PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Sleep

GRANT
11th November 2014, 11:39 PM
Maybe this is not the topic for this site, so here goes.

I had some minor surgery a few weeks ago. I went to sleep; and then, in time, woke up. The same thing happened with my last surgery.

Ok, my Physical body went to sleep. Now, did my Astral body also go to sleep? I do not remember it remaining awake, although I tried.

Ok now I set the stage. There have been many cases of people in a coma for years, then woke up. They did not remember anything. They thought they just woke up as normal, even though years may have gone by.

I was trying to think why this could be. I wonder if you can and do project, but your Physical mind is asleep and cannot remember the events at integration. (Making that wrinkle Robert talks about) Yet, some people do project during surgery and can remember things as they fly around or remote vision the surgery room.

Just some thoughs on the matter.

IA56
12th November 2014, 09:19 AM
I have 2 experiences one when I tried to kill my self at age of 18 and second was during the big beating of me at 1980-81...I am sure I was unconseous like in koma....this memory did come to me first several years after the big beating...that when I in the age of 18 did not find curage and strength to go on with my Life, "They"asked me what do I need to be able to continue to live, I answered I need a Child, and that I did get....when the big beating did occure and I second time was asked what does make me to continue to live...and several hands did touch my hand...I could feel it was my sister, and they asked, do you want to live for her, I said No...then my parents hands...and no....and my sons hand...I did grab it and at once I rememberd the first time I was so sure it was what I wanted, a Child, I did get it and still I did put myself in a bad Place, so this time when I grabbed my sons hand, the question was....do you do what ever it takes to be there for him, and I said I big YES.....and as you know what happened, and how hard the 34 years was for me, but we are through and both are well and alive....thank you universe.

Love
ia

CFTraveler
12th November 2014, 02:58 PM
I've had it happen and it's disconcerting.
Since I'm the kind of person who is hyper aware, I have always had the sense of time passing when I sleep, so when I first had surgery, and closed and opened my eyes again, it felt like time didn't pass, and this was very disconcerting to me, and it still bothers me. It's like "I" ceased to exist for a while there. But then, that's a whole other theme....hehehe.

Sinera
12th November 2014, 06:43 PM
... some people do project during surgery and can remember things as they fly around or remote vision the surgery room ...
Been There, Done That. 8)

(Both of it actually).

GRANT
12th November 2014, 11:48 PM
CF--That's exactly the thing--it felt as though time didn't pass

GRANT
12th November 2014, 11:50 PM
Were we someplace else, a place where there is no time?
As in the Astral, without the memory?

ButterflyWoman
13th November 2014, 05:19 AM
My take on it is that your physical brain and the related mind it generates are responsible for recording experiences in consciousness. No consciousness, no record. Some people seem to be able to flip consciousness to an astral body or something, but for most of us, it's just like the light goes off, and what happens while we're unconscious remains unknown because there was/is no conscious record (there might be a record somewhere, and there probably is, but accessing it can be problematic).

It's a bit like having a camera that films everything that happens to you, and for a while, that camera is switched off. When consciousness comes back, it's like watching a movie with a piece edited out, that's all.

GRANT
14th November 2014, 02:21 AM
I suppose the brain must be conscious . Perhaps the Astral mind/body can be taught to hold off awhile until the physical brain awakes, then download/integrate.

ButterflyWoman
14th November 2014, 06:27 AM
I think the brain is the instrument that allows the interface with material reality, being a material thing, itself. The mind is not physical (current neuroscientific speculation is that it's holographic), but without the brain, the mind can't do much. :)

GRANT
14th November 2014, 06:46 PM
It would be so great if our mind was not the limiting interface. I guess our Astral body must have a mind of its own, to learn things in its plane. Its mind, that I'm talking about must be separate, an actual separate mind. I know about the mind split and agree with that. But, the Astral body must also have its own mind. That is my conclusion.

I base that upon the Astral schools and places of higher learning that I read about from the Kauai Hindu Monastery. I very often am in a place such as that. So, there must be two minds at work.: the mind split copy and our Astral Body's mind. Perhaps the Mental Body has its own mind; also--and so on.

Yes that is my conclusion each body must have its own mind--plus any mind split copies. The mind splitted copy is what we download. If our mind is asleep it will not take the download. The Astral Body's own mind continues to function in its realm and perhaps that is why we sometimes get recalls later in time.

This now is my own opinion about the surgery sleep.

Grant

ButterflyWoman
15th November 2014, 08:25 AM
It would be so great if our mind was not the limiting interface.
Without the limitations and distinctions, everything possible in the multiverse would happen at once. ;)

My perception is that Consciousness is everything, and IT records and experiences everything, so there's always a "record". The surgeons, the nurses, the anesthesiologist, everyone present has a record of the surgery from their unique "camera". Just because your camera didn't record it doesn't mean it's not recorded. And since Consciousness is actually whole and One and the divisions and limitations are illusionary, anyway, it doesn't really matter, in the long run. "You" are no more or less important than the surgeon, and the nurses are no less or more important than you, etc. etc. All points of view are experienced (as in ALL).

That's the point of view from which I experience reality. Has been for some years now. Appears to be permanent.

Sinera
15th November 2014, 06:14 PM
At one point I 'read' the surgeons thoughts, or better: emotional content with it, it was about reassurance that all is fine and went well (after a disturbance though it seemed, at least now in hindsight because I did not experience a troubled situation).

But it was more, somehow I 'became' him in a way, despite seeing him still from the outside. It was as if his thoughts were actually mine. That was eerie, really eerie. :wacky1:

GRANT
15th November 2014, 06:56 PM
If like attracts like, then all those thoughts of the persons involved pool together in a "conglomerate". Maybe their thoughts get imposed on us ( kind of like the morphogenetic fields) and sooner or later we tune into them and take them as our own. I am sure the Astral body recorded the surgery also.

ButterflyWoman
16th November 2014, 07:29 AM
I wonder if people who are adept at lucid dreaming are more likely to have some sort of conscious awareness during surgery. I have had a few lucid dreams in my day, but for the most part, when I go to sleep, I like to shut down completely (and I have interesting dreams, sometimes prophetic, etc.). And when I have general anesthesia, I just go out like a light, too.

Sinera
16th November 2014, 09:29 AM
The NDE/OBE in surgery was my only one, but it was also my only full anesthesia. I haven't been to the hospital a lot in my life for surgery or even emergencies, fingers crossed, I'm generally a health guy. The only other time next to that nasal surgery was as a young child for a routine (?, at least backt then I was told so) tonsillectomy. But I was fully conscious, like sitting in a dentist's chair.

It might not happen again should I ever have another one, hopefully not.

I have still the 'feeling' that I was initiated there. That I was helped to gain awareness. It was the one experience that brought me on the path of OBE and spiritual "practices" after all (I'd been on the spiritual track for a few months then already, but not OBE or AP. I didn't even know the term AP).

GRANT
18th November 2014, 12:18 AM
I'm going to try and recall the surgery and try to "see" if there are any memories. Our own brain may not remember because one of the drugs they use is to make us forget (not remember) the operation. Maybe that's why its hard to recall the Astral side.