PDA

View Full Version : Energy shift

Vilkate
17th July 2006, 09:17 AM
Dear AD friends,

I wanted to turn your attention to a phenomenon many I know have encountered with in the last few days, and simultaneously get you opinion of it.

Before a month or so I got a sudden feeling that something big is going to happen, and this feeling stayed with me all the time. Two days ago, I suddenly almost collapsed with powerful energy surges - there were absolutely no pre-sensations. Incredible heat was running through my body, and, at moments, I really felt as if I was breathing fire. I have not checked this yet, but, as far as I felt, the temperature of my physical body was also very high. All my chakras burst open very widely, and I could almost hear them buzzing, and energy whirpools spinning at incredible speed. I also saw lights around me, as if flashes of lightning, and had a "feeling of universe", unity with life. This experience lasted from 6 PM till 4 AM, with various degrees of intensity.
The same thing repeated after 16 hours, but even stronger.
Now, less than 12 hours passed, and I feel it starting again. (new symptoms, sudden muscle twitching)
During these days, I have changed my daily life without any apparent reason - I have almost stopped eating (and never feel hunger or weakness), wake up at very early hours (this is highly uncharacteristic for me), and more.
Of course, some may say that this might be just a seizure of some kind, a nervous attack; however, as I said before, others have started experiencing this, too. A very good friend of mine has the same sensations as I do, only a bit milder (interestingly, our surges start at the same time), two other friends experience the heat, sometimes headaches and pressure on chakras, others report increased interest in spirituality, meditation (though it wasn't characteristic for them before), increased intuition, and another girl suddenly started vomiting and lost consciousness, although she is perfectly healthy.

At this point, I have gained interest of what others have been feeling in the previous days. Any new sensations? Uncharacteristic behavior? Just opinions? I am really looking forwards to see your thoughts.

P.S. - I apologize for the lenghty post.

Vilkate
17th July 2006, 12:14 PM
Just a quick note - another friend of mine woke up at 2:30 AM with no reason, and had interesting, but mild sensations, I am currently having another mild wave (the second today), two of my friends started having it simultaneously as I did.
I also checked my temperature - I am at perfect health; however, it is 37,5 by Celsius (my normal is 36,5 , so...)

Alex - I think this is connected with the global energy shift, the change of poles and spiritual awakening. Interesting that this starts in such intensity right before year 2007, which is by some thought to be the beggining of the end of this world. (To my mind, "the end" will actually be transformation of the world's energies to a higher, more pure level)

Please, whoever thinks he/she experiences something similar, let us know! I realize it is global, and I want to check HOW global it is...

CFTraveler
17th July 2006, 01:28 PM
My life is in turmoil right now, so I can't tell if what is happening to me is totally caused by what's happening, but in the interest of statistics, I'll report that I've been sleeping in two-hour shifts, getting up very early and then collapsing in the afternoon. This has been going on since last thursday.
Then again, if this is the beginning of some sort of energetic shift, then what is externally happening could be the result of all this- "things coming up to be healed".

Vilkate
17th July 2006, 07:15 PM
Bingo, you feel it too, CF! Almost everybody I've questioned reports getting up at unusual hours, mostly very early in the morning.

17th July 2006, 07:21 PM
I've been having spontaneous Kundalini risings, even though I don't have a clue what Kundalini is. Also, wild dreams, heart chakra explosions, mood swings, many moments of feeling "removed?" from my emotions and just observing, you name it. Pretty weird.

17th July 2006, 07:25 PM
My sleep has been screwy, but not sure exactly what it's from. :?
I will get to bed and then about an hour later wake up again. I have to get up and do something, then I can finally get to sleep for real. Been waking up around 4AM then having to drift off again.

There have been a few nights these last few weeks where I slept pretty soundly, but not enough if you ask me - I'm tired!!

Last late December I felt a major energy shift, but not sure if it was happening in the environment or just me. I was lit up like a Christmas Tree, spewing energy everywhere. I remember during this surge, I had to go to a car repair place. I remember an old man coming by and talking about some millionare he knew that still drove an old beat up car - so as not to advertise how much money he had. That sticks in my mind very strongly. Strange...

