PDA

View Full Version : The Issue of Growing

iamandre
21st September 2014, 10:36 PM
I'm talking here about vertical growth (growing taller). I noticed two threads about this from people with this desire. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different from a any healing desire that a person may have. Being shorter than you feel you should, especially for a man, is not a place of well being. However what I noticed is that the responses were "not possible", "why do you care", "dangerous", "never saw it happen". 90% judgmental and/or negative. I also saw two threads about missing or ill pets. In those threads, the responses were more along the lines of "I'm sending you lots of love". That strikes me as highly insensitive to people who want to be taller. I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1. I do not feel that I am the man that I should be. I am incapable of living my life because I just don't feel like myself. I've had depression which has been worsening including lots of suicidal ideation. I do not feel that anything I do in life matters if I'm still living in this short body. I understand the medical explanations for why growth stops, and also the medical explanations for why all energy healing is bull♥♥♥♥. So why not drop the negativity and judgmental perspective over the desire and maybe try to help people who ask for help with this? Yes, I myself want help, but I also feel a lot of empathy for others in a similar situation to mine and it upsets me how this issue and the suffering it causes is belittled.

CFTraveler
22nd September 2014, 01:23 AM
Really? Can you post links where people here are being belittled? Thanks.

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 01:48 AM
Really? Can you post links where people here are being belittled? Thanks.

I didn't say the people, I said the issue.

CFTraveler
22nd September 2014, 01:53 AM
Here, or just in general?

GMAN12
22nd September 2014, 02:57 AM
Do Plyometrics, stretching, and do a handstand on a wall. Blood flow to the brain as well as produces that growth hormone.

Try testosterone as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am around 5' 6" and a half, though I am still going through puberty.

While I cannot tell you anything that may already know, I hope you know that the above info will help you out. Also, I would recommend meditation if you could and possibly into raja yoga. Raja yoga is to learn to control the mind, for control of the mind leads to control of the body. It's going to take maybe a decade or so for this one though.

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 04:05 AM
Here, or just in general?

Both. But I'm really not that concerned with past threads, I just wish this doesn't get the same sort of dismissive, it's not important enough to bother, learn to live with being short, can't be done so don't even bother trying response. In my opinion, this is far more important than a dying or lost pet. But I also know that is in great part because I've had negative experiences with "pets", cruel mean dogs as a kid, and relatives giving more importance to lost dogs than to my suffering as a kid. I get that lots of people can't relate to the suffering caused by being shorter than one would like just like I can't really relate to the suffering of a dying pet. But I at least respect that suffering and wish it to be relieved, not just dismissed.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 04:07 AM
I'm talking here about vertical growth (growing taller). I noticed two threads about this from people with this desire. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different from a any healing desire that a person may have. Being shorter than you feel you should, especially for a man, is not a place of well being. However what I noticed is that the responses were "not possible", "why do you care", "dangerous", "never saw it happen". 90% judgmental and/or negative. I also saw two threads about missing or ill pets. In those threads, the responses were more along the lines of "I'm sending you lots of love". That strikes me as highly insensitive to people who want to be taller. I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1. I do not feel that I am the man that I should be. I am incapable of living my life because I just don't feel like myself. I've had depression which has been worsening including lots of suicidal ideation. I do not feel that anything I do in life matters if I'm still living in this short body. I understand the medical explanations for why growth stops, and also the medical explanations for why all energy healing is bull♥♥♥♥. So why not drop the negativity and judgmental perspective over the desire and maybe try to help people who ask for help with this? Yes, I myself want help, but I also feel a lot of empathy for others in a similar situation to mine and it upsets me how this issue and the suffering it causes is belittled.

Hi iamandre,
You did not write how old you are, to know if you still will grow or if you are the hight as you are now and will stay on that hight.
I know it must be frustrating for a man if he feel´s short, but have you considered ..."why" ...you was born short in this life?? because I beleive that our life cirkumstanses are a marcor for us for example to know why we are here this time, maybe to just understand that it is of no matter if we are short or tall, we have to find the self confidense anyway....and what more better that to be born short to work on self-confidense ...I have dated shorter men then I am...and I never noticed that fact they where shorter then me because they did have self-confidence and did not make it any issue about their hight...

