PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of "Things"

MooSaysTheCat
9th June 2014, 11:05 AM
First of all this question is directed towards people that believe, that depending on what is you're belief it is what you will see in this world. For example if you believe in angels then you will see angels, if you believe in spirits then you will see spirits or if you believe in masters then you will see masters...and so on.

So after reading something about the 3rd eye i came up with this question:

The 3rd eye is commonly seen as a good thing and naturally people try to "awaken" it. And it's a great thing when you can, and high fives to everyone.....ok, so good so far.

Now. For somebody that believes that "you will see, what you want to see" and try's to awaken his 3rd eye then he will (eventually) , and it will be a "good" thing.
However let's say this same person read a book about a 3rd eye.....except that this eye is located in the hand........(I am not familiar with any 3rd eyes that are in the hand in real life, in the case that they do exist then I ask that the "eye" I'm talking about should be seen as made up for the sake of the story,and has nothing to do with any real life stuff) and In the book the he read it was described as a good thing. So let's say this person awakens his 3rd eye I the hand and everything is great.

However it turns out that the book he read was the ONLY book that described the 3rd eye on the hand as a "good" thing and all the other book say that it is an "evil" eye and should never be used.

So what happens with the eye?
The person when he was learning to awaken it and even after he awoken it was fine and was never aware that it was commonly thought as a "bad" eye.
Since the person thought it was good and had already lived with the eye for some time and was fine....what happens when he realize that everyone else thinks it's bad?
Does the eye become "evil" because everyone thinks so?
Or will it stay good if the person decides to ignore what everyone thinks and continue his marry way?

I tried to explain this as best as I could I hope it expressed what Im trying to say.

I would really like to hear other peoples opinion, after all that is what I came here for.

CFTraveler
9th June 2014, 05:17 PM
A few things, not sure how they apply to your premise:

In my opinion, the notion of the third eye is cultural. When we imagine something we close our eyes, because we have the habit of associating 'sight' with eyes. Whis is natural. We don't have the habit of associating sight with the hands because our eyes are not in our hands. So the notion of the third eye is an interpretation of our perception. If we 'see' with our 'eyes' (from an experiential point of view) it makes sense to assume that to visualize we have to close our eyes and 'see' with whatever is in that area of the head, that is not the eyes. So we associate the 'third eye' with the head, and build a belief system around the notion.
I do not mention the pineal gland because it is not clear what the relationship to clairvoyance it has. If you look at 'scientific' views on this, (the ones that say the pineal produces compounds that create the images in the brain) you will see that these theories are extrapolated on hypotheses and nothing more. So IMO the importance of the pineal gland on this is also a belief system. I'm not saying that it's not involved, I'm saying that we don't have enough information to make something like that a 'fact' the way it's presented. I do also know that a lot of 'belief' is based on fact, and it could be true. But with the information we have, we just don't know what factor it plays in clairvoyance or even imagination.

-So to continue to what I'm saying, I think that it is very unlikely that the notion that we have our 'third eye' in the hand would be unlikely to catch on, and I have a hard time indentifying with it.

But I do want to get to the next item- the notion that the 'third eye' is evil- this is an idea that some churches (or I should say cults) are promoting, along with the chakras and pretty much any concept that seems to come from the east, even if it matches with western religious concepts-there is a lot of bogus info out there proclaiming the chakras (of which the third eye is one) are evil, and there are people being frightened to the point of wanting to 'destroy' or 'close' them. So we can see what happens to people who believe the third eye is evil- they begin to doubt their own experiences, or to label them 'evil' with no basis other than what others told them. Sometimes they even want to 'stop dreaming' just in case it's a case of 'vision'. It is very sad and destructive, they just live in fear of 'doing the wrong thing and displeasing God' all their lives. Do they stop dreaming? No, it's impossible to stop dreaming- but it's possible to dissociate from your own mind (some people call this 'going crazy') to the point of not being aware of their thoughts or dreams.
So, what does this have to do with manifesting your thoughts? It means that when you create your reality you create your experiences, and whether this creates other people's experiences too, depends on what the others believe too.
That's why we call it a consensus reality. We all have decided together to exist in this reality with the rules it comes with. The thing is, that the rules that exist in it are not based on the materialist paradigm- and this is why manifestation works- not becasue we are bending the rules, but because the rules that apply are not necessarily used by all.

tpratt
2nd July 2014, 10:42 PM
I think people who see what they believe is kind of like selective hearing except its more selective seeing. You see what you want to see. But then every day there are people who see things they DIDN'T believe in before they saw it. I understand where you're coming from though. I've often wondered similar things about death. People are always saying, "What ever you believe will hapeen to you when you die is what will happen to you."

MooSaysTheCat
3rd July 2014, 09:28 AM
So what do you think happens when two different people with two different beliefs about the same things meet?

Terry
19th October 2014, 06:29 AM
I don't know if I agree that you see what you believe and that is it. In the area of seeing beings or entities most of my experiences don't follow a belief based perspective in that I only see say angels or aliens or faeries or fill in the blank. I never had a name for many of the things I saw before I saw them which makes the statement about believing something before you can see it untrue.

Even now I see certain types of beings that don't fit in with what is out there about say aliens or faeries or angels. Asking around or researching it is a toss up as to what exactly I am seeing, is it angel or is it faerie or is it something else. I personally don't really get hungup on labels and maybe that is why I don't have much trouble with seeing whatever.

Somethings I can't see though even though I believe it exists such as aura's, apparently my eyes were formed in such a way I just can't see aura's and all the techniques and instructions out there don't work for me at all. I do have malformed eyes in that they are much longer within my eye sockets than what a normal eye would be. You can't see it from just looking at me you need a cat scan but my eyes are deformed from birth along with muscle issues in one eye that doesn't exist in the other. BUT, it doesn't prevent me from seeing entities or beings that pop in or out every so often. I am used to it as it has been going on my entire life.

CFTraveler
19th October 2014, 05:31 PM
I wonder if this is why I can't see auras anymore (but could when younger?) I do know Robert (quite logically, in my opinion) considers aura sight a combination of physical sight and clairvoyance- you need both, not just one for it to work. Maybe if the physical component gets bad enough the clairvoyant component just isn't enough. Just a thought.