Vilkate
18th July 2006, 01:03 AM
So, I am summing up the symptoms I've observed up to now... Note:all of them start mostly all of a sudden.

1. changes in diet, from meat eating to vegetarism or veganism;
2. unusual waking hours, most often very early in the morning (2-6 AM)
3. surges of inner heat (which results also in increased body temperature)
4. strong activity of chakras
5. feeling of longing for something far, "home"
6. emotional surges (from tears to laughter in matter of minutes, or without any apparent reason)in case there are some emotional blocks in the one who experiences this
7. twitching mucles, trembling limbs,
8. old ilnesses suddenly gain power, tu disappear after a while;
9. feeling of not belonging to your body or physical earth as such;
10. Increased interest in meditation and spiritual development

so, these are the most common ones..

CFTraveler
18th July 2006, 01:18 AM
Well, I won't be that much help, 'cause:

So, I am summing up the symptoms I've observed up to now... Note:all of them start mostly all of a sudden.

1. changes in diet, from meat eating to vegetarism or veganism; I do this every three months and then cycle back. Now I'm almost vegetarian again.

2. unusual waking hours, most often very early in the morning (2-6 AM) That's definitely begun happenning.

3. surges of inner heat (which results also in increased body temperature) That one too, but not often.

4. strong activity of chakras Not really.

5. feeling of longing for something far, "home" Almost always have had it- but 'home' (where I was born) isn't it.

6. emotional surges (from tears to laughter in matter of minutes, or without any apparent reason)in case there are some emotional blocks in the one who experiences this What I have is conflicting emotions about things that are happenning, making it very difficult for me to process them correctly. I need time by myself to sort them out, but also haven't had adequate time to do so.

7. twitching mucles, trembling limbs, Have had that all my life- I always have something twitching or trembling. I think I'm going to have Parkinson's when I get old(er).

8. old ilnesses suddenly gain power, tu disappear after a while; I hope not. But I do need to lose weight.

9. feeling of not belonging to your body or physical earth as such; Since I was very little.

so, these are the most common ones.. Let's hope whatever this means it's good.

18th July 2006, 01:21 AM

1. changes in diet, from meat eating to vegetarism or veganism;
6. emotional surges (from tears to laughter in matter of minutes, or without any apparent reason)in case there are some emotional blocks in the one who experiences this
7. twitching mucles, trembling limbs,

so, these are the most common ones..

I can relate to the ones I have put in bold. :) ATM, I cannot relate to the others, but, have felt those very strongly within the last few months, intensely so, but then, I was under attack too, so I don't know the exact cause of the emotional stuff, could be those natural feelings were being exploited and exaggerated? Hmm...

Have you seen this?

12 Symptoms of Your Awakening Divinity

The Shaumbra (Lightworkers) Symptoms

By Geoffrey Hoppe and Tobias

1.) Body aches and pains, especially in the neck, shoulder and back. This is the result of intense changes at your spiritual DNA level as the "Divine seed" awakens within. This too shall pass.

2.) Feeling of deep inner sadness for no apparent reason. You are releasing your past (this lifetime and others) and this causes the feeling of sadness. This is similar to the experience of moving from a house where you lived in for many, many years into a new house. As much as you want to move into the new house, there is a sadness of leaving behind the memories, energy and experiences of the old house. This too shall pass.

3.) Crying for no apparent reason. Similar to #2 above. It’s good and healthy to let the tears flow. It helps to release the old energy within. This too shall pass.

4.) Sudden change in job or career. A very common symptom. As you change, things around you will change as well. Don’t worry about finding the "perfect" job or career right now. This too shall pass. You’re in transition and you may make several job changes before you settle into one that fits your passion.

5.)Withdrawal from family relationships. You are connected to your biological family via old karma. When you get off the karmic cycle, the bonds of the old relationships are released. It will appear as though you are drifting away from your family and friends. This too shall pass. After a period of time, you may develop a new relationship with them if it is appropriate. However, the relationship will be based in a new energy without the karmic attachments.

6.) Unusual sleep patterns. It’s likely that you’ll awaken many nights between 2:00 – 4:00 AM. There’s a lot of work going on within you, and it often causes you to wake up for a "breather." Not to worry. If you can’t go back to sleep, get up and do something rather than lay in bed and worry about humanly things. This too shall pass.

