PDA

View Full Version : friend in need

twilight
19th July 2006, 07:47 PM
i have a close friend who got some paranoid attacks last few months,usually she got those under influence of drugs but believed it,but last weekend bunch of us went to the party and in the morning we got on the beach,everything was great but then she started to cry that we are going to close her somewhere and do horrible things to her,she couldnt stop that for hours,and from what she was saying we assumed something like that happened to her when she was little,its obvious from her behavior she needs help from an expert but we also wanna help her,but i dont know how when she belives what is in her head,and none of that is true..
i dont know what to do and its killing me..

CFTraveler
19th July 2006, 08:44 PM
If she had a psychotic break (which can sometimes be caused by certain types of drugs) she will need professional help. If it's temporary then I still think she needs to get some counseling- not necessarily a psychiatrist, but a therapist to help her to work out what are delusions and what are not.

I will definitely send healing thoughts her way: I see your friend surrounded and enveloped by the loving embrace of her friends and loved ones. I see her mind clearing, calming down. I see her feeling safe and secure. I see her happy.

21st July 2006, 08:47 PM
i have a close friend who got some paranoid attacks last few months,usually she got those under influence of drugs but believed it,but last weekend bunch of us went to the party and in the morning we got on the beach,everything was great but then she started to cry that we are going to close her somewhere and do horrible things to her,she couldnt stop that for hours,and from what she was saying we assumed something like that happened to her when she was little,its obvious from her behavior she needs help from an expert but we also wanna help her,but i dont know how when she belives what is in her head,and none of that is true..
i dont know what to do and its killing me..
I urge you to pray to Blessed Alphonsa of India. Her intercession is very powerful, for she suffered herself. I shall pray as well.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
For His mercy endures forever!
See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa)…