PDA

View Full Version : Confused as to what you actually do with energy.

buzzcock
6th January 2015, 11:43 AM
I've been reading a few books on the occult, yoga/chi gung, etc. As far as I can gather, you can use exersices to raise your energy, use them get rid of old energy that needs to be drained to make way for the new , keeping old energy is unhealthy.

But when you have the raised energy, I'm not sure what you do with it - whether you just keep it high to be a more effective person in life, relationships, conflicts, or use it for some kind of reality manifesting, directing it into rituals.

Wondering what everyone here does with their energy once they've raised/refreshed it.

MooSaysTheCat
6th January 2015, 04:25 PM
I would also like to know more about this. To be honest I'm not even sure what IS this energy.

CFTraveler
7th January 2015, 02:41 PM
I only use it to ease with projection and healing.

Dreamweaver
8th January 2015, 07:10 AM
I use it for healing, lucid dreaming, and developing intuition and clairsentience .

susan
8th January 2015, 08:50 AM
Very much the same as already said.
Raising energy the News way kick started the projections. From there everything else, the Clairs.........

IA56
8th January 2015, 12:04 PM
Yes, me too, very much the same as already said,
Patience and hard work is what keep´s the energy to expand and give me more wisdom....
Nothing come´s without patience and hard work.....when an expantion has happen there will be a moment of rest, but then I have to start to work again...and work for me is meditation...in my way.....

Love
ia

arcant
22nd January 2015, 09:07 AM
Actually, there are several "types" of basic energies (we divide them so to simplicize things, technically it's too large topic to break down here :) ), which Robert Bruce referred to as dimensions: ethereal, astral and so on. This classification in some ways, especially when related to yoga, chi gung / qi gong, etc. might be confusing though. In brief, there are more "matter-close" energies, and higher-frequency subtle ones.

What people usually have on their mind when considering excercises like qi-gong, it's more physical (as a frequency) energy. You may then:
- either transform it into the sublte one
- or use it for your physical body to improve it, get better condition, healing etc.
- or use it directly to impact your energetic system

It takes training self to leave this energy alone, intact: most people are just not used to have so much energy, so their energy system naturally finds a way to dissolve it. So, I think, it's better to not exeggarate with such excercises, and keep observing your energy and condition.

CFTraveler
22nd January 2015, 02:16 PM
That's one thing I noticed when I studied Tai Chi and QiGong- While yoga brings the energy 'up' and I feel more 'light' and it actually helps with projection, my TaiChi practice and QiGong exercises moved it 'down' and seems to have grounded it greatly. NEW seems to keep it where it is, with it's 'starting at the bottom and finishing it on the top' and 'doing circuits'- moving it around but neither lifting it or grounding it.
Arcant, do you have a lot of expeience with QiGong? Does this ever change? I'm curious. I left the practice because of health reasons, and wonder if I had stuck with it longer it would have balanced itself out.

arcant
22nd January 2015, 04:17 PM
CFTraveler interesting experiences. I didn't excercise yoga, I have no comparison then.

I wasn't a dedicated student to any Qi Gong masters, or anything like that. So, I don't follow any formal way, but rather try to develop the way that could be called "natural". I mean, we all develop (even those who consider themselves not developing at all), and the most important thing as I noticed when increasing the awareness to energies is to not disallow it to do so - then it works, all the time, on many levels (many of which we don't even realize). With regard to Qi Gong, I indeed practice some excercises - the ones I just found working well for myself. But I'm not going to get any degrees or mastery in this or that formal area, if this is what you mean :)

But, of course, generally I do have experiences with energies (like probably everyone here). Qi-Gong starts with "grounding", as you call it, and in increasing the personal energy resources. In this sense, it's very practical, and makes your overall state better during the day. The effects are instant. But of course this is not the whole subject about Qi-Gong; there are more subtle, mind excercises related to Qi-Gong, or to Taoist Alchemy. Perhaps you have heard about it.