7.) Intense dreams. These might include war and battle dreams, chase dreams or monster dreams. You are literally releasing the old energy within, and these energies of the past are often symbolized as wars, running to escape and boogiemen. This too shall pass.

8.) Physical disorientation. At times you’ll feel very ungrounded. You’ll be "spatially challenged" with the feeling like you can’t put two feet on the ground, or that you’re walking between two worlds. As your consciousness transitions into the new energy, you body sometimes lags behind. Spend more time in nature to help ground the new energy
within. This too shall pass.

9.) Increased "self talk." You’ll find yourself talking to your Self more often. You’ll suddenly realize you’ve been chattering away with yourself for the past 30 minutes. There is a new level of communication taking place within your being, and you’re experiencing the tip of the iceberg with the self talk. The conversations will increase, and they will become more fluid, more coherent and more insightful. You’re not going crazy, you’re just Shaumbra (Lightworkers) moving into the new energy.

10.) Feelings of loneliness, even when in the company of others. You may feel alone and removed from others. You may feel the desire to "flee" groups and crowds. As Shaumbra (Lightworkers), you are walking a sacred and lonely path. As much as the feelings of loneliness cause you anxiety, it is difficult to relate to others at this time. The feelings of loneliness are also associated with the fact that your Guides have started. They have been with you on all of your journeys in all of your lifetimes. It was time for them to back away so you could fill your space with your own divinity. This too shall pass. The void within will be filled with the love and energy of your own True Divinity.

11.) Loss of passion. You may feel totally disimpassioned, with little or no desire to do anything. That’s OK, and it’s just part of the process. Take this time to "do no-thing." Don’t fight yourself on this, because this too shall pass. It’s similar to rebooting a computer. You need to shut down for a brief period of time in order to load the sophisticated new software, or in this case, the Divine-Self energy.

12.) A deep longing to go Home.This is perhaps the most difficult and challenging of any of the conditions. You may experience a deep and overwhelming desire to leave the planet and return to Home. This is not a "suicidal" feeling. It is not based in anger or frustration. You don’t want to make a big deal of it or cause drama for yourself or other. There is a quiet part of you that wants to go Home. The root cause for this is quite simple. You have completed your karmic cycles. You have
completed your contract for this lifetime. You are ready to begin a new lifetime while still in this physical body. During this transition process, you have an inner remembrances of what it is like to be on the other side. Are you ready to enlist for another tour of duty here on Earth? Are you ready to take on the challenges of moving into the New Energy? Yes, indeed you could go Home right now. But you’ve come this far, and after many, many lifetimes it would be a shame to leave before the end of the movie. Besides, Spirit needs you here to help others transition into this new energy. They will need a human guide, just like you, who has taken the journey from the old energy into the new. The path you’re walking right now provides the experiences to enable you to become a Teacher of the New Divine Human. As lonely and dark as your journey can be at times, remember that you are never alone.

Copyright 2001by Geoffrey Hoppe, Golden, CO. Prepared in collaboration with Tobias of the Crimson Circle. Please distribute freely for non-commercial purposes.

18th July 2006, 01:24 AM
Some also say these symptoms are a sign of Kundalini awakening (NOT the same as Kundalini rising :wink: ). I distinctly remember the "wanting to go home" feeling related to Kundalini, but, this is just a theory.

kiwibonga
18th July 2006, 02:15 AM
Wow... I've been "complaining" of the same things lately... For the past two days I've had different weird things happen to me...

For one, "things" are trying to tell me things in my sleep... I find myself in 3D blackness and patches of light are bringing an important message, although I can never remember what it is about. There was a website address I was supposed to visit, but I forgot to write it down and went back to sleep...

Secondly, I've had several alien-related dreams... I'm not a "UFO freak" or anything, and this is really unexpected, first I saw aliens in my room, and the next night I was telekinetically pulling a UFO towards me from the stars...

And so, what I've been feeling recently is very similar to a deep sensation of stress, like a knot in my stomach and intense pressure. My heart skips beats every now and then... It feels like anxiety without a particular reason.

