PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding memory.

DarkChylde
18th May 2014, 11:39 PM
I'm watching this program where people who have problems that are unanswered by currently available means , like medication , therapy , counselling or medical expertise are still left with debilitating problems , inherently by themselves come to the realization that their problem is "karmic" , i.e the problem has metaphysical roots , these people then agree to "Past Life Regression Therapy" on the condition that their Regression Session is allowed to be taped and viewed later on.
The hypnotherapist then employs a team of research aides (but does most of the fact finding himself) to actually pick out hitherto unknown facts (by records and bona fide documents recorded in actual history) to prove or disprove a case.

While watching their regression under hypnosis - I couldn't help but wonder : where do all these memories from a past life actually come from? , I mean as a one whole person all our memories are stored within our brain , but then these people start blurting out "facts" "memories" and "visuals" that were (playing along with the regression hypothesis) neither stored in the physical brain nor acquired by other means (say a heart transplant patient acquiring the donors memories).

In case I'm not posing my question in lucidity let me phrase it like this : If all of us are reincarnated , where are the memories of a past life or past lives stored? , What is/are the locale/locales of memories of our past lives? Where do generation upon generation of previous lifetime memories "go" for either storage or for access? , if they weren't "with us" all the time in our person inside our brain?.

Like computers have RAM , Random Access Memory ( the most frequently used memory required to facilitate working function) - it's understood that physiologically active memory sustains only those details that are essential to everyday function , so if the brain were to harbor life time upon lifetime's worth of memory (even for storage) the system would be "inundated" to a point where things would be superimposed on each other and the system would hit cessation of function , not to mention if one life time events "leaked" into another "lifetime" there would be this hodge podge of information leading to all kinds of things (identity crises comes foremost to mind) among other things.
To illustrate my point with an example ; imagine yourself in a point in time where you were undergoing severe stress , your brain was computing several different scenarios and process outcomes that would impact your life , at such a time the going ons of the world around you ceased for a bit , if someone where to ask you something you'd most likely say "hunh? sorry - I was miles away".

I understand that memory itself is a construct , that is it's not a physical corporeal tangibility so to house"memory" for whatever reason is not quantified by either "space" or etiher defined by "function" - but what I don't get is that as human beings we have access to memory (those that weren't acquired by chronological passage or experience of events but were altogether extraneous to our organism) and then these memories gain "activation" suddenly and make themselves known - If these memories were not gained chronologically but rather by another lifetime , i.e there were "other where" (?) then how is that these people got to gain them?

What do you think about this? .

IA56
19th May 2014, 06:04 AM
Hi DC,
I am "working" on this topic because this is important for us to understand, I have not find final profe yet but a hunch I have, and I am sure I am going to revise many time´s...but if you Think from a Onessess perpectiv...in duality all is fractioned and divided...but in duality there is only one but it is ALL....so this Onessess field let us say it is HS...and in every incarnation (as I understand you have to understand and grasp forgivness) you have issues to work with...but mostly you do not get it and you face same issues over and over again but many time´s you do not get it....but then HS does something and give´s you a "memory" where you see yoursef in a situation and suddenly you understand more...and now you say...I saw myself in different invorment and I was that person....and you have off course lived that Life Before...so ...all so called life´s and memories is only as a help to work on your home coming reunion so to speak....all memories are energy and as you know energy does not vanich only take´s Another form.....I stop here because what I want to say it eludes me all the time...but I am working on this topic to really understand it...and I will undestand it in the end so to speak...:-)..it is for this work I have started the new journal..I will work from the Onessess perpectiv and have A Course of Miracles as my method of work and see where it take´s me...it is said to give you all the understanding ....so I have to try and see for myself.

You write:
"If all of us are reincarnated , where are the memories of a past life or past lives stored? , What is/are the locale/locales of memories of our past lives? Where do generation upon generation of previous lifetime memories "go" for either storage or for access? , if they weren't "with us" all the time in our person inside our brain?".

Isn´t every thought energy?? I Think that everyone does create in duality own world´s so to speak...and the Group you are living in has created a Group inviroment, right??...Everything creates like own fields in duality...and you can visit them, right??In meditation or when you go into trance you can connect to these fields of energy... This is only a thought from my part...but maby it is something like this...and when you re-incarnate you do incarnate into similar Group so to speak what you have bean creating maybe in many pre-life´s....I do not know...but this is one of my thoughts though :-)

Love
ia

susan
19th May 2014, 07:50 AM
Hi DarkChylde,
My answer is not from a scientific view but I remember reading Michael Newtons book 'Journey Of The Souls ' where his clients being regressed to returning to the spirit world describe memories of having been in other incarnations on earth and sharing lives with people they were seeing in spirit. One ( mayebe more ) told him that only a percentage of their essence came bank to earth, depending on what the lessons were , therefore the remainder stayed in spirit in a not so lucid state.
So far my thoughts on this are that during regression they link up with this other part that contains the memories, so it's not necessarily stored in the brain but is channeled. Just my current thoughts .

DarkChylde
19th May 2014, 01:24 PM
so past life regression is actually channeling and they are one and the same thing so these are interchangeable terms? hunh? what's going on here?

so confuuusing!! waahn!http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/cute_rabbit/cute-rabbit-emoticon-06.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

CFTraveler
19th May 2014, 02:03 PM
Here's what I think- I've read that the human brain has more than adequate storage space for one lifetime of memories, probably three times as much. I wish I remembered where I read this, but the idea that the brain is the only place in the body this kind of thing can happen is kind of outdated, as we have neurons all over our bodies. Idk exactly 'where' the storage is exactly, I used to think 'they' didn't know but I remember reading more recent studies indicating that 'they' do know 'where'. Now, if past life memories are not in the body (and why should they be? The body we inhabit now is 'new' and its blueprint is genetically pre-whatevered. So I would then say Monroe's H-Band or M-Field would more than likely be the place, if 'place' is correct- some sort of non-local field, and perhaps the gaps in the synapses (or the microtubules in the brain, being the 'right' size for quantum processing) might be able to access that field and recover past life memories.
But, if you believe in confabulation, then there's that.
All my opinion, musings and meanderings.

DarkChylde
19th May 2014, 07:45 PM
Now, if past life memories are not in the body (and why should they be? The body we inhabit now is 'new' and its blueprint is genetically pre-whatevered. So I would then say Monroe's H-Band or M-Field would more than likely be the place, if 'place' is correct- some sort of non-local field, and perhaps the gaps in the synapses (or the microtubules in the brain, being the 'right' size for quantum processing) might be able to access that field and recover past life memories.

Hmm okay makes sense , thankyou.