To the health matters, well this is another subject, and I'm also coping with it in a way (unfortunetely it is the issue from my earliest childhood; the "health or energy incompabilities" I would call them). I found many Qi-Gong advices, or in general Taoists advices (I'm not a Taoist myself), very helpful. I recommend them to anyone, particularly having such problems, to at least take a look at what Taoist view on the universe, and human energy system, is. It might be a little challanging though, since I haven't found any single handbook on the subject that covers the whole thing directly, or in the most satisfying way. But being practical, it suits my needs. :)

CFTraveler
22nd January 2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks for such a comprehensive answer, arcant. I know a little bit of the theory of chinese medicine (from translating books, not actual study) so the Taoist perspective would be interesting to study, I imagine. Thanks again.

arcant
22nd January 2015, 07:36 PM
No problem. Chinese medicine is very interesting, but I found that one needs to be careful about the terms there, because usually they're presented without a context, or even more full understanding of these terms. Otherwise it's easy to find oneself in a confusion, or sticking to the mechanical activities that "need" to be applied. Partly because this is a very ancient tradition, which referred to way of thinking and naming things by the ancient people (in a more metaphoric or symbollic way, with symbols having then clear references, which in time in many cases have been lost).

ButterflyWoman
23rd January 2015, 08:52 AM
I've been following this thread and had a long think about what (if anything) to add to it.

I use energy to create thoughtforms and so on, and also to project an aura of various sorts. I tend to radiate "mother goddess" most of the time (that's my default, and it happens without me even thinking about it), and people react to that. I can change it, though, by changing my energy aura. I can pretty much go invisible (not literally invisible, but I can melt into the scenery and also sort of deflect people's attention, sort of like a cloaking device or something along those lines), I can radiate "I'm here now, step aside!" I can radiate "I belong here, just leave me be and it's all good" (something I learned when living as a single female in a pretty rough neighborhood), and probably other stuff, though I can't think what else I'd try. (When I was young, I tended to radiate a kind of "Hey, I'm hot to trot" aura, but I don't do that one any more because, errr, I'm not that hot to trot now ;)).

I also use it for subtle communication, particularly with animals. The most common is, "It's okay, I won't hurt you" and "I love you" but there could be other kinds of communication with some animals as required.

The force has a strong influence on the weak-minded. ;) And energy auras can have a strong effect on pretty much everyone, but especially on people who are not very self-aware or energy-aware in a conscious way.

buzzcock
23rd January 2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the replies, all being read and thought over.

ButterflyWoman
24th January 2015, 06:42 AM
Oh, I had another thought about this. I used to do public speaking and a bit of amateur acting, and I was always told I had very good stage presence. Thinking back, I think it's because of the way I used energy. I was not consciously aware of it then, but I've always instinctively understood about creating an energy aura (I've been doing the "disappear into the woodwork" thing since I was a kid, for example). I suspect that really good actors probably use their energy fields to create part of the persona you see, and that's what makes it believable. Charisma is certainly a kind of energetic presence, as well.

arcant
24th January 2015, 04:53 PM
(When I was young, I tended to radiate a kind of "Hey, I'm hot to trot" aura, but I don't do that one any more because, errr, I'm not that hot to trot now ;)).
Well, it's very interesting to read insights like these. Very mind-developing. Anyway, what about just starting radiating a "hot" thing(s) once more? ;) Not sure what were you referring to with the "mother goddess" :)

ButterflyWoman
25th January 2015, 10:28 AM
Anyway, what about just starting radiating a "hot" thing(s) once more?
Well, I could, but I'm not looking for that kind of attention or those kinds of connections now.

Not sure what were you referring to with the "mother goddess" :)
Mother Goddess is a kind of archetype. I tend toward a fairly Jungian view of archetypes, and, I admit, I've also been quite influenced by Joseph Campbell's writings on mythology and archetypes, so I also tend to view them through a Campbellian lens. However, the philosophical concept of archetypes goes back to Plato, at least (probably someone thought of it earlier, but Plato wrote it down (actually, Arisotole wrote it down, having been a student of Plato) and people still read it).

Just to get you started (if you're interested):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_goddess
https://www.archetypes.com/article/plato
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archetype
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_archetypes
http://www.divineparadox.com/arts/archetypes_on_the_path.htm
http://www.soulcraft.co/essays/the_12_common_archetypes.html
http://www.myss.com/library/contracts/determine.asp

It's an interesting concept, and a quite useful one. I generally seem to be Mother Goddess these days, which is fine (I don't do it on purpose; it just evolved that way and that's the way it is), but I have a fair bit of the Trickster in the mix, too. ;)

arcant
27th January 2015, 08:45 AM
Yes, archetype is a great concept I'm using too. Yet, I have problems to explain to others particular archetypes, especially in brief. Also, I often find myself in difficulties to understand others' explanations on what they refer to.