In order to make it go away, all I have to do is take a walk, and it "regulates."

So hmm... Think this is the same thing as you guys?

Vilkate
18th July 2006, 10:23 AM
Exactly. Seems we're into what seems to be, most probably, global awakening. Just for the sake of interest, maybe you could question some spiritual and not-that-spiritual people outside these forums, maybe there are more symptoms or sensations to be listed... :roll:

CFTraveler
18th July 2006, 09:48 PM
Wow... I've been "complaining" of the same things lately... For the past two days I've had different weird things happen to me...

For one, "things" are trying to tell me things in my sleep... I find myself in 3D blackness and patches of light are bringing an important message, although I can never remember what it is about. There was a website address I was supposed to visit, but I forgot to write it down and went back to sleep... I have had some haggy things (ugly women haggy) talking to me and trying to grab my neck. This happened a few times and I finally got up and prayed and cleared and this morning I was on full-on anxiety mode but the feeling has started to abate, like I'm 'calming down' and feeling lighter.

And so, what I've been feeling recently is very similar to a deep sensation of stress, like a knot in my stomach and intense pressure. My heart skips beats every now and then... It feels like anxiety without a particular reason. That's how I've been all week, but with a reason.

In order to make it go away, all I have to do is take a walk, and it "regulates." I swam in the pool and it helped.

So hmm... Think this is the same thing as you guys? In general terms, yes.

Vilkate
19th July 2006, 11:04 PM
Another observation - currently everybody I know is having a pause in these feelings. How about you?

Dsmoke
20th July 2006, 01:13 AM
Interesting idea! Hrm. It's difficult for me to answer this because I am in the midst of a health crisis that includes some of these things as purely physical symptoms.

1. changes in diet, from meat eating to vegetarism or veganism.
I have been told in my meditations that I am devoting more of my time and energy to energetic pursuits, and my body no longer wants to waste time and energy on detoxing from bad food choices. So I have to be very careful about what I put in my body. I almost landed in the ER today because I wasn't paying attention. But although I have an emotional desire to avoid meat, my body does not seem to agree.

I have always woken up between 3 and 5:30am, so I can't say this is new.

Yes, but that is likely part of the physical problem. It's pretty intense - I feel like my head is on fire.

Yes, major brow activity 2 nights ago.

Yes, in a cultural sense. It was quite pronounced on Sunday. I was very depressed.

See above.

7. twitching mucles, trembling limbs
No, fortunately

Um ... God, I really hope this is what's happening! That means it will go away soon!

Nope.

It's been that way for a few years now, so I can't claim that it's new or increased.

20th July 2006, 01:23 AM
1. changes in diet, from meat eating to vegetarism or veganism.

I have been told in my meditations that I am devoting more of my time and energy to energetic pursuits, and my body no longer wants to waste time and energy on detoxing from bad food choices. So I have to be very careful about what I put in my body. I almost landed in the ER today because I wasn't paying attention. But although I have an emotional desire to avoid meat, my body does not seem to agree.

OMG!! :shock: I received that exact same info last weekish. It was explained to me that the energy from fruits and vegetables is, like, higher quality energy, or something like that. There was more to it, but you get the point - it was along the same lines of what your talking about. I was standing in my kitchen, comtemplating my eating habits, then I received this info. Hard to explain. Cool beans man!

Good lord, sorry to hear about the ER incident. Are you OK?

star
20th July 2006, 01:24 AM
!!

CFTraveler
20th July 2006, 01:29 AM
I'm starting to feel better. I start out with anxiety in the am but feel better a few hours later. And the 'foreboding' feeling is almost gone. There is a 'lifting.' I'll let you know how the dreams go tonight.

Dsmoke
20th July 2006, 01:54 AM
It was explained to me that the energy from fruits and vegetables is, like, higher quality energy, or something like that.

Yes, this is the balance I am trying to find right now. Cool that you got that info, too!

Good lord, sorry to hear about the ER incident. Are you OK?
Yep, fine. I just have to figure out how to adjust my eating habits to accomodate for this, or I will crash and pass out. I have a great nutritionist who gave me helpful suggestions today.

