PDA

View Full Version : Yoga Nidra experience

GMAN12
7th May 2014, 09:38 AM
Hello forum members. I would like to talk about my yoga nidra experience that I had today. If you don't know what yoga nidra is, I will tell you now.

It is yogic sleep in which you enter the state between deep sleep and samadhi. It is mind awake, body asleep which is exactly how it feels.

i had done some breathing exercises before I started the Yoga nidra. This allowed me to drop my heart rate down and decrease bodily functions and If I may say, it was extremely effective.

i had first taken three diaphragm breaths as I was focusing on the Ajna chakra (third eye) and then changed my awareness to the throat chakra where I had visualized the moon and took several regular breaths then finally, the heart chakra.

Once I reached the heart chakra, I was taking such small breaths that you couldn't hear me even if you up a sensitive mic up to my nose. What was strange is that I could stop breathing when I wanted to and everything was so relaxed! I was voluntarily breathing and finally, I started to contemplate some things, but found tht my time was up for the first 10 minute session. I hope to raise it one day to the entire night. If you would like me to make a guide on it so you could experience it yourselves, just post here.

i wouldn't have found this information if I haven't started doing pranayama exercises from the path of fire and light vol 2 by Swami Rama.

CFTraveler
7th May 2014, 12:27 PM
You might find this thread interesting: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?3113-Yoga-Nidra

GMAN12
8th May 2014, 04:39 AM
CF, you had me at Swamij.com! That's my favorite Yoga website.