I saw many women having preferences to something like "Mother Goddess", "Mother Earth", "Gaya" etc. They often even chose nicknames as such. But every time it happened to stumble upon it, I was puzzled about it, having / feeling no connection to this archetype at all (in a sense of "stranger", "unkown" or "not-understandable").

It's said that image is worth of many words (thousands or other number; doesn't matter :) ). But when you look at it, you see only your own mental associations, brought forth in one moment. If the author's ones are similar to yours, you look at the same thing. If not, you're looking at something else what he or she created.

Images are similar to archetypes. I think the main problem with archetypes is that if you have no personal experiences about some specific archetype, you're probably unable to understand it, no matter how much explanation others provide to you.

So in brief, it seems that archetypes are not a perfect mean for communication, when too many differences exist (and this is where communication is mostly needed).

ButterflyWoman
27th January 2015, 10:00 AM
Archetypes are not as archetypical as Plato wanted them to be, that's correct. But the image of "a mother" is pretty much universal, which is where the archetype comes in. In fact, "mother goddess" varies greatly from culture to culture and from person to person. Quan Yin, the Virgin Mary, Isis, Demeter, even Kali is a mother goddess figure. All of these are quite different, but they have a kind of "core" of similarity. The idea of a mother-creator (or, at least, a mother-protector deity) is present in all of them (though Kali also has some pretty strong "destroyer" aspects, as well, which makes her one of the more interesting figures, IMHO). Isis has some Trickster aspects, Quan Yin is kind of like a feminine Buddha, and Mary, of course, is a virgin, a quite unusual quality in a mother... ;)

My image of Mother Goddess varies, but the thing is, I didn't choose it. It kind of chose me. I only see it from the perspective of being it, kind of like how you only see your own face when you look in a reflective surface. People react to the "mother" aspect, though, sometimes more or less dramatically. People who have unresolved negative mother issues can react very badly, indeed, but those who respond well to the nurturing aspect will see that and interact with that, instead. Some people kind of go into "child mode" of various sorts (looking for approval, being defiant, all the stuff kids do to test their mothers). Pretty interesting to observe, when I take the time to step back and do so. And, of course, some people don't really seem to react much to it at all. :)

IA56
27th January 2015, 11:43 AM
Hi BW,

This is a good Picture of the under the divider-line puts the deity Kali for example and the Mary above the divider-line. These two are good Picture of the difference under and above so to speak...because it is so difficult to tell a difference in Words, but somehow I can understand to be good examples....I want to add that it is the qualities what is presented, what leads to understand the symbolism.

Love
ia

Searching4Guru
27th January 2015, 04:15 PM
ButterflyWoman, you are an interesting individual. :]

Learning about energy, about raising it, about controlling it is commonly unexpected to be very important.

I got pulled into energy work because it was impactful in a way that it opened my mind. Suddenly, I felt like a child again. I was getting my imagination back when before it was taken from me by society. I was able to realize that I am as creative as I was, potentially speaking.

I tell you, once you break those chains (Plato reference), you will feel complete.

I still use energy work to keep control of Self and, in a positive way, improve or affect those around me.

But the very first reason why I researched energy work was for psychic defense. Weird thing about practicing this too: After a while, I believe it becomes automatic or practicing energy work in general makes it so that if something is sapping from you, you don't even feel it because I imagine it's like... My aura is like a big dog and their aura is like a chihuahua. They can only make their presence known but I look passed them because they will never affect me, you understand? lol bad analogy..

Also, once you practice these things, you begin to see other people with, i would call, gifts. You spot them like vampires for you are also a vampire, metaphorically speaking.

These gifted people I speak of, you spot them because they're mind is open like your own. You see their aura; you see their potential; you can see their above-average awareness; you can see their intelligence; you can see that they are going to make, if not already making, a difference in the world in a positive way.

The same could be said about the opposite. You can spot bad-juju; you can see them in/on people.

Additionally, I would like to mention a third kind of persona. This type of aura I see most people have. It's scary. Most of the population (at least in America) are on neutral. So accustomed to an automatic life; never having to think for self or for community. They stare at facebook in their mobile devices so long that they are developing back problems. I love technology but I hate what it does to people. It's like they're zombies. You try to talk to one in a critical way (about life or beliefs for example) and they always go, "I hadn't really thought about it."

