PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Ties to the Past

16th July 2006, 07:44 PM
I found this exercise while surfing the net. Any opinions about it? I will try this out myself, but just curious what other folks think about it. :)

"Before they went into battle, the Ninja warriors had a meditation they performed. The intention was for the warrior to go into battle pure, fighting not for himself but for the good of their clan. To strike down an enemy in anger was considered an impure act. Warriors did not fight because of emotional attachments or a desire for victory, they fought for freedom.

This meditation is an adaptation of this Ninja technique:

Close your eyes, breathe into your heart, and see yourself with someone you have made a promise to in the past and who, through this gesture, you still feel attached to, even though the relationship itself has ended. In this image, see yourself and the other person sitting together in an empty room. Within this room you (but not the other) also sit within a spiral of protective energy that separates you both.

Look at your bodies and you will see that strands of energy connect you, from your body to his or hers. Notice where these strands connect. This will show you the deeper relationship that existed between you. Is it a heart connection? Sexual? Of the mind? Notice also if there is a discrepancy in where these strands connect (e.g., do they leave your body at the heart but connect to his at the head?). This can suggest where miscommunication is taking place in your relationships or provide insight into where and how your power is taken by others.

When you are ready, say whatever needs to be said to the person in front of you, speaking out loud, so you can forgive or make amends, accept that person's forgiveness, finish your business together, take back your promises, and say goodbye.

When the time is right, you will see in your hand a sword you can use to cut the ties of energy between you. Breathe in as you do so to reclaim the power that was yours. This does not hurt the other or you; you are simply cutting through energy.

As you free them and yourself from the past, watch the other person drift away from you, becoming more distant until they fade away completely. Gently open your eyes and say out loud "I am free" -and commit to that sentiment.

Repeat this exercise whenever you need to and for every situation in which you feel you gave away your power.
"

Akashic_Librarian
16th July 2006, 08:06 PM
Wow. Al I can say really. That is so powerful I can feel the effect just by reading it. A truly magnificant technique. I can see different adpatations for different things at that. Such powerful words....wow :shock:

star
16th July 2006, 08:56 PM
I could try that. But I don't find myself capable of it.

CFTraveler
16th July 2006, 09:10 PM
Thank you, Scymitar. This definitely is something that I need at the moment. Wow!

16th July 2006, 09:14 PM
Thank you, Scymitar. This definitely is something that I need at the moment. Wow!

:D

Pilar
31st August 2006, 03:55 AM
I felt moved just by reading it, and I am going to go try it right now! :D

Thank you for sharing

Pilar

31st August 2006, 05:44 AM
This is actually a hypnosis technique that I was taught in school. My teacher must have been reading Ninja info. :shock: :lol:

An addition to the technique that I've had a lot of success with is to have the client cut the cords from both people (themselves and the person they are having trouble with), place the cords in a bag (the cords represent the bad energy between the two people) and have the client hand the bag to the person they were corded to. If the other person refuses to take the bag, I have them place it at that person's feet, turn around, and walk away. I seem to use it a lot with daughter's whose mothers are controlling and domineering. Works like a charm! Also works well with people who were abused in their childhood, cutting the cords with the abuser. It helps with them taking back their own power.

Palehorse Redivivus
31st August 2006, 08:23 AM
Oooo, seems like good stuff, and very timely for me too. Might have to test both of these methods in the very near future.

(Also: Hah... hypno-ninja!)

31st August 2006, 01:58 PM
I tried it with an ex that I used to be sooooo stuck on. Took me years to get over him. I think it helped, I really did feel some of my power return.

Think I'll try this with my father too - that was a very abusive relationship, thanks for the heads up PHG! :D

Palehorse:

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? We missed you!!

Hypno-Ninja? I LIKE!! :lol:

Palehorse Redivivus
31st August 2006, 11:33 PM
I tried it with an ex that I used to be sooooo stuck on. Took me years to get over him. I think it helped, I really did feel some of my power return.

