PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreaming?

22nd July 2006, 06:19 PM
When I was little, I used to have nightmares, as most kids do. I remember my Dad telling me that when that happens, to take control of the dream, to change it and fight back. I remember having a dream where I was being attacked, I woke up very scared. I remembered what he told me and went back into the dream - to the point where what was after me almost got me. I changed it, I think I ended up becoming some radical warrior chick and killing my attacker. Other dreams, I would jump up and fly to safety.

I haven't done this in a long while, as after I fought back in my dreams, the nightmares seemed to stop. :) I have had a few nightmares where I wasn't able to go back and change things though, but the times that I was able to, it made me feel a lot better.

Was what my father taught me a method of lucid dreaming?

22nd July 2006, 06:25 PM
Yes, it was a type of lucid dream. Flying up is always a good idea. Specifically ask to be taken to higher realms. Every time I've flown up in a lucid dream from fear, I end up in a wonderful place, calmly floating/flying through wonderful fields of energy.

Blue Mage
23rd July 2006, 10:22 PM
I find that fighting back in dreams is not the best of habits. That was the first thing I trained myself to do when I looked into lucid dreaming, and now I am trying to change that habit. It is better to make a habit of peacefully confronting whatever is attacking one in their dream. Stop and ask, "What do you want?" or "What do you represent?" or "Do you have something to tell me?"; some attempt at understanding, accepting. When I manage to do that it ends up being a very healing experience. I realized that things from my past were still bothering me subconsciously, even though I never realized it.