PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

journyman161
26th July 2006, 06:23 AM
I've seen a number of posts about headaches & advice regarding aspirin etc. Here is a way to treat them with no drugs. The only time I have seen it not work is when there was a physical problem causing the headache.

Place your hands, fingertip to fingertip with all the fingernails of one hand (say the left) just under the fingernails of the other.(right) Press firmly (not quite to the point of pain) for 1 minute.
Swap the hands around so the fingernails of the right hand are pressed in under the fingernails of the left hand for 1 minute.
Now take your right thumb & press firmly behind your upper front teeth, on the gum & teeth, & push outwards as though trying to flick your teeth out (be careful if you have false teeth *grins*) for 1 minute.

That's it - and it works. It even reduces the hangover headache from too much alcohol the night before.

If this doesn't get rid of your headache, you either have something needs a checkup or the source of the headache is ogoing - which probably also requires a checkup.

Hope this helps.

wstein
26th July 2006, 10:05 AM
Another technique best for stress or tension headaches is as follows.

Close your eyes and put one index fingertip on each temple (hollow spot just outside your eye). Look for a line. Normally (no headache) one should see a single level line of one color extending between your fingertips. If you can not find a line or at least part of one, this technique will not work. The color of the line is not that important but does indicate the current mental state or kind of headache. With a headache this line will be broken, tilted, dashed, multicolored, or out of focus.

The technique is to mentally adjust the line into a single level even line of one color extending between your fingertips. If there are multiple lines merge them into one first. If you can achieve this, hold it there for ~10 seconds and the headache should be gone. Partial success will help to some extent.

journyman161
27th July 2006, 01:55 AM
I tried that & I don't see anything that looks like a line at all - just my usual array of sparks (see in Astral Awareness)

I'd be curious if this is something most people can see or if it is unique or rare that people see a line between the fingers?

wstein
27th July 2006, 05:26 AM
Most can see the line when they do not have any pain symptoms (anywhere). More than half can do the technique when they have a headache. However, it is only effective against certain types of headaches. Most of it is a targeted relaxation technique. For instance, it does nothing for anybody on migraines or (bio)chemical induced headaches. As I said, if you can't see anything resembling a line then the technique will not work for that particular headache.