*nod* I have a method I've used with people I was attached to after various messes that couldn't be cleaned up, and it really is like part of you returns. When I discovered this and tried it for the first time, I had been freshly upset for no good reason about a situation that happened a while ago, with someone I thought I had forgiven and released and etc. Once I pulled my energy back through the connection and blocked it off, my feelings toward them completely reversed literally overnight to be almost completely detached, and at that point I could send 'em off with a smile and a wave, rather than a finger. Good stuff, that. :P

On that note, there's something I've been thinking about lately; wondering if anyone has any insight. Notice I said "blocking off" rather than "cutting off" -- this has usually been my approach with the few people I've had to do this with. In most cases, even when things went south, there was a sense that we had been in each other's lives for a reason, karma involved, etc., so I haven't ruled out the possibility of coming back together on more positive and healthy terms sometime in the future, either in this life or some other. But... I'm still kind of figuring all this stuff out as I go along, so I'm still wondering if this is the "right" approach.

Palehorse:

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? We missed you!!

We did? :P I was off on various vacations for a few weeks, and then I came home and was preoccupied with other stuff for a while. (See last two paragraphs... :? ) But hark! For I hath returnethed!

Hypno-Ninja? I LIKE!! :lol:

Yep. By day she may be a mild mannered moderator, but by night? (Dun dun DUN!!!)

http://www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net/PhotoGallery/Ninja%20(Nunchaku).jpg

Of course, now that I've revealed her alter ego, well... been nice knowin' you fine folks. :shock:

CFTraveler
31st August 2006, 11:44 PM
We did? We did!

But hark! For I hath returnethed!
Welcometh backth! th!

1st September 2006, 01:09 AM
On that note, there's something I've been thinking about lately; wondering if anyone has any insight. Notice I said "blocking off" rather than "cutting off" -- this has usually been my approach with the few people I've had to do this with. In most cases, even when things went south, there was a sense that we had been in each other's lives for a reason, karma involved, etc., so I haven't ruled out the possibility of coming back together on more positive and healthy terms sometime in the future, either in this life or some other. But... I'm still kind of figuring all this stuff out as I go along, so I'm still wondering if this is the "right" approach.

I think if you and the person in question have agreed on a deeper level to interact and learn from eachother, that there wouldn't be much your conscious self could do to keep that from happening. Of course, there are always exceptions... It's healthy, I think, to keep an open mind regarding possible contact in the future, like in any situation, really. I think keeping an open mind helps avoid creating emotional/energetic/psychological blocks on some level. I don't really understand that, just seems to make sense to me somehow. As with anything, be wary of extremes. Taking one's power back from a situation and/or person does not necessarily mean you have to completely deny that person's existance and any/all future contact with same. :wink: In other words, I think your view on this is nicely balanced and open minded. :D

We did? I was off on various vacations for a few weeks, and then I came home and was preoccupied with other stuff for a while. (See last two paragraphs... ) But hark! For I hath returnethed!

WE DID! Your input is so welcome and really helpful too!

*scratches head* Who was that masked Ninja anyhow??

1st September 2006, 01:14 AM
Welcometh backth! th!

Why did I see Sylvester the cat saying that? :lol:

1st September 2006, 02:30 AM
Of course, now that I've revealed her alter ego, well... been nice knowin' you fine folks.

Palearse, many have been slain for less(th)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1st September 2006, 02:43 AM
Of course, now that I've revealed her alter ego, well... been nice knowin' you fine folks.

Palearse, many have been slain for less(th)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alright, my psychic skills are down for repair atm - is that you PHG???? :D :shock: :D

Uh, do you realize you called him "PALEARSE"? LMAO!!

From top to bottom, eh?

Palehorse Redivivus
1st September 2006, 08:27 AM
(snip the misseth-ing of me) Lol, thanks guys. Now stop slobbering all over the inside of my monitor. It's reeeally hard to clean. :P

*scratches head* Who was that masked Ninja anyhow??

