PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on Chakra (Color & location)

russmi31
13th December 2014, 05:25 AM
I have been working on Chakras for years and now believe I have been doing it incorrectly!

This is what I have been using (I believe I got it from a website)*
*Colors per text color

CROWN Chakra - Top of head (Magenta or gold or white)
BROW - Between Eyes, third eye
THROAT - Bottom of throat where ribs begin
HEART - Center of chest
SOLAR PLEXUS - Where ribs end
SACRAL - Just below belly button
ROOT - Base of spine tailbone

I now see that most say:

CROWN Chakra - Top of head (Purple)
BROW - Between Eyes, third eye (Lt. Blue)
THROAT - Bottom of throat where ribs begin
HEART - Center of chest
SOLAR PLEXUS - Where ribs end
SACRAL - Just below belly button
ROOT - Base of spine tailbone

Can someone confirm which is correct? I have also wondered why the ROOT is located around, behind (so to speak) at tailbone, and not in line up front with others??

Now today while researching this, I come across a Reiki teacher stating that the ROOT is actually at the ankles !! That many have been wrong for years.

Please someone clear this up......

ButterflyWoman
13th December 2014, 05:58 AM
I've always heard that the Third Eye chakra was indigo, just like in a classic rainbow scheme (rainbows actually have infinite colours, but seven being a mystical number, people stuck a named colour between blue and purple). Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. And the Crown chakra, I believe, is associated with white, which is "all colours" (it is, too.).

BUT... this is my personal experience and perception, but I see chakras as metaphorical, as symbolic. I have, indeed, experienced various flashes of colour and light and so on which are associated with chakra activity, so I'm in no way suggesting that it's not a valid model, but it is just a model in the long run. This is not written in stone or tested in a laboratory under controlled circumstances or anything. ;)

If you've been sensing these colours as opposed to the classic representation, that supports my perception that it's not a universal thing. The general idea seems to be well set in the Collective Unconscious, no doubt about that, but it seems clear to me that it's subject to variation. So, is there a "correct" version? I have my doubts about that. And I also think that anyone who claims to have some definite answer as to exactly how things are is going on dogma and rigid beliefs more than on direct experience. The best any of us can do is say "in my experience and observation...". (Even Robert does this. It's one of the things I most respect about him.)

Hope that made some sense. :)

CFTraveler
14th December 2014, 06:57 PM
I agree. I have always thought the colors were as you originally supposed, Russ, but I think a lot of the color assignment has to do with the religion or 'cultural background' of the practitioner- what school of thought they learned under.
To my understanding the root chakra is a system, more than a spot- so all of the above is correct- feet, ankles, line going up the legs to the crotch included, from the back of the tailbone to the perineum.
Just like some people believe the solar plexus to be in the subnavel instead of the lower chest, it's all about what system they learned from.

Serpentarius
14th December 2014, 09:08 PM
For me I see chakras as mostly white lights with rainbow hues.

Russmi31, I think it will be beneficial for you if you try to figure out what colours they are by yourself.

soul elevation
16th December 2014, 03:46 AM
It's hard not to become confused. I've come across a few variations myself that are different from the classic rainbow colors. Consider the following, for example:

Elizabeth Clare Prophet's description:

Crown: Yellow
Brow: Green
Throat: Blue
Heart: Pink
Solar Plexus: Purple and Gold with Ruby Flecks
Sacral: Vibrant Violet
Base: Pure White

Tom DeLiso of Wisdomsdoor.com (http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/ck/chakra_des.shtml

Crown: predominately violet in color except for the central whirlpool which is similar to golden sunlight
Brow: dark blue with or without violet and sometimes with pink-rose color coming from it
Throat: Predominately blue but with alternating blue and green sections
Heart: Golden in color but many times can dip in various shades from golden yellow to pink or light orange
Solar Plexus: various shades of red but also has random spokes that are green
Sacral: This chakra has 6 spokes each of which are a different color: red, orange, yellow, green. blue, violet
Base: red and dark-orange in hue

