PDA

View Full Version : If I'm making visits why can't I recall them?

Beekeeper
22nd July 2006, 02:40 AM
About a year ago, a girlfriend claimed I came to her in a strange dream and demonstrated projection to her. I dismissed it as just a dream.

Then, more recently, during an OB night/morning, a friend said I popped by when he was meditating. Maybe.

Both these friends are into AP and we've agreed to try to meet and verify when we're really proficient at it -if ever. (We've each had some successes.)

This week a friend, who isn't into AP, claimed I "dropped by". We aren't "best" friends and see each other infrequently at work but she recently confided her personal problems and I had certainly prayed for her. Her husband had left her a few days prior to the "vision" night and she was crying and tossing and turning at 3 am. She says I was suddenly there and she felt calm and immediately fell asleep.

A few days later another casual friend told me she had a wonderful dream where we were at a fun park sliding down a massive tube and having the time of our lives.

This is all fascinating and plays nicely into my fantasies regarding what I'd like to do when I am particularly good at OB travel but, if any of it's true, how do I start to remember it?

Aunt Clair
25th July 2006, 12:48 AM
About a year ago, a girlfriend claimed I came to her in a strange dream and demonstrated projection to her. I dismissed it as just a dream.....and..... if any of it's true, how do I start to remember it?
I would not dismiss it . I feel you are being given too much evidence from mates . I am one of those that feel all humans project the difference between the awares and the unawares begins when we can control it and project at will with recall . I think the best thing to do would be to learn to quiet the mind and sit in meditation this will help you find your next step on your own path . You might invite some of those friends that saw you in dreamstate projection and form a meditation circle with them . Also learn to recall your dreams . There are threads and methods on dream recall on this site .

Beekeeper
27th July 2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks, Aunt Claire,
I'd about given up hope anyone would have any advice for me on this one.

I think the best thing to do would be to learn to quiet the mind and sit in meditation this will help you find your next step on your own path .

I know. I've been getting this message from spiritual folk for years. I will try and tame my monkey mind.

I do recall dreams. I've kept a diary for about 18 months and recall a lot but there is always stuff that's fragmentary or that is just beyond recall, although I know something else happened. (I do wake up in the vibrational state throughout the night and have heard the exit noises)

I'm not sure I'd know how to start a meditation circle. I do entertain the notion that the two friends who also practise AP are "soul family."

Dsmoke
27th July 2006, 12:13 PM
Beekeeper, would some daily affirmations help? Something like, "I remember my out of body experiences."

RyanParis
28th July 2006, 02:24 AM
One reason you don't remember is because astral projections are part of the dreaming mind, the subconscious mind, and those astral projections are not always remembered by the physical brain. The conscious brain has trouble remembering dreams and astral projections. Astral projections are more stored on the spiritual side of the mind, the subconscious side, and not so much the conscious brain.

I remember one morning I woke up with paralyses (or astral paralyses). After I woke up, got out of bed, and walked into the hallway, I almost completely forgot I was paralysed. It's like there was nothing in my mind to remember.

You can suggest to yourself "I will remember my dreams!" and keep repeating it to yourself over and over, right before falling asleep.

It's true.

Beekeeper
28th July 2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys,

Have used affirmations but haven't used those "I remember my astral projections" ones for some time. Which makes me remember, the night I recently changed over from, "I am lucid dreaming" to "I shout as I re-enter my body" things got a little more interesting. So, thanks for the reminder! :D

Beekeeper
10th November 2006, 01:31 AM
I'm back on this one because it's happened again. I reread the advice and I'll keep at it....

Excerpt:
Strange last night. Felt right for some good meditation. Read a bit of a psychic's book first. Tried to listen to my guides like the author did as a child. Nothing. Woke up through the night buzzing. Thought that a bit strange because I didn't do that much energy work (except, I was raising energy the whole time I was reading).

These words were in my head when I awoke: "The relics are in the North." No connection to anything I remember dreaming. About half a page of dream recall- poor really. Some weird stuff like being shown two halves of an apple and being told they're part of a third element???