It was... HYPNO-NINJA. You are getting sleeeeepy... while she is getting stabby.

I think if you and the person in question have agreed on a deeper level to interact and learn from eachother, that there wouldn't be much your conscious self could do to keep that from happening. Of course, there are always exceptions... It's healthy, I think, to keep an open mind regarding possible contact in the future, like in any situation, really. I think keeping an open mind helps avoid creating emotional/energetic/psychological blocks on some level. I don't really understand that, just seems to make sense to me somehow. As with anything, be wary of extremes. Taking one's power back from a situation and/or person does not necessarily mean you have to completely deny that person's existance and any/all future contact with same. In other words, I think your view on this is nicely balanced and open minded.

Yeah, that's pretty much my line of reasoning. I just like getting feedback on these things to assure myself I'm not nuts, because it seems like I have to learn everything via trial and error... with lots and lots of error. Heh.

Uh, do you realize you called him "PALEARSE"? LMAO!!

Oh, she knows. I was just saying earlier... I've been here for, like, a few weeks, and already I've managed to get myself dubbed the Antichrist, and now even the mods are taking shots! You people are gonna give me a complex! Hmph. :D :lol:

Palearse, many have been slain for less(th)!

See how she abuses me!!! *files ninja-restraining order*

Rhone
2nd September 2006, 03:30 PM
A very similar practice is taught in Pranic Healing. In the wordily titled Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems, Stephen Co claims that you create energetic chords with anything that you turn your attention to, and recommends that you cut all of your chords at least once per day, in the evening. It's especially important for healers and others that are in close contact with other people throughout the day.

Anyway, the method for cutting chords taught in the aforementioned book goes like this:

Put one hand (preferably your dominant hand) above and slightly in front of your head, with your other hand down at your side. Use your hands and visualization to bunch together all of the chords extending from the front of your body, and hold them in your lower hand in front of your solar plexus. Then use a karate chop motion with your top hand (you can imagine it sharp like a knife) to cut the chords. Make three cuts, then toss the chords into a bowl of saltwater, if available--otherwise visualize a bucket of green fire to toss the chords into.

Then visualize your back in front of you, and repeat the process on your imagined back to cut the chords extending from your back. Again toss the bundle of cut chords into the saltwater or green fire, and then focus on your crown chakra and project violet energy at the chords for 5 seconds to help neutralize them.

sash
2nd September 2006, 03:54 PM
That's the same technique my pranic healing teacher uses. Apparently especially during healing these cords attach quite strongly to the solar plexus chakra.
The general soft sweeping motion in front and behind you with the hands and then throwing the energy into saltwater is very effective, although I don't always feel the cords.
She is always sweeping for cords in front and behind her whenever she talks to someone. The first time I met her I was thinking 'wtf is she doing...'. Makes sense now though. You still couldn't do that too much in public though. :shock:

Pilar
3rd September 2006, 01:15 AM
That's really helpful, too. I like the idea of doing it at the end of each day (rather than in public :wink: although maybe one could make it appear to be an abstract piece of performance art or something :D --side note, I had this dance teacher who was so far out, I would be walking down the street with her and she would just suddenly stop and start doing this spontaneous movement piece on the sidewalk, imitating someone's posture/walking style or something, and I would just be standing there, waiting until she was finished.... :oops:

ha ha! :D the wierder, the more fun, I guess. Unless it's too weird :(

Also, I have a ring that was given to me by my grandmother. We had a very special bond, but at the same time, I am feeling like it is one that needs to be let go of. I am just approaching the one year anniversary of her death, and I would like to do a small ritual symbolizing this and then I am going to sell the ring and use the money to support my art practice. Seems like there are some really creative healers in this forum who have terrific visualization rituals to share. Anyone got one that seems appropriate?