20th July 2006, 02:00 AM
Yep, fine. I just have to figure out how to adjust my eating habits to accomodate for this, or I will crash and pass out. I have a great nutritionist who gave me helpful suggestions today.

Good, glad you're OK. :D

Rayson
20th July 2006, 02:38 AM
OMG!! I received that exact same info last weekish. It was explained to me that the energy from fruits and vegetables is, like, higher quality energy, or something like that. There was more to it, but you get the point - it was along the same lines of what your talking about. I was standing in my kitchen, comtemplating my eating habits, then I received this info. Hard to explain. Cool beans man!

Jesus- me too... last week... told in a reiki session by the healer that I should make sure not to be eating meat and bad food.

Wowza

(sidenote- I'm with PHG a bit on this one I think- try parting me with my meat and you'll be parting with your arms... not that I eat much meat at all, but I want/need to get some, so...)

Dsmoke
20th July 2006, 02:46 AM
Oh, I should be clear that I wasn't specifically told not to eat meat - I was actually told about not ingesting toxins (including a few that are healthy for others but not for me), junk food, additives, etc.

My natural inclination is to avoid too much meat and dairy, though I have to figure out how to do this without getting sick.

20th July 2006, 02:57 AM
My message also included something like about how one can easily be 'poisoned' by lower quality foods. Hmm, now that I think about it, this really can be translated into toxins. I interpreted it differently at the time, but now it makes much more sense.

Curious indeed guys.

About the meat - I am no vegetarian either. I have an emotional issue with it sometimes, and sometimes, it does gross me out. But, I do like meat. I think the way it's prepared is important. No breading, not fried, but clean, grilled, leaner meats is better.

Also, it strikes me that this info is not exactly new. What made it different for me was the way I received it - I was clearly being told this, like I was getting a 'talking to' about it, ya know?

kiwibonga
1st August 2006, 01:25 AM
So... Any updates on this?

I'm still experiencing weird things and nightmares, so I don't know if I'm reaching a turning point in my development, or if there is a global phenomenon taking place...

Palehorse Redivivus
1st August 2006, 07:09 AM
I don't know whether it's related to what you guys are talking about or not, but over the past few days I've had almost continuous sensations of deja vu, or something like it. At times it's as often as every few minutes, and other times a single "event" will last for a few minutes. I've come to interpret deja vu as a prearranged moment in time that one moves through, and thus a sign that one is still on their Path or otherwise right where they need to be at that moment, so I'm seeing it as a good thing. Especially so, since I'm away from home on the tail end of a trip that I strongly felt "needed to happen" for reasons that go way beyond just a fun vacation, even while it was in the planning stage.

But all the same, it's maaadness I tells ye. :shock:

Addendum: as I was finishing up this post I started feeling like I'd posted something like it already, heh. *just shakes head*

1st August 2006, 02:39 PM
I don't know whether it's related to what you guys are talking about or not, but over the past few days I've had almost continuous sensations of deja vu, or something like it. At times it's as often as every few minutes, and other times a single "event" will last for a few minutes. I've come to interpret deja vu as a prearranged moment in time that one moves through, and thus a sign that one is still on their Path or otherwise right where they need to be at that moment, so I'm seeing it as a good thing. Especially so, since I'm away from home on the tail end of a trip that I strongly felt "needed to happen" for reasons that go way beyond just a fun vacation, even while it was in the planning stage.

But all the same, it's maaadness I tells ye. :shock:

Addendum: as I was finishing up this post I started feeling like I'd posted something like it already, heh. *just shakes head*

Wow Palehorse...

I like what RB has to say about Deja Vu :

...Deja Vu involves precognition of a future event. This is like a memory that arises, triggered by an event. The thing that goes against the scientific 'best guess' you mention, is that often when a Deja vu event begins, you know what is going to happen next. So there is more to it than a mental processing glitch.

A Deja Vu experience is a trigger. Every minute of every day we are faced with a multitude of choices and these choices are influenced by a multitude of influences and seemingly random factors. And we all have free will to make those choices freely.

