PDA

View Full Version : Energy raising time

robbo
8th December 2014, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone I used to be a regular poster here some years back but I couldn't remember my logins so just started up a new account.

I have recently restarted energy work for the first time in about 4 years but have been experiencing some issues that I hope others might be able to relate to and offer guidance

Things have changed in my personal life since I last did regular energy raising. Firstly I am a parent to two wonderful children as well as happily married. I also have an incredibly busy full time job.

The problem is the sheer lack of time to meditate and energy raise. I find that nowadays I have very little sit down time. I have tried to make the most out of what time I do have - at work, travel time, etc, but without real personal space and silence I find it difficult to let go and relax. I also find 30 mins of deep relaxation whilst energy raising far more productive than say an hour of doing some energy raising during travel time or when I need to half concentrate on other things and multitask. However I'm lucky if I get 30 mins of proper relaxation time just once a week.

I've tried energy raising in the mornings when in bed and also at night but whereas previously this used to almost invigorate me and wake me up to allow good energy raising, now it seems to have the opposite effect and I drop to sleep incredibly fast! The bonus of this is that I am sleeping better than I have for a while though so it's not all negative :)

I wondered if anyone has had similar experiences with lack of personal time and if so, whether you made slow, long-term benefits just from minor energy raising during travel and 5 mins here and there.

I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to find time. I did look into local meditation groups but sadly there don't appear to be any near me.

Any ideas and personal experiences would be most welcome!

DarkChylde
8th December 2014, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone I used to be a regular poster here some years back but I couldn't remember my logins so just started up a new account.

Welcome back , good to have you with us again :thumbsup:

I have recently restarted energy work for the first time in about 4 years but have been experiencing some issues that I hope others might be able to relate to and offer guidance.Things have changed in my personal life since I last did regular energy raising. Firstly I am a parent to two wonderful children as well as happily married. I also have an incredibly busy full time job.The problem is the sheer lack of time to meditate and energy raise. I find that nowadays I have very little sit down time. I have tried to make the most out of what time I do have - at work, travel time, etc, but without real personal space and silence I find it difficult to let go and relax. I also find 30 mins of deep relaxation whilst energy raising far more productive than say an hour of doing some energy raising during travel time or when I need to half concentrate on other things and multitask. However I'm lucky if I get 30 mins of proper relaxation time just once a week.

I think the issue might not be how much time you are putting into energy work or conversely taking time off to find properly devoted energy raising time but being mindful only in utilizing whatever time you have and being flexible with your routine to accommodate energy work into it only just as often as you can (which you already seem to be doing) , till you get a proper grasp and handle on your schedule , you'll see that things will fall into place on their own then.

I've tried energy raising in the mornings when in bed and also at night but whereas previously this used to almost invigorate me and wake me up to allow good energy raising, now it seems to have the opposite effect and I drop to sleep incredibly fast! The bonus of this is that I am sleeping better than I have for a while though so it's not all negative :)
see? you are already working the kinks out and smoothing things over.I'm very certain you're on the right track.I'd suggest keeping things as they are (till you feel more time slots open up for energy work).

I wondered if anyone has had similar experiences with lack of personal time and if so, whether you made slow, long-term benefits just from minor energy raising during travel and 5 mins here and there.
I do that all the time , there are days where getting enough shut eye and dealing with "real world issues" , seem to consume all my time on their own , so I break it down to simple , multiple sessions whenever , wherever (today I did 2 5/6 minute sessions in the car only).
As for the benefits of doing it the way we are doing it , you need to keep in mind , energy work no matter small in time , activates nueral patterns within the brain itself , the more repetitive you are with your work (regardless of the time spent doing it) , it keeps building cerebral memory too , so the next time you are at it , it goes on by itself , more smoother , more progressive and starts feeling more fluid all on it's own.

I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to find time. I did look into local meditation groups but sadly there don't appear to be any near me.

I have a feeling you are past the point where you'd need those.

The very best of luck in your endeavours :-)

SoulSail
8th December 2014, 10:39 PM
After years of exhausting work trying to find the time, make time, settle into the time to an agreeable comfort level, summon willpower, etc., I just finally quit all that. Learn to sit without doing a darn thing for 5, 10, 15 minutes. You're not doing ANYTHING during that time. Don't try to work your energy at all in that time and the reason you don't find sufficient will or time will settle itself.