Then today M. comes to my door while I'm teaching a class. She says, "Do you remember?" All I know is that I've lost something big. I was actually depressed when I woke up and I'd had a really elated day yesterday. She says, "______, you pulled me out. You told me not to be afraid, "It's ______." Here's the thing, I always imagine it that way. Ever since CF told me how you can appear frightening when you go and get someone out, I always plan to tell the person not to be afraid and to announce myself.

Also she says I was unusually dark. When I woke up briefly last night, I noted how dark the room was with the new curtains I had put up yesterday.

I've asked her to type it and send it to me so I can post it here.

I'm so disappointed not to have recalled it! I know it's true, I feel it. Why can't I ever remember?

CFTraveler
10th November 2006, 05:10 PM
I just had another idea on this phenomenon-please bear with me- Maybe you haven't visited yet, it's a future version of yourself, more controlled or advanced that has paid the visits, and that's why you don't remember. If my guess is correct, that means that you are going to make a huge leap in your advancement.
Just a slightly different perspective.

Beekeeper
10th November 2006, 10:41 PM
CF, This has crossed my mind! In that case, encouraging!!!

Beekeeper
18th December 2006, 08:31 PM
Here's my friend's recount:

Dearest D,

I am so sorry this is so late, but here it is!

This recount is about 8 weeks old. My apologies because a lot of the detail is
lacking.
My dream began in an unknown shopping centre with one of my close girlfriends.
She was introducing me to a large circle of her friends. I remember feeling
uncomfortable and was looking for an ‘out clause’ so I could escape from the
meaningless conversation with these people. When I looked to my left there was
a corridor (which I thought was leading to the toilets). When I went down my
mind awoke and I realised my body was asleep. I could see through my eyelids
and there was a dark blanket hovering on top of me. I didn’t feel scared and
then I heard D’s voice saying ‘don’t be scared, it’s me D, I’ve come to
get you’. I felt someone else’s presence there, not sure who it was but it was
a positive vibe and they were there with D, to my right. I felt someone
trying to pull me out while I tried really hard to stay positive. I woke up
shortly after realising that it didn’t work because I didn’t have enough energy
and I didn’t try hard enough. I was relying on D
and her friend to pull me out when instead I should have used it as a
trigger for me to roll out. Thank you D, can’t wait till the next one.
Love ya heaps.

Aunt Clair
19th December 2006, 12:43 AM
Imho , there is no reason to doubt your mates on this matter .

Disciplining the mind with meditation and affirmations and journals will help a lot . Learning to enter a light trance and projecting while awake will help you recall more .

Not even the strongest magicians I know have total recall . Robert Bruce laughs that he does not know where Astral Bob gets around to all the time .

A teacher I worked with was married to an atheist nurse who did not believe in any supernatural or metaphysical abilities . She was a hardcore 'dead is dead' unaware .

But despite her belief systems , countless relatives and patients reported seeing her enter their deathbed rooms to hold their hand and read to them from the Bible . Go figure . She continues to reject their truths .
But she leads a lovely life of generosity and kindness .

I am certain that our consciousness splits many times and that we are spirit in this human vessel with only a shard of true self .

You are so much more . Shine on .

As I was writing to you , you may not believe this but John Lennon popped into my home . I never met him in real life . I don't know how he found me or why he would be kind enough to care but this is the song he sang to me in answer to your question the chorus from this song . I saw him standing here for a brief moment . I never met his spirit before . It was amazing .

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
Yeah we all shine on,
On and on and on on and on.
http://www.john-lennon.com/songlyrics/s ... _Karma.htm (http://www.john-lennon.com/songlyrics/songs/Instant_Karma.htm)

It brought tears to my eyes to hear his voice so clearly singing and then silly as I am , I could no longer see him . Tears ,even happy ones ,lower our vibration . Love lifts us up where we belong .

But that's another fellow lol

http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/lu3.shtml

My guide Henri sang that one to me , no visit from Joe Cocker lol .
But last I checked he was still alive ...
What amazing adventures shall we have when we pass from this life to the next ?

Beekeeper
19th December 2006, 05:49 AM
Thank you Aunt Claire,

That was just beautiful. You gave me goosebumps. I've had a magic day. It began with my friend sending this e-mail (finally) and just continued to deliver all sorts of beautiful surprises. Now this! I feel like hugging you. :D