When a Deja Vu experience occurs, this indicates that you have made a choice that has taken you to the scene where the experience will occur. For some reason this is important to your life, even though the event may be trivial. The flood of memory, Deja Vu, indicates that a consciousness seed has been triggered. This changes your inbuilt set of attractions and repulsions, the essence of intuition and gut feelings. This changes how we act and react to life events, which also changes how everyone else will act and react towards you. This subtly changes your future.

Basically, Deja Vu is a symptom of the guiding forces of life at work.

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... light=deja (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2884&highlight=deja)

and

Read part 5 of Astral Dynamics = The Akashic Connection

Deja Vu is the realization that you are seeing an event for the second time. This can include people, but usually relates to an event where, half way through it, you remember experiencing it before and you know what will happen next.

Frequent Deja Vu would indicate that ones life is undergoing many life path changes.

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... light=deja (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1990&highlight=deja)

Curious indeed. :D

Palehorse Redivivus
1st August 2006, 06:30 PM
Oooo, thanks for the excerpts. Very interesting stuff, and the whole "one's life undergoing many life path changes" definitely fits with current running themes. Then again, I feel like I've been in a weird state of transition for almost a year and a half, and every time I think things are about to settle down finally, it all gets blenderized again, and things get even more bizarre. Hell, I can't even take normal vacations anymore! :lol: The jury's still out on where all this is ultimately headed, but as long as I'm still having fun (most of the time) I suppose I'll just enjoy the ride. And keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't end in DOOM! Heh.

1st August 2006, 07:05 PM
Palehorse said:
Oooo, thanks for the excerpts. Very interesting stuff, and the whole "one's life undergoing many life path changes" definitely fits with current running themes. Then again, I feel like I've been in a weird state of transition for almost a year and a half, and every time I think things are about to settle down finally, it all gets blenderized again, and things get even more bizarre. Hell, I can't even take normal vacations anymore! The jury's still out on where all this is ultimately headed, but as long as I'm still having fun (most of the time) I suppose I'll just enjoy the ride. And keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't end in DOOM! Heh.Exactly same here. :shock: Speaking of un-normal vacations, my husband thinks I'm nuts...my next planned vacation is in October. I'm going to the Robert Monroe Institute. I'm fairly certain that my path isn't ending in DOOM! But, one never knows. :lol:

Palehorse Redivivus
1st August 2006, 07:36 PM
Exactly same here. :shock: Speaking of un-normal vacations, my husband thinks I'm nuts...my next planned vacation is in October. I'm going to the Robert Monroe Institute. I'm fairly certain that my path isn't ending in DOOM! But, one never knows. :lol:

Dooood, I wanna go there! *crawls into your luggage when you're not looking*

But eh, I suppose if I/we do end up with DOOM!, I'll be in good company. *optimistic!* :P

Vilkate
2nd August 2006, 08:15 PM
Update from me - my folks and I had a pause in these sensations; however, they returned to all of us a few days ago - simultaneously.

I have also noticed increased neg activity, many of my friends report this.

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 08:54 PM
Something I would like to add is that just over the past week or so I have had this desire, no a need or a longing to move. I mean move drastically like anywhere but where I am. I feel as though I need a major change or overhaul in my life. Like I want to slow down and enjoy, get out of this rat race and away from people. Run, you know.. get the heck out of dodge.

Anyone else?

Palehorse Redivivus
2nd August 2006, 09:25 PM
I have also noticed increased neg activity, many of my friends report this.

Yep. In my case it was my first time having to deal with them directly, and knowing what I was dealing with -- three unrelated incidents within about a week, around three weeks ago.

Something I would like to add is that just over the past week or so I have had this desire, no a need or a longing to move. I mean move drastically like anywhere but where I am. I feel as though I need a major change or overhaul in my life. Like I want to slow down and enjoy, get out of this rat race and away from people. Run, you know.. get the heck out of dodge.

I'm in the process of trying to figure out the logistics of a relocation too. I've been wanting to for about a year, but now it's starting to look at least somewhat more realistic. Ridiculously crowded soCal is like sensory overload for me; I'm looking to head up north somewhere that's less so, slower paced and basically start over. At this point I have no idea how I'm gonna pull it off for a lot of reasons -- only that I need to, and I will.