It drives me nuts and I don't but I'd like to ask, "What have you really thought about, ever?"

Energy work is a beautiful realization because you know you can influence people in a positive way -- a way that could really make a difference in their life.

It opens your mind, it opens your heart, and it makes you stronger.

I believe if there were to be peace on earth, wisdom of this must be widely possessed.

I believe we can get there and it starts now, wherever you may be.

arcant
27th January 2015, 07:19 PM
Searching4Guru yes, energy awareness, and what it brings, is amazing. But then there come a moment in the progress when one learns there's something more than just that.

CFTraverel asked above whether energy-work like qi-gong excercises takes one any further than just working with energy. Well, I think it's like comparing a noobie student with a master in martial arts: the first usually thinks about the techniques and tends to look on everything in a surfacial way, while the latter's experience managed him or her to develop something invisible and not simply possible to convey to students. This something is a consciousness.

The same refers to energy. At first, one may think that one needs to just use it, particularly toward others. Because of practicing energy stuff, one have an advantage over other people: he or she senses more, realizes more about them, feels their aura, even gets telepathic signals; on the other hand, that one who is fluent in the area may control aura or energy that it affects other people in a way one wants them to. But then, usually after many experiences, one may come to realization that there's something more than just kung fu or wu shu blows, more than energy impacting others... Then there appear a question "why" or other alike, bringing many notices about self and others, and consciousness progress. Instead of coping with energy on a lower level, one starts to notice that this energy doesn't exist at just a single level, but has its source in a higher one. Finally such a person may come to a conclusion that everything starts within his or her mind.

What I wrote above in large part refers to mentioned Taoists, who were involved in all of these mentioned discplines: from physical martial arts, through energy work, to the mind exploration and development.

ButterflyWoman right, it seems Jung (for instance) had a different idea about archetypes than Plato. Both variants can exist (I think, probably do), and even be connected together, when involving multi-dimension reality as a kind of "hierarchical structure". The Jungian archetypes could be thus subconscious, lower-energy deep feelings-like "images" (perhaps connected astrologically to the Moon), while Platonic archetypes being truly universal, with no direct energy (kind of that we used to use in mundane lives) involved in them. So it's like the first were the shadows of the latter, and needed to be so (i.e. to be "just shadows") in order to be used collectively by the "mundane" societies. Plato spoke about it (perfectness of the archetypes vs. imperfectness of its derivatives) as well. So, we have here two different, but not entirely different (connected in a way), meanings of archetypes.

I understand the concept (archetype) of Yin, referred to by Asian people as Earth sometimes (being certainly more concrete, and thus less universal "version" of Yin). However, Yin is an impersonal energetic (and archetypical) polar. But your explanations are very good, they gave the "Mother" archetype a personal meaning in a wide enough and accurate context.

From what you describe, it seems that the archetype and its impact on others you mention is a really strong one in your personality, so that it's "energetically stable". You also have a highly developed self-awareness (kind of "external outlook" into your own behaviour, and even further, the general "image"), which could be connected to prominent Uranus in the birth chart, and/or Scorpio, but it's just guessing here.

You brought up the ancient people's references to the archetypes. Indeed, they have a lot to do with energy (not necesserily with "what to do with it" question though). Ancient traditions used archetypes to classify energy types, or forces, in the universe. Aura, i.e. kind of energy it consists and is built from, is probably best recognized and described with references to archetypes. When the archetype is strong one within one, it certainly "pours down" from a higher, more archetypical levels of personality (not the ones most people refer to as personality).

ButterflyWoman
28th January 2015, 02:00 AM
ButterflyWoman right, it seems Jung (for instance) had a different idea about archetypes than Plato. Both variants can exist (I think, probably do), and even be connected together, when involving multi-dimension reality as a kind of "hierarchical structure".
Yes, I quite agree.

The Jungian archetypes could be thus subconscious, lower-energy deep feelings-like "images" (perhaps connected astrologically to the Moon), while Platonic archetypes being truly universal, with no direct energy (kind of that we used to use in mundane lives) involved in them.
Oh, that's an interesting concept. I do think that Jungian/Campbellian archetypes are things that exist in the collective unconscious.