Master Choa Kok Sui of pranichealing.com:

Crown: the 12 inner petals contain predominantly golden prana, and the 960 outer petals contain light violet, blue, yellow, green, orange, and red pranas.2
Brow: The ajna chakra has ninety six petals, and has two divisions, each having forty eight petals. In some persons, one division is predominantly light yellow, and the other division is predominantly light violet. Others have whitish green in one division and light violet in the other. The predominant color pranas in the ajna differ from person to person, and the colors change according to a person’s psychological state.
Throat: predominantly blue prana with some green and violet pranas.
Heart: The front heart chakra contains golden and light red pranas. The back heart chakra contains golden, red, orange, and yellow pranas. The slight difference in appearance between the front heart chakra and back heart chakra, however, is that the front heart chakra contains more golden prana with some light red prana.
Solar Plexus: contains red, yellow, green and blue pranas. It also contains a little of orange and violet pranas.
Sacral: Contains red prana of two different shades, and orange prana
Base: Contains red and orange prana...contains very minute amount of unnoticeable yellow prana

russmi31
30th December 2014, 06:46 PM
OK, lets try this again ! I typed a long reply and it is gone :roll:.

Thank you for all the replies and help! I think I get what all are saying. It sounds to me like some of you are not concerned about color (Use just white when working on each)?

I have posted before on how I have "Lost" have not had ANY OBE happenings in around 4 years. I stopped for awhile doing everything. Reread NEW book, started over, still nothing. This is of course very frustrating because I loved doing them and was looking forward to new explorations and getting in touch with spirit guides, etc.

Instead of typing the long reply again of what I am doing I will ask if some of you would share how you do your energy work, how often, how long.......

In brief, this is what I basically do (almost on nightly basis)

I will relax for 20-30 minutes (I do this well I think and feel very heavy, unwilling to move)
I then do a protection prayer asking for a white sphere of energy around me.
I work each Chakra (base to crown) either spinning or working in/out (laying down)
At each one I focus on its color (hence my color questions)
I will count as I spin to keep work even on each one (100 spins right/left/in & out)
*Way back when I did this I would get warmth or tingling, but not anymore. I sometimes go as many as 500 spins, etc.
After this, I will work energy from below feet (laying down) up through front of body and out crown. (Sometimes just "up", sometimes up & down) Using counting and reps as above)
After this I will just lay quietly, or focus on third eye, etc.
I have learned not to try OBE until morning, if I do I will be awake all night:shock:.
I have tried different speeds of "spinning", "moving energy" from S L O W (1 rev every 2-3 sec.) to as fast as I can go (around 2 per sec).

I have never had any "visualizations" (images, shapes, colors) except a very few quick flashes of a color or what looks like a picture?? I can "imagine, think" them in detail (like a beach scene) but not see any of it.

Also, all of my OBE'S except maybe 1, have been from a dream state (never conscious exit).
When I have exited, 95% of the time it starts with my feet/legs raising up and then I struggle (push/pull/tug) until I sometimes et rest of body out. (It is very comical). :wacky1: Sometimes I will have a rushing roaring sensation in my head just before I get out.

I hope I am not being a pest or annoying people! Just am looking for help!

Thanks in advance!!!

Leon
1st January 2015, 06:32 PM
There are two major ways of stimulating of chakras, visualisation and tactile imaging. When you are working with visualisation it might really be important what color are chakras but when you work with Robert's tactile imaging system you are mostly concentrated on your sensations...

I think working with colors aren't very important in Robert's tactile imaging system as in the "new age" system where you are mostly concentrated on colors...

sorry for my English.

CFTraveler
1st January 2015, 07:20 PM
What I do is use Robert's tactile imaging and 'see' what I can in front of my eyes while I work the chakra. I can usually call on the 'correct' color that goes with the chakra- I use it as an added concentration effect, and I realize it's not something everyone can do. There may be a bit of associative synesthesia involved, but I know some others that can do it too.
FWTW.