PDA

View Full Version : New perspective on quantum mechanics

LPCF
15th May 2014, 09:23 PM
I stumbled upon this whilst researching something entirely different. I'm neither a mathematician nor a scientist, so won't attempt to evaluate (I will leave that to experts such as CFT and BW), but this article is certainly worth a look:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22229692.600-quantum-twist-could-kill-off-the-multiverse.html

ButterflyWoman
16th May 2014, 06:12 AM
I'm not an expert. I'm married to someone who is well-versed in physics, that's all. ;) My view and experience of quantum is esoteric, mystical, and empirical. :)

Basically, I think that physicists make these discoveries about the quantum world and the nature of consciousness and when they get there, The Buddha (and many, many other saints, mystics, and masters) waves and says, "Hi, what took you so long?"

CFTraveler
16th May 2014, 12:24 PM
I'm not an expert either, just a science nerd. But I didn't take the article too seriously either, not because I don't think the multiverse is going to end, but because the reasons for it seem contrived.

LPCF
16th May 2014, 07:53 PM
Basically, I think that physicists make these discoveries about the quantum world and the nature of consciousness and when they get there, The Buddha (and many, many other saints, mystics, and masters) waves and says, "Hi, what took you so long?"
A pity there isn't a LIKE button! :D