So it's like the first were the shadows of the latter, and needed to be so (i.e. to be "just shadows") in order to be used collectively by the "mundane" societies. Plato spoke about it (perfectness of the archetypes vs. imperfectness of its derivatives) as well. So, we have here two different, but not entirely different (connected in a way), meanings of archetypes.
Indeed.

You brought up the ancient people's references to the archetypes. Indeed, they have a lot to do with energy (not necesserily with "what to do with it" question though). Ancient traditions used archetypes to classify energy types, or forces, in the universe. Aura, i.e. kind of energy it consists and is built from, is probably best recognized and described with references to archetypes. When the archetype is strong one within one, it certainly "pours down" from a higher, more archetypical levels of personality (not the ones most people refer to as personality).
Yes. I was perhaps not as clear as I might have been. Some of these concepts are things I haven't actually articulated before now. The concept of "energetic archetypes" as opposed to Platonic archetypes is interesting, and a distinction I can appreciate.

Searching4Guru
28th January 2015, 06:20 AM
I'm hungry for the conclusion. What should you do with energy?

IA56
28th January 2015, 08:33 AM

Expand your awareness.

Love
ia

ButterflyWoman
29th January 2015, 03:19 AM
Whatever you want?

susan
29th January 2015, 11:29 AM
What should you do with energy?
Use it for a good purpose which would improve the quality of your life and hopefully benefit others.
How?
By raising energy and keeping the flow strong you may want to

Earn Money From It.
a) Developing psychic abilities and give readings for people
b)provide healing to people.
c) master a skill using energy and teach others. Eg. Tai Chi.

Improve your own health/ body.

However, if you are more drawn towards discovering more about YOU ,
Use the energy and learn how to aid conscious OBEs
Use the energy and learn how to to work with the other side and communicate.
Learn to be proficient in dream recall
Learn how to interpret dreams and decide if they are relevant to take notice of or when to dismiss them .
With this you improve your outlook on life and may be gently guided in life with hints and suggestions and sometimes warnings.
Once you have a conscious OBE you may just want more and more to discover unless something important in physical needs your attention more.

All of these have been mentioned already I think. I've just put them in order to summarise .
So the choice is up to the individual as to what to do with it.
What you are drawn towards.At the end of the day whatever you choose it will be your choice and will expand your awareness.
The energy is the tool but we have to learn the skill.

ButterflyWoman
29th January 2015, 11:43 AM
Just to add, you don't have to use it to benefit anyone or anything. People use their available energy for any and all purposes (usually without consciously understanding it, but they're still doing it), including ones that you might consider negative. Energy is basically the substance of reality (that's not precisely correct, but it's not a bad metaphor). You can use it for anything you want.

arcant
31st January 2015, 07:54 PM
It's very good to be straight to the point and always expect conclusions. :) So here's mine on what to do with energy:
* start with the question what you want to acheive in a most general way, like in your life :)
* then you realize what kind of energy you need
* then your energy will motivate you to acheive that, and your motivation will keep that kind of energy being attracted to yourself (as a circural way)

It partly refers to practical "wu-wei" state (as from Taoists teachnigs).

If you consider it to be too general, please narrow your question then. ;) Specific energy kind and specific goals could have more specific answers.

Generally speaking, the energy role is to "change" something. :) But I think the question about what to do with energy, is more like what to do generally, or what to do with your life. :)

Here's a little break-down examples referring to specific energy kinds:
* physical kind of energy - used to physical actions (externally) or to improve physical body (internally)
* vital energy (connected to the second energy center, called also lower tan t'ien) - used to keep physical and emotional energy high; if you're not a physical-like type, it's better to not exeggarate with this one at first
* Qi, personality and mental energy (third energy center, middle tan t'ien) - it can be applied in quite many ways, but usually you may find a personal impact on others when increasing this one; in long term it's also very important to keep your health, feeling and energetic system at high level
* Heart center - easily to underestimate, but very important as well, and effects are seen in rather longer term: it keeps balance and harmony in a general way, involving physical, emotional, mental state, but also your relations, particularly in places you spend most time in (like home, work etc.)

There are of course much more into this topic, but I think for the moment that should be ok?

ButterflyWoman
1st February 2015, 01:56 PM
I just was presented with a metaphor. I wasn't going to post it (it may sound a little weird or snarky) but I'm feeling quite compelled, so I'm going to share it. Take it for what it's worth.

Asking "What do you do with energy?" is like asking, "What do you do with money?" Answer: Use it for whatever you want/need.