PDA

View Full Version : Is information we get during OBEs reliable? (scary experience)

dontco
10th September 2014, 11:29 AM
A couple of nights ago I had the worst OBE experience I've had so far :|. But let's start at the beginning.

The OBE started very nicely- after leaving the house and flying to some house (someone guided me where to go, as always) I got into a room full of candies I could taste- which is a thing that happens a lot on my OBEs for some strange reason. I got bored and wanted to leave the scene so I went to the adjacent room- and there I talked to a girl who talked on and on about some project she had, and we were in her office. The whole experience was very mundane so I wanted to spice it up a little and I thought how I can do it- and the answer came very quickly- since I am in a deep trance state right now- why can't I ask my higher self questions? and so, I did!

I thought to myself- I want to know about my past lives! I got very exited... And so I heard a voice that said "So she wants to know about past lives..." (kinda in the tone that Abraham Hicks makes, if anyone here knows them) and so- into the room came a women and I was super exited until I took a good look. She was missing both hands (and arms). I was in great shock. I think it may have affected the rest of my OBE- because after her came another women and she was worse- she too, had some body parts missing- I don't remember which ones, I only remember the fact that she had a big, see through bag tied around her neck- and in it was- her arm! that was just horrible for me and I was terrified- so terrified I actually hugged the first women so I can look away from the second one.:-(

Then- I think- the whole thing just turned into a horrible dream- I saw a girl that used to be my friend when we were kids- I dream about her a lot, but rarely see her in real life- I saw her like I remember her from when we were about 10 years old and- then I saw- let's just say- her father doing something terrible to her mother right in front of her eyes and I told her that everything would be ok, she is strong, she got over it before and so she will do it again.

Now- the question is- is the information I got during the OBE reliable? because it seems like I slipped into the lower astral planes because of strong emotions. I still define myself as an "astral newbie" so if I can get some kind of explanation as to anything on this OBE, I would be really glad.

(Not to mention after a few hours I took a nap and woke up to find myself in the RTZ- in front of a helper who tried to pull me out- but I didn't have much control over my astral body- which is very odd- I had much difficulty moving in bed and had the feeling I was being controlled- if that makes any sense. Very odd.)

CFTraveler
10th September 2014, 03:47 PM
IMO, most of the time, no. Since we not only 'see' the energetic components of what's there, but also project our thoughts, feelings and fears into the energetic matrix that is the astral, we often experience information from our subconscious in an objective manner. We also experience what others fear and believe, also objectively, giving rise to all kinds of beliefs and theories that are out there, by people who have taken their experiences literally.

dontco
11th September 2014, 03:57 PM
That's very logical. Thank you!:toast: But I've got another question- why do you think the OBE has gone sooooo wrong? could it be because of negative emotions (such as fear) in my day-to-day life or because of very strong emotions during the OBE itself (could it also be because of a positive emotion- such as exitment?)
Because it was sincerely horrible. When I got back to the physical my entire body was actually stiff. I'm even a bit of afraid to try OBE again.

IA56
11th September 2014, 08:14 PM
Dear doncto,
Can it be that you did face symbolism about a deeper lever of your self??
When I read your OBE the feeling I got about the one without arms, was your disabillity, because you are so newbe onto OBEĀ“s
and the symbolism of truth about yourself?? and it is this scarying you so much??
Only a thought I got when I read about your experience. You are not "hands on" yet.

Love
ia

dontco
12th September 2014, 04:57 PM
Dear IA56, first of all- thank you for your interpretation! :-) This direction of thought hasn't even occurred to me! It's a very wise idea, honestly. When I think of it- it's very possible I am facing some sort of symbolism, but I don't really think it is because I'm insecure about "newbie-ness". I promise I will try to put some more thought into it, though, maybe I will figure something out!

I think it could be I stumbled upon this OBE which was very hard for me to take because of negative emotions in the days prior to the projection, if that makes any sense (does it?) But I really tried to learn my lesson from this experience, and for me- the lesson was- be thankful for my body :redface: after this, I looked at my hands and legs in amazement, so thankful that I wanted to cry (typical INFJ, me?).

I must add that I respect people who were not lucky enough to have a functional pair of arms and legs a lot- and admire them for living in this world, with their difficulties, and I also believe that each and every one of us chooses their bodies before being born so many of them choose to come this way and learn their lessons, the hard way.

GamerChickTravel
20th October 2014, 04:27 AM
I've been wondering about this as well. I've had soem pretty shaky experiences.