All us crazy AD people should start a commune! :P

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 09:42 PM
Hey! I'm from SoCal also!

Perhaps it's the heat and the humidity that's driving us away? Nah I think it's the overpopulation that overstimulates. I too have been looking else where, mainly north.

2nd August 2006, 09:46 PM
I'm a transplant myself from San Diego. I now live near Seattle, WA. It's definitely different up here...

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 09:51 PM
Seattle is nice! I am still living in the center of the chili bowl. Temecula vicinity to me more accurate.

2nd August 2006, 10:04 PM
Come on up to the San Francisco bay area for Robert's workshop in October. You can scope it out while you're here! Much less crazyness than the L.A. area. Especially around Berkeley. Crazies fit in nicely there. :wink: I'm about fifteen minutes from Berkeley. You can drive thirty minutes anywhere in a radius and go from posh, upscale neighborhoods to hippie dippie freakin' places, to intellectual bastions, to nature lovin' hiker's paradise, to sailing on the Bay and ocean, to San Francisco cosmopolitan theatres and restaurants, to beautiful wineries, to the local New Age bookstore.... I could go on, but you get the picture.

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 10:09 PM
For lack of admitted laziness at the moment, when exactly is the workshop in October?

It does sound interesting though. My in laws live in Sac. just an exit north of downtown.. so it's not entirely out of the question to go. Perhaps I should get off my duff and just look here at the site eh?

I like San Fran though, only been there a few times, but liked it!

2nd August 2006, 10:09 PM
Come on up to the San Francisco bay area for Robert's workshop in October. You can scope it out while you're here! Much less crazyness than the L.A. area. Especially around Berkeley. Crazies fit in nicely there. :wink: I'm about fifteen minutes from Berkeley. You can drive thirty minutes anywhere in a radius and go from posh, upscale neighborhoods to hippie dippie freakin' places, to intellectual bastions, to nature lovin' hiker's paradise, to sailing on the Bay and ocean, to San Francisco cosmopolitan theatres and restaurants, to beautiful wineries, to the local New Age bookstore.... I could go on, but you get the picture.

I ADORE THE BAY AREA. I used to live there too, in Emeryville ( :shock: ). I worked at the Job Corps Center on Treasure Island. Great town, great energy, beautiful area, perfect weather...

Berkeley is totally fun, I love Golden Gate Park - real live buffalo there. Ya, I miss Cali sooooo very much. If I had my druthers, I would live in Northern California.

Hey Fliesatnite, I know Temecula! God, that brings back memories...

2nd August 2006, 10:16 PM
For the people too lazy to navigate ALL the way over to the Robert Bruce's Workshops forum, :lol: here is the link:
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=3754

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 10:17 PM
Temecula ain't what it used to be that's for sure. When I first moved out here (a transplant from the O.C) there was space and hills and not a single traffic light. 'Cept the one on the freeway in Lake Elsinore and it was a quaint community.

Now with the Mall and the Wineries (I don't complain about the wineries tho go figure :lol:) there is so much over crowdedness here. Most of them coming in from the city like I did so many years ago. It used to be affordable to purchase a home here, but now... well, I'm glad I bought when I did!

Soscymitar72, are you IN Seatle or in a town outside of? I have in laws in Monroe! Now that's a great quaint town! Seattle is fun, came through there a few times from the Puget Sound from Vancouver Island. *sigh*

I long for a change, but I think it'll have to wait a bit longer. **another sigh**

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 10:19 PM
LOL Painterhypnogirl!!!!! Thanks! You are the best!

Boy, that little post perked me right up!! off to click the link!!!

2nd August 2006, 10:27 PM
Temecula ain't what it used to be that's for sure. When I first moved out here (a transplant from the O.C) there was space and hills and not a single traffic light. 'Cept the one on the freeway in Lake Elsinore and it was a quaint community.

Now with the Mall and the Wineries (I don't complain about the wineries tho go figure :lol:) there is so much over crowdedness here. Most of them coming in from the city like I did so many years ago. It used to be affordable to purchase a home here, but now... well, I'm glad I bought when I did!