I do not want you to feel I am not taking your feelings for real, I am, but try to think in other paths too...I am sure you look just great and if you are young you may still grow, but ...I hope you find yourself to be fine and okay anyway....

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 04:32 AM
Hi iamandre, You did not write how old you are, to know if you still will grow or if you are the hight as you are now and will stay on that hight. Yes, I did. "I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1.".
I know it must be frustrating for a man if he feel´s short, but have you considered ..."why" ...you was born short in this life?? There may have been benefits for me to be shorter at some point, but there are no benefits for me to remain short.
because I beleive that our life cirkumstanses are a marcor for us for example to know why we are here this time, maybe to just understand that it is of no matter if we are short or tall, we have to find the self confidense anyway.... Except it actually makes a difference in a man's life how tall he is, especially a man with the desires, life experiences and values I have.
and what more better that to be born short to work on self-confidense ...I have dated shorter men then I am...and I never noticed that fact they where shorter then me because they did have self-confidence and did not make it any issue about their hight... None of that matters to me, or to many men who desire to be taller.
I do not want you to feel I am not taking your feelings for real, I am, but try to think in other paths too...I am sure you look just great and if you are young you may still grow, but ...I hope you find yourself to be fine and okay anyway.... Well, you are not taking my feelings for real. I don't blame you, as a woman you probably cannot understand what this means to a man, and even as a man you could not understand what this means to me in particular. It's not fine and okay. The only thing that keeps the suicidal ideation down is faith that somehow I will grow and become the man I actually want to be. Because to me, being stuck with this height means I live in a horrible, cruel world that allows some men to achieve some things, and keeps other men from ever rising to their stature. I do not want to live in that world.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 05:09 AM
Yes, I did. "I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1.". There may have been benefits for me to be shorter at some point, but there are no benefits for me to remain short. Except it actually makes a difference in a man's life how tall he is, especially a man with the desires, life experiences and values I have. None of that matters to me, or to many men who desire to be taller. Well, you are not taking my feelings for real. I don't blame you, as a woman you probably cannot understand what this means to a man, and even as a man you could not understand what this means to me in particular. It's not fine and okay. The only thing that keeps the suicidal ideation down is faith that somehow I will grow and become the man I actually want to be. Because to me, being stuck with this height means I live in a horrible, cruel world that allows some men to achieve some things, and keeps other men from ever rising to their stature. I do not want to live in that world.

Dear iamandre,
I might not understand your suffering, but there must be more value in life than to be of particular hight in a persons life...I do understand you are stuck in your feelings, and I know how horrible that is, when this feeling is invading you totally and you can not feel or see anything of value but this that you are short, or too short for what you want to be....but still I am going to talk about you to look on other areas of your life, and this issue about your hight will be put in right order.
I hear you, you are suffering....but I am sure you look gourgeous anyway....you just can´t see the whole of you, only a small part ...and you have made this part way too big....
I hope you will find other values in you to be happy about.
I feel you have a dept what not many have, maybe it would be better to look deeper inside of you than outside of you??!!

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 05:21 AM
Dear iamandre, I might not understand your suffering, but there must be more value in life than to be of particular hight in a persons life... It is about more than the height in isolation, it's about what it means about the world and my relation to it and the people in it. If I cannot grow, there is nothing of value in life.
but still I am going to talk about you to look on other areas of your life, and this issue about your hight will be put in right order. Looking at other aspects of my life does not make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. Focusing on height helps me focus on one thing that I value, which if I shift, makes a difference. If I lose that focus, all I have is an empty, meaningless crap life.
I feel you have a dept what not many have, maybe it would be better to look deeper inside of you than outside of you??!! What for?

IA56
22nd September 2014, 06:15 AM
It is about more than the height in isolation, it's about what it means about the world and my relation to it and the people in it. If I cannot grow, there is nothing of value in life. Looking at other aspects of my life does not make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. Focusing on height helps me focus on one thing that I value, which if I shift, makes a difference. If I lose that focus, all I have is an empty, meaningless crap life. What for?

