PDA

View Full Version : OBE in non-lucid dream

babblebin
22nd January 2015, 01:45 AM
I've had a few OBEs that originated from sleep-paralysis. But last night in a dream I suddenly started having an OBE sensation without having been lucid. The fear of it woke me up, and left me with a strong feeling in my body. The dream itself had a very clear quality to it, in that rooms in my old home for the most part looked as they are. The sequence of events involved me preparing to meet with a meditation teacher, when suddenly a family member called me into their room, because he had witnessed aliens. I entered his room and noticed that the floor-length vertical blinds were shimmering. I knew that there was a presence in the room, and felt this electric presence around me. While holding an electronic devise on which the screen showed where the alien lights had appeared outside the house, as if from a satellite perspective, suddenly my body become engaged as if something were both inside me and wrenching me up. I had a kind of roaring in my head (not as loud as I've experienced it before), an electric feeling, wave of fear - shared by my family member, and the physicality of it was overwhelming.

It seems strange that this happened without an initial lucid moment. Have other people had experiences like this?

MooSaysTheCat
22nd January 2015, 08:43 AM
I'm no expert but this seems like a very vivid dream/nightmare.

The sequence of events that you described also have happened in my own nightmares, maybe you have had so many lucid dreams and OBEs that you started to forget what a nightmare feels like? I'm not trying to belittle your experience or anything this is what I honestly think.

CFTraveler
22nd January 2015, 02:11 PM
Yes, when I was young I used to have all kinds of exit sensations and exits from the dream state. I also 'dreamed' I taught my younger siblings how to fly and maneuver flying inside the house. I assumed these were dreams until the oldest brother, told me about the 'same dreams' he had as a youngster- it then dawned on me that these were probably genuine real time OBEs that started out in the dreamstate for me, but with almost no reality fluctuations.
My guess is that the exit sensations were coming from an actual separation overlapping the dream content, and that is why your experience had more reality fluctuations than mine- I was young and had no judgements about the experience, while you are older and had more time to think about the experience itself, introducing reality fluctuations, astral content into the realtime OBE. It happens to me now that I'm an adult and have more preconceived notions of what reality's supposed to be, regardless of what I believe is possible.

Kittahkatt
25th February 2015, 07:57 PM
I have had quite a few of these experiences happen through dreaming including the electric feeling. Although, I didn't get scared and was able to move around consciously. First time I was dreaming of being in my kitchen going through drawers when I came across an odd object and got that static, electricity feeling go up my body and stop at my head before I was aware and had control (felt like an OBE at that point). I then went on to summon my higher self and talked to her. Second time, I was dreaming of being in the car with my partner when something he said triggered the electricity followed by awareness. Another time recently I was dreaming of opening my front door to a huge plaza outside my house when I got the electricity again. It felt like it lasted a while but I struggle with recalling some details minus flying and talking to someone. I have noticed each time that I have become aware during a dream and have been able to control it there is always that electric feeling and there's always something I've noticed was strange or out of place that I think caused me to be aware. It makes me wonder if when we are dreaming we are actually traveling via our astral body unconsciously and on those rare occasions we become aware.