Pilar

Tempestinateapot
3rd September 2006, 05:33 AM
See how she abuses me!!! *files ninja-restraining order*http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/adr.gif

Palehorse Redivivus
4th September 2006, 03:47 AM
Update: whoa, I think I can vouch for the premise that there really seems to be something to this "cutting cords" stuff after all. You all knew that already I'm sure, but I've never done it quite like this before, and I feel like I've discovered a new toy. :P

A while back, someone told me I had a tendency to attract people who "pull on" me, and that makes sense on a lot of levels. Won't bore anybody with the specifics, but lately there's been a lot of internal rearranging of myself with the aim of attracting people and situations that operate more on the basis of balance and reciprocity, than I have in the past.

*throws shuriken at Palehorse*
\\\clamors in Japanese\\\
*ninja vanishes*

A lot of ideas have come up, of tendencies that I've had toward "giving up my personal power" without realizing it in various ways large and small over the years... long story short, I probably had cords up the wazoo, possibly going back years. I get the impression that they're a bit like the crapware that infects your computer -- no one little program does much damage, but once you've got a ton of them each taking up a small trickle of your resources 24/7, the effect is cumulative and it lags your entire system.

Anyway, the other night I did the one where you gather all the cords into a bundle, slice through and burn them. I wasn't by the puter at the time so I don't know if I was very "by the book" about it, but I tend to think this kinda thing is more about intent than form anyway. There were very strong sensations going on in my solar plexus chakra from start to finish. Since then I seem to be a lot more clear-headed in general, and more than one person has remarked that my mood has been better and more like myself than I have been in weeks. Very cool!

Now if I could only figure out how to stop attracting the occasional random ninja ambush...

Rayson
17th September 2006, 02:12 AM
Without a ton of experience in this arena, I'd too say that intent is much more powerful and significant here than form. The Solar plexis (or so I've read...) is frequently the "organizer" chakra in terms of energy. It would make sense for that to be an exploitation point.

Just cutting off the ties will likely be huge. Without any experience here, I'll merely speculate that directing such healing energies towards the past parts of you, towards the parts of you that relate to and connect with others, and towards the part of you that was connected and now is potentially severed and singed could be additionally helpful.

I don't have ANY suggestiions for how to deal with ninja ambuses. That's mostly assuredly beyond my field of study...

By the way, moderators don't ever use red to indicate their text, mods, or edits... I swear. :twisted:

Susie
11th January 2007, 01:14 AM
would severing a cord make it more difficult to explore a connection that was possibly from a past life? any ideas?

Rayson
8th April 2007, 06:06 AM
Here's a variation on the same idea, which Violetsky sent to me....

////
Hoponopono healing ritual:

Ho'oponopono means 'to make things right'. Haleakala Hew Len Ph.D. is famous for using ho'oponopono to heal and entire ward of criminally insane patients. You can Google harpooning to learn more about it.

Here is the guided meditation:
1. See your self filled with infinite love and light.
2. Create a stage in your mind in front of and below you.
3. Invite the person or thought to the stage that you are not in
alignment with.
4. Say, "I forgive you please forgive me."
5. See the infinite light of love pour over the person onto the stage.
6. Cut the aka.....Release with love and light.

Aka- sticky stuff,shadow. Think of Aka as all the negative things you have thought towards this person. Everything you touch or think about makes an aka connection. Negative thoughts or emotions keep you from seeing the divine within and without you. Cutting the aka allows you to release the person you are healing from your own perceptions. If you chose to create a new connection, it will be healthier because you have left them filled with love and light.
\\\\

Rayson
8th April 2007, 06:12 AM
Cutting cords vs closing cords...

While I think we can all agree that 99% of the time, if there's anything bad flowing between two people, that should be stopped, there's a question of methodology, especially if the relationship isn't always a negative one. As a sidenote- one can flow too much good energy through a cord too- wasting one's own personal resources, while potentially playing enabler to someone who needs to hit a new low in order to realize their problems (as opposed to always being bandaged just enough by someone's energy that they are able to muster on in their same unhealthy patterns).

