PDA

View Full Version : please help me with this.

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 06:56 AM
for the past two weeks , I've been looking up forums , reading reports , medical journals and talking with nutritionists and the oncology staff at our facility - regarding artificial sweeteners.
ok so here is the problem : both parties for the pro and con groups are have evidence that is at best described "postulated" , be as that may , it is however enough to sow doubt that artificial sweeteners aren't 100% healthy.

yet troublesome more is the fact I quit smoking about 3 weeks ago , ever since my cravings for sweet food and appetite have sky rocketed (last night i woke up and was eating marmalade out of the bottle before I realized what I was doing :oops: ).

with summer season in full swing , there is no "layering" , no hiding under sweaters or hoodies - so I instead of losing weight I'm gaining it like crazy :mad:

what should I do? condition myself to like food without sweetness? (that seems so harsh! and coffee or tea taste YUCK without sweetness ).

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 07:01 AM
also I forgot to mention that favorable/natural/alternative - sweeteners aren't available in my countries
that includes everything like setiva rebaudiana extract , erythritol , xylitol or yacon syrup derivatives.

IA56
12th June 2014, 07:12 AM
Hi DC,
You can not be too rigid, our body does need sugar too, so I think you can have sugar in your coffee when using it with care.

Love
ia

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 07:46 AM
my father is diabetic , he's on insulin - sugar just isn't good for me.

i have an awful awful feeling i will have to live without sweetness for the rest of my life (and i LOVE confectionery treats I tell you )

this is SO UNFAIR http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/yellow_onion_head/yellow-onion-head-emoticon-09.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

IA56
12th June 2014, 07:57 AM
my father is diabetic , he's on insulin - sugar just isn't good for me.

i have an awful awful feeling i will have to live without sweetness for the rest of my life (and i LOVE confectionery treats I tell you )

this is SO UNFAIR http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/yellow_onion_head/yellow-onion-head-emoticon-09.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

But DC, I have heard that a small amount sweetness is not at all liathat to diabetics. If you do dring a cup of coffee now and then with sweetness I am sure it does not harm you.
I must meditate over diabetics why this occures.When know why, then it must be able to heal.

Love
ia

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 08:00 AM
do you guys remember the time when you were young and your metabolism was running like a top notch race horse?

infact mine was so good , I could eat anything* , eclairs , bonbons , petite fours , sweet quiche , liquorice treats , taffy , fondant , nougat, caramels (all my favorites) *gulp*

i wish i was back in time - spoil your kids with lollies while they are still young i tell you.
what a sad day .:-(

IA56
12th June 2014, 08:04 AM
do you guys remember the time when you were young and your metabolism was running like a top notch race horse?

infact mine was so good , I could eat anything* , eclairs , bonbons , petite fours , sweet quiche , liquorice treats , taffy , fondant , nougat, caramels (all my favorites) *gulp*

i wish i was back in time - spoil your kids with lollies while they are still young i tell you.
what a sad day .:-(

Well well well DC you have given the answere by yourself. You needed Diabetic to find boundaries and controll yourself to know that much is not good and you got the proof of it by destroying your pancreas...You need your illness for knowing what balance is...

Love
ia

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 08:08 AM
But DC, I have heard that a small amount sweetness is not at all liathat to diabetics. If you do dring a cup of coffee now and then with sweetness I am sure it does not harm you.
I must meditate over diabetics why this occures.When know why, then it must be able to heal.

Love
ia

ok I might as well confess while we are talking of this , you see , whenever I eat delicious sweet things , I want to eat more!

umm for example at the nurses station someone was sharing a tray of assorted chocolates and after my turn , I secretly nicked extra pieces into my mouth when no one looking , and sometimes I wake up at night and want to eat sweetness right away! without having meals beforehand or anything like that.
Sometimes I'm even thinking about desserts and confectionery treats (just like that with no rhyme or reason) , well I guess nicotine cessation is a major contributing cause but still.

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 08:15 AM
Well well well DC you have given the answere by yourself. You needed Diabetic to find boundaries and controll yourself to know that much is not good and you got the proof of it by destroying your pancreas...You need your illness for knowing what balance is...

