PDA

View Full Version : Copy: Computer screens draining energy body

concedo
8th November 2014, 11:26 PM
Hello,

do you know about or have any experience with draining of the energy body caused by using screens like from a computer, television, etc.?
Where does this tiredness come from after working at a computer? Do you know some way to counteract this?

Thank you very much for your help.

CFTraveler
9th November 2014, 07:09 PM
There is a biological or chemical reason for the tiredness if you're working with it for many hours, especially if you work in it at night. The blue light shining at you causes sleep disruptions (messes with your circadian rythmns if you do it at night) and as a result you don't sleep as deeply as you would normally, causing exhaustion.
Of course there is the idea of the computer (not in itself) being a conduit to others when you are connected to the internet. If this is your concern, find a wallpaper that has protective properties- a sacred symbol, the religious figure of your choice- to maximize protection.

-asalantu-
11th November 2014, 12:31 PM
¡Hi, CFT..!

Very interesting. Quoting you: "blue light shining at you causes sleep disruptions"

Please, if you can, provide some weblink to reliable scientific paper wich backups previous quote.

¿Countermeasures? ["Q-Link"(TM), ¿perhaps?]

My best regards,
Ángel

CFTraveler
11th November 2014, 04:10 PM
I give you two studies that show you two things:
That blue light is high in frequency (short wavelength) and the higher the frequency the more melatonin suppression there is.
This is why blue and violet lights can help reset the circadiam rythmn when used during the day.

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/21/16/6405.long

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850476

I have read (or heard somewhere) that putting a transparent red sheet over the tablet (or using goggles) will lower the frequency of the light that reaches the eyes, making it less jarring and disruptive.
I haven't tried it, I don't use my tablet as much as I used to.

-asalantu-
13th November 2014, 05:42 PM
¡Thank you, CFT..!

Sincerely,
Ángel