So- sever or close? Severing, in my opinion, is attempting to fully terminate an energy bond with another person (we're going to skip issues of time and quantem theory here, for this post), while closing a bond limits energy flow, but allows the cord to be reopened later on, if the need should arise. Severing should perhaps be done with decidedly negative forces, particularly people you never intended to form a bond with anyhow. Closing the bond may work better when someone close to you has got to take care of their own negative problems, without spilling out onto you, but you do wish to remain friends, and will more actively participate with them (and thusly their energy) down the road, when it can be done in a healthy manner.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 06:46 AM
This is, exactly what I need.

Years and years of ick between me and literally hundreds of people spanning kindergarten to now need to be cleared out, cut, and in my opinion, evaporated.

I can see where cutting a bundle of cords would be helpful, but I don't want to cut ALL of them- some are draining, yes, but like in the case of my abusive mother, I do not want to cut, I want to heal the bond. Some bonds I want to keep and heal, not cut and close, for they seem to be on a soul-level, like with my mom and my friends.

So, how to do this without specifically going through one-by-one with people I sometimes don't even remember?

:( I know this would solve a lot of problems, but... heck, it seems overwhelming.

journyman161
8th April 2007, 07:41 AM
Disclaimer: understand first I am shy on visualisation. ie. I'm not sure how doable this will be.

It seems to me you should be able to make 2 groups of connections - one set that are negative & the other that are positive. Maybe you could go through some of those you really want to cut contact with & gather them together, then reach into memory & find all relationships that have a similar 'feel' to them
Gather them all to either side of you, or maybe feel the negative ones pulling you from the front (draining you) & the positive connections pushing you from behind (supporting you) & then cut all the ones in front.

Now a point I found when I used the Ninja style - it didn't actually prevent me relating to the person but it DID remove the emotion that was twisting my guts whenever there was contact. So in the case of your mother, you could cut the connections to the past & then work to build a new relationship not soured by the events of the past. It would allow you to deal with her in present time rather than constantly fighting off the web of the past that keeps sucking you back into the old stances.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks :) I'll try that and see if it works- it should work.

Is it possible that the astrals of some of these icky people would respond to a tie being cut? I know in the physical, they loved the power, so would they respond on an astral level if an astral tie was cut?

journyman161
8th April 2007, 07:57 AM
It's possible, but without the hooks into you established over time, your shielding & energy work should be more than enough to send them packing. Mirror shields are good value - whatever they send at you gets reflected straight back at them.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 08:04 AM
Another one about my mother though, I got the mental image of a silver cord connecting me to her from below my navel. What does this mean? I couldn't see where it connected to her, but my guess is it's the same place. I know that's a chakra place but which one?

journyman161
8th April 2007, 08:16 AM
Well there's a chakra 2 inches below the navel, so unless you're being delicate here, wouldn't that be the one?

As for why you're connected to her, I have no idea. If your relationship has been of the turbulent kind, (implied by your comments) maybe it's the chain that binds you? beyond that you will need to find someone with more experience in such things than me.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 08:19 AM
:) Ok. I'll Google what that chakra does.

Rayson
8th April 2007, 06:18 PM
Two inches below the navel is the Tan Tian, which Robert terms the sub-navel storage center.

I'd explore that silver cord first, before doing anything to it, as I'm thinking that might be something different than your average relationship cord.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 10:16 PM
I did a massive "cut" last night, but I'm not sure whether I cut the cord to my mother or not. I don't remember, I was tired and felt I could "cut" the cords.

It's quite possible it is a psychic vamp cord; also, I got the impression it had something to do with my birth from my mother.

