PDA

View Full Version : LOA in relation with Psi-Ball Programs

Searching4Guru
23rd October 2014, 03:44 PM
First of all, I would like to say hello to you all and thank you in advance because I can tell this will be a helpful forum to join (full of helpful people).

Then, apologize in advance if I posted in the wrong subforum or if there is already a post about this subject.

I hope this thread finds you in good health.

Anyway,

I programmed a psi-ball of mine to ward off bugs (cockroaches, spiders, mosquitoes) with the intention stating "Repel Bugs, No Bugs" and imagined these bugs running (or flying) away in fear of my psi-ball/window.

Then I accidentally saw that "Law of Attraction" on TV which my mother and brother is "band-wagoneers" of now.

Question is: I say No Bugs No Bugs does that actually Attract Bugs? Does LOA counter Psiball programming? Do I need to rephrase my intentions? If so what is the opposite of the word "Bugs?"

Again thank you, I am very grateful to be here!

ButterflyWoman
23rd October 2014, 09:10 PM
The issue with using negatives (not, no, isn't, won't, etc.) is that the way you have to frame a negative statement is usually something that puts the thing in your head. So if you say "no bugs" you think of what? Bugs. If you say "I am not a crook" what do people think of? Being a crook. If I tell you, "Don't think of an elephant," what happens? Well, there's the elephant you're not supposed to think of. :)

A psiball is a kind of visualisation, so it would probably follow similar constructs. It's hard to imagine a negative ("no bugs" is not a thing; "bugs" on the other hand, IS), to visualise it, so it's better to construct something to visualise that has a positive twist (i.e., visualise/focus on/imagine something that IS "a thing", even if it's an abstract thing).

That make sense? :)

Searching4Guru
24th October 2014, 02:59 AM
The issue with using negatives (not, no, isn't, won't, etc.) is that the way you have to frame a negative statement is usually something that puts the thing in your head. So if you say "no bugs" you think of what? Bugs. If you say "I am not a crook" what do people think of? Being a crook. If I tell you, "Don't think of an elephant," what happens? Well, there's the elephant you're not supposed to think of. :)

A psiball is a kind of visualisation, so it would probably follow similar constructs. It's hard to imagine a negative ("no bugs" is not a thing; "bugs" on the other hand, IS), to visualise it, so it's better to construct something to visualise that has a positive twist (i.e., visualise/focus on/imagine something that IS "a thing", even if it's an abstract thing).

That make sense? :)

How about

"This Psi-Ball is a Bug Repellant"

?

ButterflyWoman
24th October 2014, 05:29 AM
That would work for me, but I'd go with "bug free" because for me (maybe not for everyone), "free" actually is a thing. Pain free, for example, means something specific, at least in my mind.