PDA

View Full Version : Problem projecting

Kittahkatt
25th June 2014, 03:43 AM
Hi! I have been experimenting with lucid dreams and OBE's for a while now. I usually exit my body by shifting, rolling, and sometimes lifting myself out. Yesterday morning I was sleeping on my back when I began to shift over trying to get up. I moved to the side of the bed, put one leg on the ground, balanced myself with my nightstand and stood myself straight up off the ground. When I opened my eyes though I was seeing through my physical body's eyes which was still in bed. I didn't open my eyes at all while getting out of bed trying to exit, and I don't know if this could be linked to the problem I experienced. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem before and how to overcome it?

CFTraveler
25th June 2014, 02:56 PM
This is a very common side effect of experience. Since you don't leave your body empty, you actually expand your energy body and multi-locate.
When you're beginning to project the idea of being in more than one place at the same time is "impossible" to your psyche, your brain serializes the experience by having you shift between points of view, or rearranges the experience so that you remember it sequentially. But when the idea of multi-locating stops being 'impossible' to your conscious mind, you begin 'accepting' information from all your bodies that are conscious- and you start to experience bilocation and sometimes tri-location. The only way I have been able to deal with this successfully is to make the experience more mental (using exit techniques that involve less movement and more 'being') and becoming more of an observer in this state.

Kittahkatt
26th June 2014, 08:57 PM
This is a very common side effect of experience. Since you don't leave your body empty, you actually expand your energy body and multi-locate.
When you're beginning to project the idea of being in more than one place at the same time is "impossible" to your psyche, your brain serializes the experience by having you shift between points of view, or rearranges the experience so that you remember it sequentially. But when the idea of multi-locating stops being 'impossible' to your conscious mind, you begin 'accepting' information from all your bodies that are conscious- and you start to experience bilocation and sometimes tri-location. The only way I have been able to deal with this successfully is to make the experience more mental (using exit techniques that involve less movement and more 'being') and becoming more of an observer in this state.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if this was normal or not lol but nothing is really "normal" about OBE's anyways so it makes sense for it to be a common occurrence.

CFTraveler
27th June 2014, 04:37 PM
Ain't that the truth. :D

tpratt
27th June 2014, 07:47 PM
Maybe you should spend some more time meditating to prepare yourself for the experience. This could help with making it more "mental" as stated above.