PDA

View Full Version : Infrared Vision?

demo
7th January 2015, 07:57 AM
After more than a year experimenting with lucid dreaming and astral projection I'm getting a clear message that proper meditation and self improvement is the best way to go for me. Started the low light open eyed fixation on one point and I find myself in a world of purple.

Its everything in the room, but dark purple. Cant be infrared can it? At the moment I can only hold it for max 10 seconds and haven't seen any variation from the dark purple yet.

CFTraveler
7th January 2015, 02:49 PM
We can't see infrared or ultraviolet for that matter. The color results are simply what we can see- violet (not purple) is the closest thing to ultraviolet and red is the closest thing to infrared. Both colors are at the opposite sides of the spectrum, so if you're seeing purple it's an effect of the ambient light and how it interacts with your eyelid color. Also you could be perceiving entoptic phenomena. I wouldn't give color that much importance, except for the ability to evoke it. That can be a meditative technique in itself, and quite fun.

demo
16th January 2015, 03:34 AM
Thank you for the response as always CFTraveler! Greatly appreciated