PDA

View Full Version : Copy: Frozen Shoulder (Pain Relief)

Sinera
10th September 2014, 09:29 AM
Hi Robert

I suffer for months now from the very painful condition of a Frozen Shoulder. FS must of course also cured with physiotherapy which is what I am also doing. But it is more for re-gaining mobility which is a hard and long process in itself.

My question is more related to the pain-associated aspect. The almost constant pain I am in and also the physiotherapy training (over the pain threshold) is very straining now. I do not want to take painkillers. I took them at the beginning but I try to do without now. Hence my question:

Do you have any special energy healing techs for the shoulder?

Is there any special chakra involved? Any other thing one can do (I also try affirmations) that does not cost money (e.g. as acupuncture would do) and can be done by myself?

Many thanks
Sinera

John Sorensen
11th September 2014, 10:59 AM
I use a series of exercises, I won't say the name, because it's a brand/marketing. However I will post a link to a video, these are exercises that I have used for over a year that are derived from tai chi chuan, martial arts and decades of study and experience by Scott Sonnon, whose is an expert on joint health, mobility and strength training. His joint exercises beat yoga and physio in my view (I've used all those methods) because it addresses the underlying imbalance in the body - namely NOT moving the part of your body that hurts, which starves the tissues and joint of the very nutrients, blood and oxygen it needs to heal and stop hurting, and the lack of movement encourages calcification, muscle stiffness, muscle sticking to bone, and loss of flexibility and mobility.

These videos are part of a larger program that covers the whole body, if you learn the principles, you will be able to bring relief to your own shoulder, and it will cost nothing

PART 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wv1AKwQ-o (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wv1AKwQ-o)

PART 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuA9P9A8AoA

PART 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSu3csPCNT0

Just follow along as best you can, and do the exercises once a day for a few minutes.

I would also recommend you google "Somatics" and look for a practitioner in your area. You don't have to suffer in pain, you shoulder can heal, but not if the imbalances and true causes of the pain go unaddressed.

If you still have trouble after a couple months, consider adding gluscosamine supplements to your diet.

My knee had pain for five years (from an injury), then when I added glucosamine tabs once a day, the pain was gone after two months, while I was still doing heavy squats at the gym (135 kg) and running hill sprints.

Your body can regrow and repair JUST about anything, provided it actually has the raw materials. IF you don't have the minerals in your body, what will it use for the repairs?

I would also add to this, for five minutes daily (or 1 really focused minute) mentally imagine your body how you want it to be, strong, healthy, flexible, free to move, vital and full of life. Concentrate for one minute daily, imagine this to the best of your ability, then carry on with your day and see if you do not start seeing changes rapidly.

[edit] Thought this post was in general forums, *apologies*, feel free to move or delete it.

Sinera
11th September 2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks a lot John, I will check it out and watch the vids.

I was thinking anyway about doing more "flowy" (tai chi / qi gong) stuff instead of just going for a more 'edgy' mechanical Western type of movement therapies.

Yes, I already take gykosaminoglycans in the form of natural New Zealand green-lip mussel powder. Many people report 'wonders' regarding healed arthritis, joint problems and swellings, arthrosis etc.

Maybe I should take a higher dose though. :-)

CFTraveler
11th September 2014, 01:12 PM
I made a copy here and will delete the replies in the original thread.
I was taught a taichi move (from my Sifu) specifically for frozen shoulder, but I have trouble trying to explain it. If I find it I'll post a link.