PDA

View Full Version : Im have trouble relaxing

Saturn
4th February 2015, 06:00 AM
I am beginning to notice something about myself.
I seem to have trouble relaxing.

I realized this the other day when I was at the dentist. The dentist put one of those breathing devices over my nose. He said it was to help me relax, and it worked a little bit, but I suddenly became very aware of my anxiety, and I was also very curious as to how the various tools the dentist was using worked because I'm always curious about that stuff like that.

Also I have trouble falling asleep in a moving vehicle now. For some reason I feel like if I'm awake that the person driving wont crash or is less likely to crash because I can see whats happening. When I was a child I never had this problem.

In fact I feel like I spent most of my childhood in a trance. I was always getting in trouble for daydreaming. Sometimes I'd just sit there staring out the window and I could see tiny little lights moving around in random directions and velocities in the sunlight. I don't even know what those lights are but I still see them just by simply looking into the sky during the daytime.

So now that I've been starting to meditate I can feel my arms and legs relaxing just fine but my chest and head stay alert. I cant even take naps, I can only fall asleep during bed time. I pretty much have energy for the whole day, especially if I am doing some kind of physical labor and then I get tired at bedtime. If I do manage to take a nap, I feel terrible when I wake up.

I think this is a good goal for me to start with. Learning how to relax again. I'm just not entirely sure what the source of the problem is.

CFTraveler
4th February 2015, 02:47 PM
Something that helps me (I know what the source of mine is) is doing progressive muscle relaxation, starting at the feet and going upwards, the back, neck and head last. Since I carry most of my tension in the neck, this allows me to work with it last, and dedicate more time to it. When I get to the face (the last part) I let the expression melt from my face. For some reason this works wonders for me.

Saturn
4th February 2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have a question if it's not to personal. How were you able to discover the source of your problem? Like what were the steps you took?

CFTraveler
4th February 2015, 07:22 PM
I'm just acutely aware of my family history and how my 'buttons' were installed, so to speak. I can can feel the neck tensing when certain situations arise. 'Inner dissolving' meditation is good for finding this type of stuff out, and believe it or not, regular 'sponging/ brushing' energy work. After all these years of doing NEW I'm still amazed at the thoughts that come up when I'm working on an area or another.