Oddly, I had an experience when I was quite small that may have something to do with this. It seems impossible, but I was just out of babyhood and went to a library with my grandfather. I went off on my own and got to the top of the stairs and looked at the hanging sculpture at the top of the stairs. I thought "I just changed universes" and then he came and got me. Now remember, this was most likely at two.

I don't know. I'm a bit afraid of cords...

journyman161
9th April 2007, 12:25 AM
Maybe get in a good powered up state, do some energy work & get relaxed & aware, then see if the cord to your mother is still there. If it is, reach out along it - shields up OK? - & see what kind of a feel it has. If you are perceiving the cord then you should be able to feel an energy flow along it.

I don't know if your mother is astrally aware or not, but there is possibly an innocent interpretation - it could be a 'tag' she put on you when young to make sure she was aware of when you got in trouble or something like that.

A lot depends on who she is & how the two of you related. Only you can answer that.

CFTraveler
9th April 2007, 01:32 AM
Maybe get in a good powered up state, do some energy work & get relaxed & aware, then see if the cord to your mother is still there. If it is, reach out along it - shields up OK? - & see what kind of a feel it has. If you are perceiving the cord then you should be able to feel an energy flow along it.

I don't know if your mother is astrally aware or not, but there is possibly an innocent interpretation - it could be a 'tag' she put on you when young to make sure she was aware of when you got in trouble or something like that.

A lot depends on who she is & how the two of you related. Only you can answer that.
I was trying to find a way to say the same thing. When my son was born, I felt connected to him by the heart chakra. I still do, and know that it is a deep connection (it's still on a psychic level, but that's another thread). Like Jman said, I don't know how your relationship with her is, but it if it has 'survival' characteristics, the connection could be lower, as in survival-oriented (especially if there was conflict and even poverty when you were young- she may have had fears about her ability to take care of you, etc. etc. and it may manifest in this way.)
Just a thought.

Wrong Eye
9th April 2007, 06:11 AM
:( Poverty was ... something that was... well, chronic in my younger life.

When I do the visualization, I see the cord cut, lying on the floor between us, and both of us looking at eachother sadly. It seems like she is holding off crying. I am painfully sad.

I got the sense it was a harmful cord, but on a fundamental level connected me to her by the fact I was born from her.

Is there a possibility I can rely on a cord formed to her by me, and the fact I love her so much?

Edit

Found on the net:

SACRAL PLEXUS CHAKRA-
Located about two inches below the navel. This chakra is responsible for our sexuality, physical vitality, emotions, pleasure, desire, passion, love, change, new ideas, and health. It corresponds with all things forementioned. Stones that open this chakra are carnelian and coral.
Color: Orange, balanced by brown

It was a mother-child cord connecting me to her by virtue of me being born from her, sort of like an umbilical cord. Reliance and dependence probably played a role.

I think it was an example of "an umbilical cord that was never truly broken".

That's all.

faerylight
9th April 2007, 02:56 PM
What's the issue with your Mother, WE?

I've been thinking about cords to family members and wonder if the best way to heal those is to heal the relationship with the family member in a more conventional manner - talking, listening, understanding, forgiving. Sometimes, like in the case with my Mother, that isn't really possible though. I wonder if simply holding the idea of that person in love and understanding might help heal the connections?

Seems it would be almost impossible to permanently sever a cord from someone like your Mother? You will always be her child and she will continue to recreate that cord connection, even after you have severed it on your end.

I don't know, but it seems like the Mother/Child relationship cord is not one that can simply be severed. Cords to past, non-family relationships might be more what this visualization is about, especially if the person is not involved in your life anymore.

CFTraveler
9th April 2007, 03:54 PM
I have to agree here. If the relationship is not good, try to see her from the point of view of love-"raising the vibration" of the relationship, so to speak. You can 'cut' the negative aspects of it, using your visualization, without cutting your ties to her, which as fl said, are 'fundamental', in a way.
If it helps at all, try to think that before you were born, both of you got together in heaven and decided what kinds of lessons you were going to experience together, and what you were going to teach each other.

