PDA

View Full Version : Altered perspective, psychosis?

Reav3R
9th June 2014, 07:35 AM
I don't know how to interpret this, but I have experienced 3 instances where something I saw or perceived was clearly and obviously altered in a later date. It felt like I saw it wrong the first time but at the same time I was 100% sure what I saw first was right and it contradicted what happened afterwards. Is this a symptom of psychosis or is it something else? Here are the three instances when it occurred:

Incident #1:

I got back home from school and went to my bed room, I saw that my blanket wasn't on my bed so I wondered where it is. I only looked at the bed for a second or two but I was absolutely sure that there was no blanket on it. So I went out of my room and checked the washed clothes and it wasn't there. I was tired so I got back in my room and my blanket was there, I was shocked because I was 100% sure it wasn't there before. The color of my blanket is noticeably different than the bed, if it was there the first time I would've seen it for sure. No one else was in the room.

Incident #2:

I got up early, woke him up and asked for some money. He gave me a 10k green bill (paper money) that was green, then asked me to give him back the change when I used it. I was somehow dark but I could clearly see the number and it was indeed a 10k bill, I could tell it was green too. So I got out of the room and took a look at it in the light again, what I had in hand was a 2k blue bill! If he had given me a 2k bill he wouldn't have asked for the change, also he didn't have any 2k bills in his pocket. What he gave me was a 10k green bill for sure, and it turned blue when I got out. I had nothing else in my hand.

Incident #3:

I don't remember it, I should've written these down but I relied on my memory and it seems it failed me. I remember these 3 incidents were really bizarre, but only remember two of them clearly.

Please share your thoughts on my experience, should I consult a psychologist? I read that these things can be symptoms of psychosis

ButterflyWoman
9th June 2014, 08:50 AM
Reality is not as solid or as real as people think. Most people don't notice these little "glitches in the matrix", so to speak, or they write it off as their "imagination" or to being extra tired or who knows what else. But these things actually happen all the time. The fact that you've forgotten the third incident, despite how weird it was, is just one indication of how neatly the material mind edits the story so it makes sense... ;)

CFTraveler
9th June 2014, 04:38 PM
Plus, the fact that you're doubting your sanity is my first indication that you're not psychotic. There are various ways to interpret your experiences (some more 'established' than others) and they don't have to point to mental illness.