Dear iamandre,
I can´t help but I got the feeling about you, that you have overseen the metaphor about your issue....grow taller....you have stuck in wrong understanding about what they or your Higher Self are trying to show to you....to grow taller is not a physical thing...it is a metaphor for your growing spiritually, that is what matter in the end...we are not our bodies!!
We are much limitless, don´t you see that??!!
When you can see the depts of what matters then you will stop focusing on the wrong places as body!!

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 06:27 AM
Dear iamandre, I can´t help but I got the feeling about you, that you have overseen the metaphor about your issue....grow taller....you have stuck in wrong understanding about what they or your Higher Self are trying to show to you....to grow taller is not a physical thing...it is a metaphor for your growing spiritually, that is what matter in the end...we are not our bodies!! It doesn't matter if I am my body or not, I have to live with it, every single day. But stop to think why you think "growth" means "good", why you think it means "improvement", and what exactly you believe "spiritual growth" is and why you think it's such a great thing. When tumors grow, we try to shrink them. What is the purpose of "spiritual growth"?
When you can see the depts of what matters then you will stop focusing on the wrong places as body!! Tell me then, what is it that you think matters?

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 06:37 AM
IA56, Perhaps this will help you understand why these things you say mean nothing to me. Here is your signature and how it relates to this issue, for me: Core Affirmation: I am loved and If I am loved, why can't I be tall just like millions of other men? I am worthy, Worthy of what? Am I worthy of having the body I desire to have and being the man I desire to be? I am safe From what? Because clearly, not from what I most fear. and I am free. So why can't I grow? I am powerfully protected. From what? I am master of my body and ruler of my mind. So why can't I grow?

IA56
22nd September 2014, 06:50 AM
It doesn't matter if I am my body or not, I have to live with it, every single day. But stop to think why you think "growth" means "good", why you think it means "improvement", and what exactly you believe "spiritual growth" is and why you think it's such a great thing. When tumors grow, we try to shrink them. What is the purpose of "spiritual growth"? Tell me then, what is it that you think matters?

Dear iamandre,
As long as you only see there to be ONE life, this what you have now, if you limit yourself to so short period of existence, then I understand that you can´t understand why you did be born into so short body, but you did choose your parents and therefore also your hight in this life...but if you can´t take responsibillity for your own choices you will never grow and feel content.
You have a deep issue with shame...work on that to free your self from guilt and shame....and you will no longer limit your life to a physical matter as your body. You have much more valuable things in you then a physical body.

Love
ia

IA56
22nd September 2014, 06:56 AM
IA56, Perhaps this will help you understand why these things you say mean nothing to me. Here is your signature and how it relates to this issue, for me: Core Affirmation: I am loved and If I am loved, why can't I be tall just like millions of other men? I am worthy, Worthy of what? Am I worthy of having the body I desire to have and being the man I desire to be? I am safe From what? Because clearly, not from what I most fear. and I am free. So why can't I grow? I am powerfully protected. From what? I am master of my body and ruler of my mind. So why can't I grow?

You have to see other growing than a physical body....to grow in self love is much more valuable than a tall body.

If you think you only have this life, then I feel sorry for you, why do you waist this life on a matter what has no value as how short or tall your body is.

I understand that it matters to you, but try to see deeper than that...buy high healed shoes then you can feel taller...but it does not make you happier even if you did grow taller....happy feelings come´s from other areas...when you feel that you accept yourself as you are...then you will no longer see as you see things now....all will change off course with time.

Give yourself more credit and stop being so limited in your perspective of existence as you are.

I do not want to make you feel bad, but look higher than your navel, please...

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 07:00 AM
You have to see other growing than a physical body....to grow in self love is much more valuable than a tall body.

This is a good example of the belittling that I was talking about. Trust me, I have thought about the issue. It's not a random whim.

I do not want to make you feel bad, but look higher than your navel, please...

I cannot reply to this in the way I feel like, because I do not want to get banned from this forum.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 07:13 AM
This is a good example of the belittling that I was talking about. Trust me, I have thought about the issue. It's not a random whim.

I cannot reply to this in the way I feel like, because I do not want to get banned from this forum.

Dear iamandre,
I was just trying to show you, that it does not matter what anyone say to you, because you have decided to be stuck in your issue about your hight, and you want to feel like a victim...and I was just showing to you, that if you think you find anyone who can let you just feel like a victim and not to try to chock you out of your feeling sorry for you, and you will always find saying as belittling when not go along and let you crawl in self pitty.

