PDA

View Full Version : Am I having an OBE?

khkh8509
29th June 2014, 12:29 AM
These 'strange' things have been happening to me for many years now. I've never been able to fully describe them to anybody. I've had long periods where nothing at all has happened and then they'll start again, each time becomming stronger and stronger and the fight to 'come back' is harder.

I believe they all started with an episode of sleep paralysis when I was in my teens (I'm 29 now). This has to have been the most frightening experience of my life! I've had this several times since and during it, I cannot move and try to scream but nothing comes out, but there is also a heavy, dark feeling of negativity - an entity with me which I cannot see but feel and it's holding me down. I'm also taken back to the house I grew up in. I've not had this for a couple of years now. The last time I did, I had 'something' say to me "don't fight, just relax" and I somehow managed to relax out of it.

However, I've been having these other experiences which are becomming very intense. It always happens either during or around sleep except I'm very aware, it's very life-like. I get 'woken up' by these very deep buzzing sounds, they're so intense that they start to shake my entire body. I'm pretty sure if someone was observing it'd look like I was having a fit. It's almost as if electricity is running through me. As soon as I hear them now I automatically think "oh no, here we go" as I don't seem to be able to fully stop it. With the buzzing, I sometimes hear distant voices which seem familiar to me, but I can't place whose they are.

All I can do now is decribe the last 2 incidents of what happens next - theyre all different. One time I'd fallen asleep on the chair in my living room. My little boy was in bed asleep. I'd woken up and was aware of my body dreaming, but "I" was not dreaming and was walking around. I went to check on my little boy but he wasn't asleep in his own bed where he usually is - I found him in my bed but my bed had been moved to the other side of the room and I felt incredibly confused. I then came back to the living area and heard the tap water turn on in the kitchen. I went to check and the tap had also moved from where it normally is and I began to get scared. During all of this, my body actually hadn't moved from the chair, although I was so disorientated when I snapped out of it that it took me some time to realise this.

I was also, during the same incident, drifting back to another 'life' where there was a war going on and I was responsible for all these animals. We were trying to flee something. We hardly had any food and I was feeding crisps to the cats I had with me and found it odd how cats would eat crisps. It was evidence of how hungry they were. I was with somebody but I cannot place who, although they were familiar to me there.

During both of these, I was slipping back to reality. The only way I can describe it was - I was in 3 different worlds / places all at the same time and in each, reality was different.

I had one last night where (after all the initial buzzing sounds / shaking etc) I got out of bed and went looking for my little boy. He wasn't anywhere to be seen and I was really panicking. My sister was there helping me to look for him and it became apparent that he wasn't in "this world". As I drifted in and out of this state, I was scared and my REAL body got my cell phone so I could call my partner for help. I was laying in bed holding this phone and looking at it. But, the phone kept disappearing and re-appearing as I seemingly floated between 'worlds'. In this world the phone existed - in the other it didn't. 'Something' was telling me I had to go somewhere and I was shouting "no I'm going to be who I am" and was fighting to stay in this world. At another point I recall being unable to move and thinking "so this is what dying must feel like" and with that, I became angry and fought harder, again shouting "no I am going to be who I am" and then I managed to bring myself back round and wake properly - although it took some time, I felt disorientated for quite a while.

These experiences are becomming more frequent and each time I struggle to get myself out of it. Every time I am scared (of the unknown I think) and did some research on google today where I came across this site.

I'm not sure they are out of body experiences as I seem to be both in my physical mind and yet elsewhere all at the same time and my 'consciousness' (ie which part im in) shifts from one to the other throughout leaving me terribly confused as reality changes with each moment.

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts or opinions.

Thank you.

IA56
29th June 2014, 05:54 AM
Hi khkh8509,
I have also had that kind of experinces to be in 3 places at the same time. I have come to this conclusion, that painful happenings in my early childhood made me split up my mind and created separate worlds to flew into when the reality or the outer world become hostile or hard to be in....In some of the worlds I was able to hear the reality also, but some of them was so "far" away that the reality did not reach out there so to speak. As we are very capable to create inner worlds and also many time´s do in our dreams and therefore are not always aware what we have created and we do think when we enter these realms more consiously we think it is "real" and not of own creations.
It depends totally what has happened and what kind of inviroment we are grown up in...and many time´s we have bean so succesful that the denial is total, and I mean that we have re-placed the bad things with good, and to survive we had to think that the beating drunk father is a good father, and that he has never harmed anyone, this is the survival creating in the reality and we do really forget to survive.

I do not say this is your reality, I am talking about what I have dicovered to be true for me and how I survived in my childhood inviroment.

Love
ia

CFTraveler
29th June 2014, 03:40 PM
Dear k:
Yes, your experiences have all the hallmarks of OBE. If you read the stickied thread entitled "Your First conscious projection (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?3522-Your-First-Conscious-Projection)" you will see much of what you have described in it, and for more information on the, articles section of the website under' Treatise on Astral Projection' -under' Alice in Wonderland' effect. (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?193-Part-1)

tpratt
2nd July 2014, 09:39 PM
Wow that's amazing. I've never heard of someone being in 3 places at once. Even on the astral plane!