PDA

View Full Version : Hemi Sync Exercises and leg tension

jstro
30th July 2014, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone.

I wanted to ask, in Wave VI, Expansion in locale 1, when it comes the time to float, my lower half of the legs get tensed. I mean I know I am relaxed, but when it comes the time to "leave", they get tensed, just the calves. Is this normal? It happened also on a couple of other previous exercises of the gateway experience.

Im wondering if this is hidden fear of my subconscious to "letting go", a normal reaction when trying to leave, or something else entirely.

Thanks.

CFTraveler
30th July 2014, 04:18 PM
Tension in any part of the physical body will cause you to get stuck in those areas. There are ways to work with this- do more 'physical relaxation' in the first part of your routine, and/or use a 'distracting' method to separate when it feels like it's time to do it. That you are body-aware at this part of the exercise tells me you're not relaxed or tranced enough to start trying- perhaps you need to wait a bit longer, or use a method of separation that disengages your consciousness from your body, in other words, your attention needs to be more environmental and less body-centered.

jstro
30th July 2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks for your answer.

Right now I tried the next exercise, Point of departure, and again the same thing. I feel completely relaxed, but when the instructions tell you to rotate, or float, I try mentally to do it and start feeling how my calves get hard with tension.

Should I then relax even more before starting the exercises?

thanks again

CFTraveler
30th July 2014, 07:55 PM
It seems it would be indicated, yes.

RoseBG
26th July 2023, 10:44 AM
Hi,

I am new here but wanted to offer a suggestion with the leg issue. When I am doing my 'lessons', I lay down and have a similar problem with my legs tensing up - I found by drawing my knees up and then letting them drop to the sides that I was able to totally relax. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I will try to explain it a bit better.

Warm regards

Rose

Korpo
26th July 2023, 03:59 PM
Hi, Rose.

Seems like the thread is a bit dated.

Welcome nevertheless. :D

I too had problems with my legs, probably still do, but mine went beyond being a bit tense. The right one jumped off the bed. :lol:

Oliver

CFTraveler
1st August 2023, 04:16 PM
RLS?