You are better than this!!

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 07:16 AM
and you want to feel like a victim...

I most certainly do not. I want to feel free and truly loved. That is not what I am experiencing in my life and none of the things you are saying are at all helpful in this.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 07:25 AM
I most certainly do not. I want to feel free and truly loved. That is not what I am experiencing in my life and none of the things you are saying are at all helpful in this.

Dearest iamandre,

Let me give another chocking surprise....If you do not love yourself, how can some one else do that, because you are sending signals about how you feel about yourself, and now your are sending negative wibes and this is why no-one want to come near you, for ask yourself......How do you notice other´s and what make´s you be interested in another person??
And then look at yourself...do you send out feelings about yourself that you even appreaciate yourself?? How can you then expect someone who does not know you to dare to want to know you??
We does signal what we feel about us selves....and 80% of the communication is no vocal...it is signals sent from our energy.
I feel that when you do understand this deeply, your issues are solved...for good.

What make´s a person to glow....self security!!

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 07:30 AM
Dearest iamandre,

Let me give another chocking surprise....If you do not love yourself, how can some one else do that

I'm not talking about being loved by people, I'm talking about being loved by "God". Being free and truly loved are not separate desires, but two sides of one coin. If God loves me, I am free. If I am free, God loves me. If not, not. The two cannot be separated.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 07:47 AM
I'm not talking about being loved by people, I'm talking about being loved by "God". Being free and truly loved are not separate desires, but two sides of one coin. If God loves me, I am free. If I am free, God loves me. If not, not. The two cannot be separated.

Now you made me really cry, cry from my whole existence.

GOD loves you!! It is you who do not understand because you do not have any love for yourself.
You have to start with yourself, God is in you, and if you do not feel yourself you do not feel God.

To start to know this, you have to trust on my words...GOD LOVES YOU!!
He is waiting for your awakening into this knowing.

I love you!!

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 08:20 AM
GOD loves you!! It is you who do not understand because you do not have any love for yourself.
You have to start with yourself, God is in you, and if you do not feel yourself you do not feel God.

To start to know this, you have to trust on my words...GOD LOVES YOU!!
He is waiting for your awakening into this knowing.

Those are just empty words. If God loves me, I can grow taller. There is no reason for me not to. No reason at all.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 08:56 AM
Those are just empty words. If God loves me, I can grow taller. There is no reason for me not to. No reason at all.

And if you had the capasity to feel you would would not say as you do!!

But you have the right to be where you like, and now you feel much too much to feel in selfpitty and, and if you really did understand what love feel´s like, you would´t care if you where tall or short, it is not at all important, but you focus on areas what do not help you at all...But you have the right to do what you want....

We have to learn much, to think you feel is not the same as to really feel. If you had the capacity to feel, you would feel God´s love clearly.

Good Luck!!

Love
ia

iamandre
22nd September 2014, 09:01 AM
if you really did understand what love feel´s like, you would´t care if you where tall or short, it is not at all important, but you focus on areas what do not help you at all...But you have the right to do what you want....

When you are a woman living in the socialist, feminist "paradise" of Sweden, being tall or short doesn't matter. I'm done talking with you.

IA56
22nd September 2014, 09:20 AM
When you are a woman living in the socialist, feminist "paradise" of Sweden, being tall or short doesn't matter. I'm done talking with you.

Thank you iamandre, I hope you will find happiness and contentment.

You are highly loved, you are perfect, even you do not think you are, but you are.

Love
ia

CFTraveler
22nd September 2014, 01:39 PM
I am going to lock this thread because it's an example of someone being in so much pain that he interprets any gesture as an attack. IA is one of the most loving people I know, and I know for a fact that nothing she has said is an example of belittling, but you are taking it that way because you already came here with the idea that that's what would happen.
You didn't come for support or caring, you came here to rant and vent. I allowed it because I figured you needed to vent, after all emotions have to go somewhere- but now you got personal and you did exactly what you accuse others of doing- you made a concerted effort to hurt her feelings.
Maybe other people are not taking your feelings into account, but you are taking theirs and using them against them.
So it's over.