this'll be my next goal

CFTraveler
6th May 2014, 12:14 PM
:thumbsup:

Daisy
9th May 2014, 08:23 PM
I'm glad I read this thread. I thought it was exactly as Tijopi11 did in the original post.

Also, just a tip, get a sleep mask. That will prevent the automatic eye opening upon awakening. I use one every night and it helps a lot.