Literally learn to stare and be without thinking a single, solitary thing. From there you've got clear channels.

Make sense?

Then perhaps proceed a little here and there. It's not a race. Love yourself. Take your time.

susan
8th December 2014, 10:49 PM
Hi Robbo, I used to go to a local meditation group once a week, for an hour. The room we used was noisy so I stopped going. I made the decision that it took 30 mins to get there. 1 hour there of which only 20 mins was meditation, then 30 mins back home, got changed then off to start work. This was 2 hours that I could have just stayed at home and meditated.
At the time though I needed some ME TIME.
Now ,my husband knows that whether he is at home or not , if I come in at 5.55 or 3pm..... at 6PM This is my ME TIME and I dissapear for an hour to meditate, or raise energy or both.
Also, through the day I think being very aware of what's going on around you , analysing things, dissecting things, why did he do or say that? Colours, things of interest to look at . Taking note of exact detail that you may have just glanced at once before. This is all good practice that can be done whilst out through the day.
But booking that' me ' time into the dairy just as you may do for a doctors appointment is important.

Serpentarius
8th December 2014, 11:42 PM
Hi Robbo :)

Even that kind of energy work is beneficial and it does add up :) Just thinking about energy exercises can cause energy movement, especially if you have been doing energy work for some time.

If you fall asleep quickly maybe you should try to meditate and relax when sitting up or in a chair.

If you are doing energy exercises and you get distracted by the surroundings, I would suggest to keep trying. With practice your concentration will improve and you will be able to tune out much of the outside world and focus more on the energy exercises.

S.

robbo
9th December 2014, 07:40 AM
Thanks everyone. Guess it's just a case of accepting there isn't always time and to make the most of the available time.

I'll keep at it

Dreamweaver
11th December 2014, 03:40 AM
Hi Robbo - I work full time, do very emotionally demanding work, am a parent, and pretty much am a weekend warrior when it comes to keeping a home. I meditate and do energy work after I put my son to bed and yes I'm tired and pretty much fall to sleep pretty quickly. Totally am with you on that one. Plus at 48 tired and worn out is completely different than at 20-something.

Weekends are more flexible, Sunday nights are the best. I have a quiet hour to compose myself before the workweek begins.

I hear lots of people say things like 'make self care a priority' and blah blah blah. Life is different now. Energy is different. Time is different - faster. Downtime and sacred space is precious.

I have come to create room for meditative practice by making my activities intentionally mindful in the moment and to connect to source by inviting it into my work and other activities like parenting and hobbies. I have found myself energized, inspired, more intuitive and more creative, more purposeful - and can feel 'presence' doing this. I also tell my family to leave me alone when I do have downtime for meditation. Mommy needs to decompress.

There is likely no perfect answer. But, if you pray on it - or something like prayer if so inclined, you may find a change in perception, priority, opportunity, and more openness in your environments to your meditative and energy raising needs.

Merry journey!

robbo
11th December 2014, 05:53 PM
I hear lots of people say things like 'make self care a priority' and blah blah blah. Life is different now. Energy is different. Time is different - faster. Downtime and sacred space is precious.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Thanks all for your input. Already I am feeling more positive about it all

SoulSail
11th December 2014, 07:35 PM
What does later have to offer you compared to now? Does an imaginary time "later" offer a more spiritually useful moment than this moment? See, that's just a story we tell ourselves, that later will bring better. Drop that and you get what's here. I really dislike sounding like the cliche overboard hippie here, but this is the only realization that's brought light around life. The way out of this mess is to transfer attention from that to this.

On that note...we're standing in the Ganges and that's worth celebrating...

My two cents,

Soul

susan
11th December 2014, 09:04 PM
SoulSail's, as soon as I saw what you wrote " we're standing in the Ganges" it brought to mind an experience I recorded but didn't write where I thought I was.
So with that I just want to say to Robbo, " be grateful for every moment( of contemplation.) no matter how small. Make every minute precious".