Soscymitar72, are you IN Seatle or in a town outside of? I have in laws in Monroe! Now that's a great quaint town! Seattle is fun, came through there a few times from the Puget Sound from Vancouver Island. *sigh*

I long for a change, but I think it'll have to wait a bit longer. **another sigh**

I live in a town about 20 miles south of Seattle, Renton to be exact. It's a friggin' armpit. I don't like it. :(

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 10:29 PM
and you moved there because....???

2nd August 2006, 10:32 PM
and you moved there because....???

LONG story... It was a last gasp effort to save my life.

Fliesatnite
2nd August 2006, 10:33 PM
K, I can respect that. How long have you been up there?

2nd August 2006, 10:39 PM
K, I can respect that. How long have you been up there?

Since Thanksgiving of 2003. Lived with my brother at first, in the city, that was OK. Moved down here to Renton in December 2004, more affordable and only 3.5 miles from my job. So, the location is convenient, it's just not a great place to live.

Palehorse Redivivus
3rd August 2006, 12:07 AM
Perhaps it's the heat and the humidity that's driving us away? Nah I think it's the overpopulation that overstimulates. I too have been looking else where, mainly north.

Yeah, the heat I can deal with; it's mostly the population and traffic and yadda yadda that gives me the urge to get stabby. I was just in WI a week or so ago, and at one point the friend I was staying with made some comment about the traffic that night. There were like three cars on the road! And I'm thinking "traffic? THIS is traffic? I would joygasm with delight if this was what passed for traffic where I live!"

Anyway, we should keep in touch and compare notes on this whole relocation thing; I'm having a hard time narrowing this down because I don't know too much about the areas I'm looking at yet; just that the pacific NW is my favorite place I've visited. I do have family and/or friends in central and nothern CA, OR and WA whose brains I shall be probing for info in the near future, and a roadtrip up the coast may be in order as soon as it's feasible.

I'm a transplant myself from San Diego. I now live near Seattle, WA. It's definitely different up here...

Different like how? WA is on my list of potential places to check out, but I think I've only been there once, a looong time ago for like half a day. (So if you start hearing spooky epic music coming from nowhere and random lightning crashes, now you know why... :twisted:)

(snip mention of the workshop)

I was meaning to PM ye about that, PHG; will do now. It's kind of a longshot that I would be able to make that one I think, but I might as well get the info just in case. It'd be awesome to do the workshop, meet everybody and scope out the area though, so I shall keep my fingers crossed!

3rd August 2006, 12:32 AM

Different like how?

Well, for one thing, you go from sunshine about 300 days/year to things like three straight months of rain, no kidding. I do like the cooler temps tho and the fact that we get actual seasons - rain and no rain, lol. Seriously, we do get seasons and it is really beautiful. The Seattle area traffic is worse than So Cal, imo. The roads are OLD, poorly designed, weather beaten and the peeps here don't want to spend a dime on road improvements. I also find the folks here are not as friendly as in So Cal. It is a bit of a time warp too. They started saying "Hella" like 2 years ago. That word was popular back in the '80's up in Northern Cal. :shock:

The Seattle area is definitely a blue area (politically speaking), but, I don't care for it too much - even though I'm a tree huggin' liberal myself. I'm also beach/ocean person. Not crowded beaches though. This is forest and mountain land, which is incredibly beautiful, I just feel landlocked even though I'm right near the Puget Sound. I miss the ocean like crazy. A lot of it has to do with the neighborhood I live in too - gangsta land. There are not any folks around here I can relate to. I suppose if I moved to a different area, my opinion might be more favorable.

I've traveled and lived all over the western US, so I have seen quite a bit. I still say I like California the best, Montana though wasn't bad at all.

I like your commune idea, lol. That would be awesome. :D

CFTraveler
4th August 2006, 08:28 PM
I'm starting to feel better. I start out with anxiety in the am but feel better a few hours later. And the 'foreboding' feeling is almost gone. There is a 'lifting.' I'll let you know how the dreams go tonight. For whatever it's worth, I have felt a resurgence of the 'panicky doom' stuff, but at the same time a knowing that it's not so bad- that it's going to work out. Don't ask me how. Like it starts bad and it ends up ok.

I quoted myself. Weird.