PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Extremely controversial topic

GMAN12
6th October 2014, 08:12 AM
What if a person were to commit suicide solely because they aren't enjoying this physical manifestation? What if it was without emotion and the person wanted to explore without the boundaries of the body? What does it make it?

I know absolutely no one will really know the answer because it's basically impossible. What are your thoughts?

newfreedom
6th October 2014, 08:35 AM
Hmmmm, good question, ....Watt does it indeed make it ?

i have read stuff that makes me want to 'Hand-Over' THAT responsibility to 'Spirit & Body' to let 'them' decide when & just how i 'GO' ...... i have no idea IF dying would be the 'right' thing or not to do, added with the 'slight' inconvenience that i actually have no idea 'HOW TO DIE'...

as a toddler in my rages at approx. age 3yrs i would attempt to 'kill myself' i would strangle myself using my hands on my throat, i would bash my head on the floor & i would hold my breath, but still i 'never managed to die !' even though i desperately wanted to ....under that HATING RAGE i had, there was also a part of me simultaneously that was 'terrified of dying'

i was often terrified of dying as a child & often felt i 'was dying' even as early as about 4 or 5 yrs old

Life was Terribly Scary :evil::twisted:

CFTraveler
6th October 2014, 12:38 PM
There's two consequences, it seems to me: There is an afterlife and you can either get stuck in a loop of trying to figure out what your underlying 'real' motives were for this, because IMO your scenario is impossible- if you're bored you go somewhere else, you kill yourself, and saying you're bored is a lie, perhaps even to yourself. Or,
There's nothing and you just lost a lot of experiencing to do.
Anyway, it's what I think.

dontco
6th October 2014, 07:46 PM
I think a person who came into this life chose to do so and had a reason- whether he is aware of this or not. Maybe, for example- he has anger issues. So he kills himself, and what's the next step? IMO, he will just go into another life trying to solve the issue! This will probably not be the end for him. The soul knows best and I think we discover the purpose for our lives after we die- and it's very possible the soul will just choose to incarnate in another life. And if not- the person will just continue to to develop in other systems of reality. Just my thoughts, though :-)

wstein
6th October 2014, 11:55 PM
What if a person were to commit suicide solely because they aren't enjoying this physical manifestation? What of it, their incarnation would end. The reason or cause of death does not change the facts of being dead.

What if it was without emotion and the person wanted to explore without the boundaries of the body? What does it make it? Without emotion would mean there is less trauma about it. Probably that would reduce the odds of being 'stuck' as a ghost (spirit tethered to previous life circumstance). It is still suicide regardless of the the 'reason' or the amount of 'emotion' about it.

The thing about suicide is that it seems like an easy way out. It does 'end' whatever is most in your face as an incarnate. However, generally the 'problems' are your own not forced upon you by your circumstance. Your problems go where you go. As such, suicide is unlikely to 'solve' anything.

Most likely scenarios regarding your suggested plan:
-For those that believe in reincarnation, ending this life 'early' just gets you to another one. That one will have its own body with its associated challenges. Doesn't lead to bodiless wandering.
-After your body dies you cease to exist, in this case your plan will utter fail.
-There is actually some sort of mechanism that evaluates your life and decides/determines what happens next. In that case you will need to know the criteria for this life to see if you have an opt out clause. Also, you may not be allowed the option of wandering about disincarnate.
-You are a free spirit with choice as how to exist. In this case you would be free to explore bodiless.

Robert's whole thing here is OBE which is exactly what exploring without your body is about. Just go do it. Should you find it SO delightful, you might then consider not returning.

IA56
7th October 2014, 06:14 AM
What if a person were to commit suicide solely because they aren't enjoying this physical manifestation? What if it was without emotion and the person wanted to explore without the boundaries of the body? What does it make it?

I know absolutely no one will really know the answer because it's basically impossible. What are your thoughts?

Hi GMAN12,
It feels more not to dare ot take responsibillity and fear of growing and developing.
There is no escape from evolution, have to live as many times that you understand that there is no escape, and you will awaken eventually, one day you will face the fact to stop to run and hide.

Love
ia

newfreedom
7th October 2014, 09:47 AM
What of it, their incarnation would end. The reason or cause of death does not change the facts of being dead.

Without emotion would mean there is less trauma about it. Probably that would reduce the odds of being 'stuck' as a ghost (spirit tethered to previous life circumstance). It is still suicide regardless of the the 'reason' or the amount of 'emotion' about it.

The thing about suicide is that it seems like an easy way out. It does 'end' whatever is most in your face as an incarnate. However, generally the 'problems' are your own not forced upon you by your circumstance. Your problems go where you go. As such, suicide is unlikely to 'solve' anything.

Most likely scenarios regarding your suggested plan:
-For those that believe in reincarnation, ending this life 'early' just gets you to another one. That one will have its own body with its associated challenges. Doesn't lead to bodiless wandering.
-After your body dies you cease to exist, in this case your plan will utter fail.
-There is actually some sort of mechanism that evaluates your life and decides/determines what happens next. In that case you will need to know the criteria for this life to see if you have an opt out clause. Also, you may not be allowed the option of wandering about disincarnate.
-You are a free spirit with choice as how to exist. In this case you would be free to explore bodiless.

Robert's whole thing here is OBE which is exactly what exploring without your body is about. Just go do it. Should you find it SO delightful, you might then consider not returning.

Love these bits:

The reason or cause of death does not change the facts of being dead.

most likely scenarios

Robert's whole thing here is OBE which is exactly what exploring without your body is about.

:love:

outofbodydude
8th October 2014, 12:23 AM
There's only one way to find out. ;)

GMAN12
8th October 2014, 09:36 AM
Interesting replies : )