PDA

View Full Version : With harm to none/for the highest good of all concerned question

josh437781
9th July 2014, 07:15 PM
It seems that I have an underlying belief that everything I do-- or at least nearly everything I do (including manifestation) causes some form of harm to someone somewhere in the universe. I do not know if this is the case or if it would be if i changed my beliefs, but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for using manifestation in a way that is harmless in the situation i am in-- weather anyone can suggest beleifs that I should change or precautions I can take, that would be very helpful.

Also, there is the consideration involving beliefs that do not do not directly relate to the two phrases in the title but are more subtle. Does anyone have any suggestions for pinpointing other beliefs that can cause manifestations to cause suffering either to the manifestor or others?

Lionheart
9th July 2014, 08:53 PM
From my experience with years of Magick, every time you create a "thoughtform", you should end your intent with "with harm to none and only Peace and Harmony in the Multiverse, so mote it be, so it is done".

Laugh if you may, but I have seen countless people that have asked/wished for bettering their own position, just to see them get their wish, but see someone else get hurt because of it. A good example is wishing for wealth and having something happen to a immediate family member or even themselves. Sure they get the money, but now they have to live with a whole new problem.

I always say, be careful what you wish for. Look at the areas of the country and world that get severe Droughts, then on a dime it turns into a deluge of water and now they have a new problem. Southern Minnesota just experienced this recently. A very strong Spring drought which got all the farmers worried quickly turned to completely flooded out fields.

People need to learn how to "trust in the Multiverse".

CFTraveler
9th July 2014, 09:14 PM
I think this comes from the belief we learn as children that there is only 'so much' in the universe and no more, and we are inculcated with the idea that if we 'use too much' then someone else will do without. This idea is so ground-in that it is hard to get out of even when we can tell this is not so- that the universe is too vast for us to make any kind of dent in the balance, if there is such a thing, and that creation is happening constantly, therefore this idea is not valid from a metaphysical point of view.
If you can erode this idea or debunk it in your own mind, other beliefs that come from this one start to topple one by one.

John Sorensen
10th July 2014, 07:59 AM
It seems that I have an underlying belief that everything I do-- or at least nearly everything I do (including manifestation) causes some form of harm to someone somewhere in the universe. I do not know if this is the case or if it would be if i changed my beliefs, but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for using manifestation in a way that is harmless in the situation i am in-- weather anyone can suggest beliefs that I should change or precautions I can take, that would be very helpful.

Also, there is the consideration involving beliefs that do not do not directly relate to the two phrases in the title but are more subtle. Does anyone have any suggestions for pinpointing other beliefs that can cause manifestations to cause suffering either to the manifestor or others?

You create your personal reality, other people create their personal reality. The shared reality we experience is where their reality and yours meet, you could not encounter someone whose reality did not share something of your own, for all intents and purposes they would exist in another dimension and you would never even meet them.

Everyone you interact with already has shared beliefs or values, otherwise you would never even meet them. You are responsible for you, and not to blame for what someone else chooses to experience in their personal reality.

You have the power to live your own life and think your own thoughts and feel your own feelings, but you do not have the power to do that for another individual.

You are loved and valued, and whatever state you are creating within yourself know that is is your personal beliefs and that you can change them to whatever you prefer whenever you feel like it, there are no limits.

ButterflyWoman
10th July 2014, 08:40 AM
There's also an underlying belief here that there is "higher good" and there is "harm". Is there, really? What you consider "harm" might end up being the catalyst for amazing change and healing for someone. What you consider "higher good" might end up contributing to someone never living up to their potential because they didn't have to. These are only a couple of possible examples, as it's really infinite.

At one time, I held a belief in "highest good" and similar concepts, but that's pretty much gone now. I still choose to do certain things and to refrain from others, because of the character I choose to play, to be. But what is "good" and "evil"? I certainly don't know any more.

The farther one travels, the less one knows. The less one really knows. (George Harrison, paraphrasing Hindu scriptures.)

ButterflyWoman
12th July 2014, 05:27 PM
I don't "believe" in any sort of morality. The words used were conventions and limitation of language to give a general context. Throw them away if they are of no use.
I do. And I understand that, and uhm, I wasn't actually replying to your post, directly. I would have quoted you if I was. ;) (Just in case you thought I was arguing with you or something. I assure you I was not. My thoughts were entirely random ones that wanted to be expressed on the general topic of "highest good", so I did so.)

wstein
13th July 2014, 02:00 AM
It seems that I have an underlying belief that everything I do-- or at least nearly everything I do (including manifestation) causes some form of harm to someone somewhere in the universe. As each in the universe views its current state from its own perspective and interests, chances are that every situation is viewed as negative somewhere and every change as inducing more negativity into the situation (also true for positivity). Most would consider negatively impacting a situation as harm. Pretty much its beyond any mortal's scope to be able to weigh all that out for the vast if not infinite number of those affected.

The very act of being a living animal, in the sense it occurs on Earth, guarantees that you need to kill in order to survive. Whatever you ate would be harmed (from its perspective).

Some view the concept of 'harm' as limited to the 'manifest' part of reality. As such the spiritual aspect can not be harmed.