PDA

View Full Version : Being ridiculed :(

Eyeswideopen
10th August 2014, 05:50 PM
Had a recent subtle awakening phase which I thoroughly enjoyed, of course I couldn't talk about it due to the prospect concerning my insanity. I am currently being laughed at due to my new vegetarian ways, alongside fasting juicing enemas etc. All of which add to my well being, yet to some I am a spiritual flake!

Just as as I start to see my thoughts and the messages everywhere and the new found ability to let go...... I finally have something worthwhile that I have experienced yet have to keep quite about it because I am the fool. So ok lesson here is to allow others their thoughts and judgements, continue on my journey with head held high (alone) but high.

So isolated, it's so easy to see why some become mentally overwhelmed and discarded.

ButterflyWoman
10th August 2014, 06:15 PM
Who is mistreating you? Why are you listening to them? Why does their opinion matter?

If these are "friends" who are mocking you, they're not your friends. End the relationship(s). If it's random people whose opinions don't affect your life, blow it off. People can be stupid, arrogant, mean, etc., and they often are. If you have no reason to care what someone thinks of you, don't give their opinions any weight.

If this is family who are hassling you... that's another, deeper matter.... :(

islandmoongoddess
10th August 2014, 07:19 PM
If you're feeling isolated and unable to express yourself why not find places that people with similar beliefs congregate? For example, there are new age events or classes everywhere, even yoga classes. Or perhaps meeting people online with similar beliefs with which you can build a friendship and discuss things important to you. I know it may be an awkward step but feeling isolated and oppressed because of the negative opinions of those around you isn't healthy. There are many people who would love to know all about your spiritual growth, you just have to find them.

Lionheart
10th August 2014, 08:25 PM
I see it as a challenge to the ego and once you see it for what it is, you will see that it is their really their problem, not yours.

Be yourself. Like has been said already, find "like minded" friends, groups, etc. to associate with.

Many times "awakening" leads to changes in life. This could be relationships as in Marriage, long time friendship and even alienation of Family. I have witnessed all 3 of them and definitely know that my change has caused internal strife in my own life with others I dear as well.

But I found AP Forums where I can learn and share with other like minded individuals. I also travel quite a bit, since I am a Renaissance Merchant for a living and I find all kinds of like minded people everywhere I go. I just kind of "screen" them first, so that I can see how "deep" our conversations can go.

Eyeswideopen
11th August 2014, 09:29 AM
Have not mastered quotes yet..... Butterfly woman, it is family I am afraid :roll:

I agree with Lionheart as I am seeing this as their problem and a chance for me to finally learn to stop worrying what others think of me. Island moon, I am in the process of looking at new things to do to meet people, definitely the way forward.

ButterflyWoman
11th August 2014, 02:59 PM
If this is family you are not required to be with, visit, hang out with, then don't. That includes parents, if you don't live with them. There is no reason you are in any way required to be with or around people who abuse you, even if you're genetically related to them. If they were not related, would you tolerate this kind of stuff? No? Then why tolerate it just because of the circumstances of genetics and some degree of shared history? If you can possibly avoid being around them, listening to them, step away from them.

It took me a very, very long time to reach the conclusion that my parents were not people I liked or any any reason to talk to. Once I stopped talking to them, I felt so much better. Haven't spoken to them since 1997, haven't seen them since 1994, and my life has been much better without them in it.

I realise (because I've been there and done that) that it's not a simple thing, and it's very complex and complicated. First steps I would recommend is to practice psychic shielding and definitely cut ties. Do the tie-cutting several times a day if you must. And shield, shield, shield. They will probably get nastier as you cut and shield (there was one hell of a backlash when I finally got fed up with my father -- whom I hadn't even spoken to in a decade at at that point -- invading my dreams and otherwise bugging me in my unguarded moments), so you need both the shielding and the tie cutting. Please, do practice this. You deserve peace, and you do not deserve their abuse.

Eyeswideopen
11th August 2014, 04:08 PM
Thank you BW, I am learning the cutting of cords today actually and am glad I brought it up as I was on doing this and shielding once a day. So I will do more, I particularly get caught just before sleep and find these two people are always popping into my thoughts. Thanks for the support, I am an in law and have to be the bigger person.

IA56
11th August 2014, 04:15 PM
Dear Ewo,
I send hugs and lots of love, keep up the good work girl :-)

Love
ia

ButterflyWoman
11th August 2014, 04:28 PM
Thank you BW, I am learning the cutting of cords today actually and am glad I brought it up as I was on doing this and shielding once a day. So I will do more, I particularly get caught just before sleep and find these two people are always popping into my thoughts. Thanks for the support, I am an in law and have to be the bigger person.
Oh, yes, the "right before sleep" thing. Grrr. I know that one all too well. *hugs*

LPCF
11th August 2014, 08:59 PM
EWO, I am so sorry to read about the problems you are having with your family. My dear wife and I are near vegans, but luckily our families accepted our decision not to eat animals or products resulting from animal cruelty. My elder son and his wife visited us recently, and although they eat a lot of meat, they made a special and delicious vegan meal when we went to the house where they were staying for a meal.

We haven't had the sort of problems you have faced - nor should any loving relatives be incapable of accepting a moral decision made by another family member. To ridicule it is unloving and shows lack of insight and compassion. That to me suggests that your family members are not on a similar wavelength to you. So, in short, I agree with what the others have written above.

I send you my best wishes. Do not feel isolated. The world is full of people who think like you!

wstein
12th August 2014, 01:47 AM
Had a recent subtle awakening phase which I thoroughly enjoyed, of course I couldn't talk about it due to the prospect concerning my insanity. I am currently being laughed at due to my new vegetarian ways, alongside fasting juicing enemas etc. All of which add to my well being, yet to some I am a spiritual flake!

Just as as I start to see my thoughts and the messages everywhere and the new found ability to let go...... I finally have something worthwhile that I have experienced yet have to keep quite about it because I am the fool. So ok lesson here is to allow others their thoughts and judgements, continue on my journey with head held high (alone) but high.

So isolated, it's so easy to see why some become mentally overwhelmed and discarded. Sadly true. Not one of humanities better traits.