As a mom, I can tell you that I learn something from my son every day.

Rayson
9th April 2007, 06:04 PM
Do be careful with cutting everyone. Most people don't have the ability or intention set to cut away something in a manner which could be harmful, but some people will be capable of this. Reflect heavily before severing anything or everything. Especially if the cord seems to have unique features.

star
9th April 2007, 06:43 PM
+What about asking your Higher Self for only the cords that you should cut, as opposed to deciding for yourself?

Arch Angel Michael is good for this too, especially if your in the military being that he is the patron of soldiers.

journyman161
9th April 2007, 08:24 PM
I think, if you're seeing the cord as cut & laying between you, that now you could set about reconnecting it on your own terms. This doesn't have to be anything astral - you could simply go see her, sit down with her & chat as adult to adult & see how you go.

I will note your tone with respect to her, your attitude to her seems to have altered. I had the distinct impression earlier your meotions towards her were overlaid by negative feelings or experiences - now I feel there's love there & almost a wistful feel to your writing. I think maybe you've taken the first step to healing things between you.

Just my thoughts on it...

Wrong Eye
10th April 2007, 07:20 AM
To reply to everyone at the same time:

The current situation with Mom is one of past and present issues, both individual to us and shared by virtue of interaction, affecting our relationship even though I am quite sure we love eachother deep down. I have not spoken to her in 3 years, for example.

From now on, I will not cut cords that seem to have an unusual aspect to them before exploring. I have learned that much.

I don't know if I have a Higher Self, being virtually nonhuman except for my physical shell. And for other reasons um...

On a positive note, I know our relationship will heal.

Thanks guys!

Now back on topic perhaps.

CFTraveler
10th April 2007, 01:42 PM
WE wrote:
I don't know if I have a Higher Self, being virtually nonhuman except for my physical shell. And for other reasons um...

On a positive note, I know our relationship will heal. Of course you have a Higher Self. Regardless of your perceived humanity.

star
10th April 2007, 01:51 PM
Your the higher self. just a lower version of it.

heartworkK3xx
6th May 2008, 02:49 AM
I found this exercise while surfing the net. Any opinions about it? I will try this out myself, but just curious what other folks think about it. :)

Before they went into battle, the Ninja warriors had a meditation they performed. The intention was for the warrior to go into battle pure, fighting not for himself but for the good of their clan. To strike down an enemy in anger was considered an impure act. Warriors did not fight because of emotional attachments or a desire for victory, they fought for freedom.

Close your eyes, breathe into your heart, and see yourself with someone you have made a promise to in the past and who, through this gesture, you still feel attached to, even though the relationship itself has ended. In this image, see yourself and the other person sitting together in an empty room. Within this room you (but not the other) also sit within a spiral of protective energy that separates you both.

Look at your bodies and you will see that strands of energy connect you, from your body to his or hers. Notice where these strands connect. This will show you the deeper relationship that existed between you. Is it a heart connection? Sexual? Of the mind? Notice also if there is a discrepancy in where these strands connect (e.g., do they leave your body at the heart but connect to his at the head?). This can suggest where miscommunication is taking place in your relationships or provide insight into where and how your power is taken by others.

When you are ready, say whatever needs to be said to the person in front of you, speaking out loud, so you can forgive or make amends, accept that person’s forgiveness, finish your business together, take back your promises, and say goodbye.

When the time is right, you will see in your hand a sword you can use to cut the ties of energy between you. Breathe in as you do so to reclaim the power that was yours. This does not hurt the other or you; you are simply cutting through energy.

As you free them and yourself from the past, watch the other person drift away from you, becoming more distant until they fade away completely. Gently open your eyes and say out loud “I am free” -and commit to that sentiment.