Love
ia

yes ma'am i'll focus more on this.

please pray that I'm able to successfully quit smoking for good and keep me in your thoughts :heart:

IA56
12th June 2014, 08:15 AM
ok I might as well confess while we are talking of this , you see , whenever I eat delicious sweet things , I want to eat more!

umm for example at the nurses station someone was sharing a tray of assorted chocolates and after my turn , I secretly nicked extra pieces into my mouth when no one looking , and sometimes I wake up at night and want to eat sweetness right away! without having meals beforehand or anything like that.
Sometimes I'm even thinking about desserts and confectionery treats (just like that with no rhyme or reason) , well I guess nicotine cessation is a major contributing cause but still.

When starting to talk as things are then you will find the way to balance it and find the cause of this habbit, it is to tell the truth you can make change and choose differently. I did learn as very young that I canīt do secretly anything because what I do secretly is to fool myself. I have to beave even when alone, I do not need someone to watch over me to make me do right, I have to do it all the time, why does you want to hurt yourself this much??

Love
ia

IA56
12th June 2014, 08:18 AM
yes ma'am i'll focus more on this.

please pray that I'm able to successfully quit smoking for good and keep me in your thoughts :heart:

Off course DC off course. I know you will succeed, nothing less can happen than success. God does not give up on us, and neighder do I :-)

Love
ia

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 08:24 AM
I have to beave even when alone, I do not need someone to watch over me to make me do right, I have to do it all the time, why does you want to hurt yourself this much??

Love
ia

but I didn't even know i was hurting myself so much! that is why I looked up healthy alternatives!!

I'm having a lot of difficulty giving up sweetness , but If I can give up cigarettes , then surely I can give up confectionery treats!!http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/soldier-baby/ko-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

IA56
12th June 2014, 08:38 AM
but I didn't even know i was hurting myself so much! that is why I looked up healthy alternatives!!

I'm having a lot of difficulty giving up sweetness , but If I can give up cigarettes , then surely I can give up confectionery treats!!http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/soldier-baby/ko-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

To bee too rigid is as bad as too much intake.
As it is not you yet who has the diabetics but your father, why do you think you are your father??
I am sure it is not sugar what did made your fathers diabetics, but something total different.
But when the fact has occured, he has diabetics then he can not eat sugar because his pancreas is damaged.
So I think you have to re-think about your self.

Love
ia

DarkChylde
12th June 2014, 09:14 AM
this goes here nicely

Sinera
12th June 2014, 01:49 PM
for the past two weeks , I've been looking up forums , reading reports , medical journals and talking with nutritionists and the oncology staff at our facility - regarding artificial sweeteners.
ok so here is the problem : both parties for the pro and con groups are have evidence that is at best described "postulated" , be as that may , it is however enough to sow doubt that artificial sweeteners aren't 100% healthy.
So which artificial sweeteners do you refer to, is it the infamous Aspartame? I would avoid it indeed. Lots of controversy about it.

Try to get a hold on products with stevia and erythrol maybe?

Also a bit of sugar is in any food type anyway, and it does no harm, the opposite is the case: your brain needs glucose, even diabetics need it, it's just the amount that matters.

There is hardly anything entirely sugar-free nowadays, just sugar-reduced, even most products with replacements (maltitol, erytrol, stevia) have still sugar in them. So there is no need for a sugar-phobia, you take it in anyway. Glucose or fructose as long as it occurs naturally is okay unless you have an allergy esp. to fructose.

Just try to do without those calorie-bomb sweets, choc bars cakes and similar, with too much refined sugar (sachharose) in it, also lots of industry juices are way too loaded with sugar - almost as much as the main culprit: coke. So you could also take a look at the stated percentages maybe on each product.

CFTraveler
12th June 2014, 04:03 PM
When the sugar cravings strike, eat fresh fruit, hopefully the type that has a low glycemic index.
When I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes (because old, lol) and I was allowed fruit, especially if I paired it with a protein.
So instead of thinking of additives (such as stevia, which surprise me that you can't get it) try eating fruit and protein (such as cheese) when the mood strikes.
Sorry if someone else said this, I didn't read all of it.

DarkChylde
13th June 2014, 08:58 AM
thankyou (everyone) for the kindness of your replies.

this was seeming like quite the issue , but now seems manageable :)