Repeat this exercise whenever you need to and for every situation in which you feel you gave away your power.

i can't thank you enough. i can't believe it. thanks. i feel rejuvenated already.

heartworkK3xx
7th May 2008, 09:45 PM
hey guys i came up with an addition to this method.
i expanded cord cutting not only for people you gave power away to in the Past but from your Past Selves.
you may still have painful memories from a long time ago that still effect you in the present.
i advanced the method to cut cords of anguish that are tied to yourself.

here's what you do {follow the original cord cutting procedure unless stated otherwise}
this is my situation for example and clarity

i discovered while cord cutting that an image of myself appeared across from me.
i was a bit confused as to what i should do but then two more past selves were revealed.
these signify a part of you that you haven't ever let go... something repressed.
{the three selves i i saw symbolized}
the pain associated with being teased as a child (used to have a speech problem)
the pain of rejection, and lastly trying to impress everyone when i was younger and losing myself in the process.

when visualizing i viewed these three side by side surrounded by a blue shield.
then i confronted each of my inner demons and repeated
"i'll take the lessons i've learned with me but the pain must go" make it mean something to you.

deal with the cords individually or at once note: it might get to intense cutting them all at once.

IMPORTANT: distinguish the self image across from you with the appearance and attitude you had at the time of your inner demons.

cut the cords and combine it with the original method to truly set your heart free.
i'm here to help so feel free to ask for further clarity. good luck. :wink:

CFTraveler
8th May 2008, 02:36 PM
Frankly I wouldn't cut those cords as you described.
If these aspects of you are suppressed or repressed they are already fragmented from you, and should be reintegrated, not cut.
I would approach them, tell them I love them, and hug them- give them the love they didn't get the first time which caused them to close off.
I believe this is called 'reintegrating or meeting' selves.

heartworkK3xx
9th May 2008, 12:23 AM
to each his own. :o

veranadine
9th June 2008, 04:27 PM
This technique sounds very much like the "Astral Cord-Cutting" visualization technique that my Shamanic Healer uses.

This is a very meaningful and serious undertaking designed to cut things on a real, energetic level. It allows you to give the person back the energy that you may have of theirs and to receive in return any energy that they may have of yours.

Its very deep and very powerful as a tool of change and closure. :)

Blessings,

AnimalMagnetism
11th April 2011, 05:32 PM
It is a powerful way of cutting karmic links. Two comments though

1. Instead of visualizing a sword, you can visualize alchemical transmutation flames. The violet flame is very popular, but a teal flame is more powerful. You can visualize a teal flame sword or teal flame scissors.

2. There are various types of connections. Some are positive, some are negative and some are mixed. See the color of each connection and see how it feels. Bright colors are usually positive and dark colors are usually negative. You can cut negative links, keep positive links and partially cut mixed connections.

There's one girl who did that with her sister who was very attached to her. That very same day, her sister said "it's strange... you're right here but I don't feel you. I miss you so much!!" She regained her own energetic integrity and she left space for her sister to find herself.

AnimalMagnetism
13th May 2011, 02:22 AM
I have produced an audio that explains how to heal your karma, how to cut karmic links with the people around you and how to protect yourself energetically, in case some of you are interested!
What is karma and how to heal it (http://www.shamanicattraction.com/blog/2011/05/what-is-karma-and-how-to-heal-it/)

buttercup
7th March 2016, 07:43 AM

"Before they went into battle, the Ninja warriors had a meditation they performed. The intention was for the warrior to go into battle pure, fighting not for himself but for the good of their clan. To strike down an enemy in anger was considered an impure act. Warriors did not fight because of emotional attachments or a desire for victory, they fought for freedom.

When you are ready, say whatever needs to be said to the person in front of you, speaking out loud, so you can forgive or make amends, accept that person's forgiveness, finish your business together, take back your promises, and say goodbye.

As you free them and yourself from the past, watch the other person drift away from you, becoming more distant until they fade away completely. Gently open your eyes and say out loud "I am free" -and commit to that sentiment.

"

This sounds interesting. I wish there was a guided meditation of this.